Author Topic: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - shipped  (Read 455730 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Re: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 12:20:22 »
Hey, bunny. How does the white spacebar in this set compare to the realforce/HHKB spacebar? Do they match well?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 12:21:19 »
Hey, bunny. How does the white spacebar in this set compare to the realforce/HHKB spacebar? Do they match well?

the realforce ones are a bit more grey right??
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 12:22:27 »

Not sure exactly. Just wanted your opinion on how they compare colour wise, on what ever board you have on hand.

« Last Edit: Sat, 09 May 2015, 12:24:06 by Air tree »

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 12:25:09 »

Not sure exactly. Just wanted your opinion on how they compare colour wise, on what ever board you have on hand.

so i dont have a realforce here, i have a ton of hhkbs though, the "white" hhkb keys are more grey than the white offered here

Offline GSimon

« Reply #254 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 14:01:49 »
Still wondering what the spacebars are going to be like.  I want to use this on my Leopold, but if it's not going to work, I have no issue with buying an EK universal space. 

These look awesome and I'm really looking forward to picking up some quality keycaps without spending a large percentage of my paycheck.

ill take a picture of the bottom of the spacebar tomorrow but its currently just a 3 pronged affair, i dont own any leopold boards so im not hip to all the compatibilities but im assuming you need one of the 6 pronged guys, ill have a word and see if this is something we can look in to for the future but to my knowledge it wont be included in this buy

Leopolds 200R and 750R need the 6 stem, as does the 6Gv2 and some other boards. The Leopold 660M will not work even with the 6 stem one.

For reference the universal spacebar (6stem) is included on SP's DCS and SA spacebars, not the DSA.

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
« Reply #255 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 14:16:11 »

Still wondering what the spacebars are going to be like.  I want to use this on my Leopold, but if it's not going to work, I have no issue with buying an EK universal space. 

These look awesome and I'm really looking forward to picking up some quality keycaps without spending a large percentage of my paycheck.

ill take a picture of the bottom of the spacebar tomorrow but its currently just a 3 pronged affair, i dont own any leopold boards so im not hip to all the compatibilities but im assuming you need one of the 6 pronged guys, ill have a word and see if this is something we can look in to for the future but to my knowledge it wont be included in this buy
Thanks Bunny. Going to order regardless because I like what you and your team does. Keep it up!

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline SaiZn

« Reply #256 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 14:54:36 »

The EK universal spacebar is universal with the FC200R and doesn't work with the FC660M.

I think the 8 stem Gateron spacebars work with the FC660M. That one would probably be nice to make for all the Leopold users along with an extra left shift for the FC660M.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #257 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 15:20:54 »
And a 6U for Infinity Hacker layout!

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #258 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 18:29:23 »
Will the colourways be similar in style to the purple / white set, just with a different colour in place of purple?

there is some info im not sure i can share just yet, but as soon as i can i will

but i can say, future sets will be more adventurous, both in terms of kit as well as custom legends

I'd love to see Manly Unicorn and Retro Cassette done.  I never started Cassette since there were just too many SP buys going on at once and I didn't want to do SA or DCS.

as i say, the next 3 are lined up already, but ill certainly be pushing for manly unicorn at least after that

Would totally love to see Manly Unicorn happen!
Hope we can get R2 Delete, R3 Control and eventually Split R Shift (text & symbol legends) by then!  :thumb:

Im slightly scared about possible Novelties tho tbh... xD

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #259 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 19:58:34 »
A black on black set would be amazing. I do like the white on black, and I'm considering ordering one... Maybe next paycheck.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #260 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:43:22 »
A black on black set would be amazing. I do like the white on black, and I'm considering ordering one... Maybe next paycheck.

Black caps with trans black/smoke/grey legends?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #261 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 20:48:24 »
black on black doubleshots = black blanks   :))

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #262 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 21:01:19 »

Black caps with trans black/smoke/grey legends?

black on black doubleshots = black blanks   :))

Ah my bad. But indeed, black caps with dark ash/charcoal (as dark as possible without being blanks  :-[) legends.

Offline skipped

« Reply #263 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 21:32:17 »
Red alert or Olivetti at a normal price would be a dream ^-^

Please let this happen!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #264 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 21:41:15 »
Would really like to see Control instead of CTRL next time if possible .
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #265 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 21:49:12 »

Then you need to get your keycaps from [Control|ALT] instead.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #266 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 21:59:28 »
I agree, Control looks better than Ctrl but I do see njbair's point.
Then you need to get your keycaps from [Control|ALT] instead.
lol

Hopefully one of the planned runs is Toxic as I'd prefer it with the Tsangsan set and cheaper price/MOQ than GMK.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 May 2015, 22:01:22 by KnivesM »
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #267 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 22:01:29 »
pls

Offline Yslen

« Reply #268 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 08:31:07 »
I'm having trouble with payment. I fill in card details, click the button, and it refreshes to a blank page... :(

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #269 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 08:32:28 »
Someone needs to do a spacebar intervention with Leopold.. and people who keep buying/building stuff with insane spacebars then being sad when they can't get one

Offline frostylove

« Reply #270 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 10:28:35 »
Will this GB takes up to 4 months leading time like GMK?
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #271 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 10:33:01 »
Will this GB takes up to 4 months leading time like GMK?

please read the OP

Offline Poozles

« Reply #272 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 16:10:16 »
Noobish question. I have a basic TKL with cherry browns. All I need is the Purple & White $58 set correct? I'm assuming "topre" is a different kind of board?

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #273 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 16:14:15 »
Noobish question. I have a basic TKL with cherry browns. All I need is the Purple & White $58 set correct? I'm assuming "topre" is a different kind of board?
That's right, the "topre" is for putting MX keys (that fit your current board) on a topre switch.

Man I hope I made that first 100... Need that shirt!!!

{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #274 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 16:15:25 »
Correct. Stock Topre stems are not compatible with Cherry MX caps. These stems are for people who want to mod their Topre boards to work with Cherry caps. You do not need them for your Cherry MX Browns.

My boards:
More

Offline Poozles

« Reply #275 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 16:17:10 »
Thank you for the info and clarification. Been reading "topre" a lot lately and just wasn't sure. awesome!

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 16:23:31 »
Man I hope I made that first 100... Need that shirt!!!

I believe that only the first order gets a shirt  :(

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #277 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 16:25:53 »

Been reading "topre" a lot lately

Sounds like you've been hanging out in the wrong forums.

My boards:
More

Offline Bomble

« Reply #278 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 22:09:18 »

Been reading "topre" a lot lately

Sounds like you've been hanging out in the wrong right forums.

Don't worry I got you

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #279 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 01:53:54 »
hello bunny, just wondering if any of the spacebars in this set will be appropriate for the Realforce 87u? I think its a 6u spacebar for it...? Also wondering if its possible to get the MX to Topre sliders on its own? Thanks!~ I placed an order but I haven't paid yet because of this... lol
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #281 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 02:02:00 »
why no ISO love?

They've said they'll definitely be doing something in future but they decided to stick with ANSI for the first sets to keep tooling costs down.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #282 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 03:04:27 »
are the sliders novatouch like sliders?

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #283 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 03:14:37 »
are the sliders novatouch like sliders?

Yep. Drop in replacements for Topre boards to allow compatibility with MX caps.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #284 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:15:32 »
If the next rounds could be Dolch with a mod pack CMYW or electric blue (that kind of color), that be really sick! :D

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #285 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:17:00 »
If the next rounds could be Dolch with a mod pack CMYW or electric blue (that kind of color), that be really sick! :D

im pretty sure we have run dolch in to the ground by this point

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #286 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:19:24 »

I'm not sure I got your point but do you mean that there would be not much interests for it?  :'(

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #287 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:21:18 »
he meant it's been done so often it seems redundant to repeat it yet again

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #288 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:21:22 »

I'm not sure I got your point but do you mean that there would be not much interests for it?  :'(

well im sure there would be some interest, i just feel like as a community we have done that colorway so so so much, in so many different formats, i think id rather focus on new or at least less revisited favourites than that as a priority

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #289 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:23:15 »
he meant it's been done so often it seems redundant to repeat it yet again

well im sure there would be some interest, i just feel like as a community we have done that colorway so so so much, in so many different formats, i think id rather focus on new or at least less revisited favourites than that as a priority

Yeah I got you both, you are right. Let's not eat the same dish too many times!  ;D

I'll see to find some in the aftermarket.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #290 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:24:35 »

Thank you.  Dolch is great, but we need some variety.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #291 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:26:14 »

Thank you.  Dolch is great, but we need some variety.

Yeah I was interested because I missed all the Dolch GB but variety's good though.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #292 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 13:27:33 »
JTK SoWaRe, Red Alert and Raindrop confirmed :cool:

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #293 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 16:03:14 »
Is JT Keycaps based in Europe or USA? Do we know her or him, is he or she a member of GH?

Sorry for asking maybe already answered questions!
... ...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #294 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 16:04:24 »
Is JT Keycaps based in Europe or USA? Do we know her or him, is he or she a member of GH?

Sorry for asking maybe already answered questions!

china and yes they are a member, and have been posting in this thread

its a friend of mine who i have worked with many times before

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #295 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 19:53:08 »
Is there any way to know if I was one of the first 100 to join? I joined as soon as it went up so I think I am, but was just curious.

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #296 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 19:57:15 »
Is there any way to know if I was one of the first 100 to join? I joined as soon as it went up so I think I am, but was just curious.
edit: nvm wrong thread
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2015, 19:58:54 by pwnnarwhal »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #297 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 20:51:20 »

I still haven't managed to get hold of a Dolch or Dolch-like set (pending Harry posting my Tai Hao order, that is).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #298 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 01:56:44 »

I still haven't managed to get hold of a Dolch or Dolch-like set (pending Harry posting my Tai Hao order, that is).
Do you mind telling the quality of the set once you receive it? :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 02:03:03 »

Do you mind telling the quality of the set once you receive it? :)

Probably standard Tai Hao, I don't see any reason to suspect otherwise.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ