Author Topic: [GB] TGR-Jane custom TKL keyboard (COMPLETED)  (Read 213498 times)

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
Re: [GB] TGR-Jane custom TKL keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 07:55:20 »
Ordered. :thumb:
Decided to go with the alu plate, is the color of the plate fixed? if not I would love to get a red one.  :p
Yeah. Plate color is going to be red.  :rolleyes:

I might be interested in ordering one of these, but I'd like to know if it's possible to have it pre-assembled with switches and stuff and how much that would cost.

I'm in Malaysia, by the way.
Possible. Mr. Yongjk has volunteered to help with the assembly. With a small fees of course.

These look amazing.

Stupid question: is the board fully soldered and assembled?
for $420, you are getting only the case + plate + pcb presoldered with controllers. However, you may request Yongjk to assist you with the assembly.

Ordered, going with aluminum plate, debating on steel as I've heard it is good for linear switches. Can we have additional plates? :))
Sure why not. Will come to that once the invoices are issued.

I really dig the clean look, but the logo seems a bit too embedded for my liking.

Compared to the following pic, will it be "deeper"?

Show Image

I am not sure bro. But the depth for the TGR logo ~ 0.5mm

looks wonderful, why are you limiting this to only 20 boards?

sadly, this is too rich for my blood. and not topre. but good luck!
Well, I see this as a casual groupbuy. Yes, making more will further reduce the cost and I can make more profit out of it.
But for now, 20 is quantity that I am comfortable with. 

Can u post a excel to show orders?
Big god, I will. Don't worry.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 09:44:31 »
asking because i don't trust online photos when it comes to colors: how closely will your blue grey version resemble Duck's?

Offline Malicium

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 09:50:03 »
PM'ed

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 10:14:19 »
Hi guys, the slots were all taken at approximately 3 hours after the approval bump. I was stoked seeing the number of orders coming in. Thank you for the interest in Jane.

But again, only 20 sets will be made. I will issue the invoice in the next 24 hours, feel free to PM me if you have any doubts with the payment. Then we can discuss further on assembly service, extra plate, extra pcb, etc etc...

Again, this groupbuy means a lot me. I am still thinking of a way to thank those who managed to secure a slot.

Cheers.

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #54 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 10:18:25 »
asking because i don't trust online photos when it comes to colors: how closely will your blue grey version resemble Duck's?
Well, I don't one in hand now to compare. But if my memory serves me right, the blue grey of duck's one is lighter.

My collection

More

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 10:21:07 »
Man, I'm going to have a sell a bunch of stuff to make this happen for me, but believe you me I'm going to make it happen! I thought the Mira was going to be my first custom board, but it looks like this will be. I've been drooling over the KMACs since DangWang's blog post too, and I can't believe I'm going to own a custom board that looks exactly like it.

I may order an extra plate too. Maybe a PCB, but definitely another plate.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 10:27:45 »
Man, I'm going to have a sell a bunch of stuff to make this happen for me, but believe you me I'm going to make it happen! I thought the Mira was going to be my first custom board, but it looks like this will be. I've been drooling over the KMACs since DangWang's blog post too, and I can't believe I'm going to own a custom board that looks exactly like it.

Since this is going to be your first definitely pick up at least an extra pcb.  You don't want something catastrophic to happen and leave you pcb-less.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 10:31:17 »

Since this is going to be your first definitely pick up at least an extra pcb.  You don't want something catastrophic to happen and leave you pcb-less.

Ah, okay. Definitely will, then!

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 10:45:01 »
will invoicing begin as soon as the last spot fills or on the 16th of August?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 10:46:50 »
will invoicing begin as soon as the last spot fills or on the 16th of August?

The answer is 5 posts above.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 10:51:37 »

I thought of this when I was designing the board.
I had problem with getting a pcb for my 360c back then, and I ended paying a lot of money just for a basic pcb.
Jane supports A87U PCB from WKL, so you shouldn't have a problem with getting one. Even if you do, you can use tx87 pcb from Kin25.
Any A87U pcb man, so you have nothing to worry man  :))

My collection

More

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 11:03:28 »
You didn't reply to my query so i couldn't make my order...

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 11:06:51 »

I had problem with getting a pcb for my 360c back then, and I ended paying a lot of money just for a basic pcb.
Jane supports A87U PCB from WKL, so you shouldn't have a problem with getting one. Even if you do, you can use tx87 pcb from Kin25.
Oh so we can use the Winkeyless software to program the PCB?

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 11:10:24 »

Oh so we can use the Winkeyless software to program the PCB?
Same PCB, same controller. So yeah.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:24:43 »
I want to know if I got in or not :(

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:35:00 »
what do you think?

My collection

More

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #66 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:35:37 »
what do you think?

Show Image

I think Round 2 :P
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:36:24 »
what do you think?

Show Image

Hehe, lucky me. I guess I should not buy a lottery ticket today...

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:38:45 »

My collection

More

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:40:32 »
damn it. I didn't know there were only 20 slots, I was on the fence and now I want in.

Offline FreeChemicals

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:41:18 »
I guess I was too late as well..  :-\

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:42:54 »
what do you think?

Show Image

Hehe, lucky me.
yeah, lucky you

Guessing you are as sarcastic as me? If someone drops will we down under get bumped?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:43:47 »
what do you think?

Show Image

Hehe, lucky me.
yeah, lucky you

Guessing you are as sarcastic as me? If someone drops will we down under get bumped?

The top row could be dedicated to a header...

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:52:54 »
what do you think?

Show Image

Hehe, lucky me.
yeah, lucky you

Then maybe I got in?! The agony!!

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 12:56:55 »
what do you think?

Show Image

Hehe, lucky me.
yeah, lucky you

yeah, the top row is for header

My collection

More

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 13:18:13 »
dang i probably didn't make it   :'(
Digilog Realforce 87u - 45g - GMK Dolch
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB
GoN Nerd Crystal TKL - 62g Mx Blacks - JTK PoW
Duck Octagon - Gateron Blacks - Miami Odessa R4

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 13:26:36 »
what do you think?

Show Image

Hehe, lucky me.
yeah, lucky you

Words can't describe how happy I am.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 14:57:07 »
Just found out about ZealPC's custom MX Ergo Clears. I think I may want those. This board will be able to support those switches and LEDs, right? (Assuming I landed a Jane.)

Offline Danboard

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 15:58:23 »
Just found out about ZealPC's custom MX Ergo Clears. I think I may want those. This board will be able to support those switches and LEDs, right? (Assuming I landed a Jane.)

They would if you're only planning to use the regular LEDs. I believe one of the selling features of the new switches is the support for 4 pin RGB LEDs which you won't be able to use.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 16:04:18 »

They would if you're only planning to use the regular LEDs. I believe one of the selling features of the new switches is the support for 4 pin RGB LEDs which you won't be able to use.

Ah, nuts.Okay. Looks like I'll just stick with someone making the Ergo Clears while they're making the board for me. Will probably still get the ZealPCs switches, but will use them on another board.
Because I'm still somewhat new, what are some recommended boards/customs Zeal's switches can use?

Don't mean to derail this thread.

Offline Danboard

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 16:06:07 »

Ah, nuts.Okay. Looks like I'll just stick with someone making the Ergo Clears while they're making the board for me. Will probably still get the ZealPCs switches, but will use them on another board.
Because I'm still somewhat new, what are some recommended boards/customs Zeal's switches can use?

Not many at the moment actually, but according to Zeal's post he should be working on getting a PCB to work with those switches soon for full 4 pin RGB support.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 17:56:11 »

Not many at the moment actually, but according to Zeal's post he should be working on getting a PCB to work with those switches soon for full 4 pin RGB support.
Got it, thanks. Back to Jane.

GOT MY INVOICE!!!

Is what I hope to be saying soon...

Offline justnits

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 19:49:12 »
what do you think?

Show Image

Hehe, lucky me.
yeah, lucky you

Words can't describe how happy I am.

Show Image

omigosh! lucky you! :thumb:

what do you think?

Show Image

Hehe, lucky me.
yeah, lucky you

damn yuktsi, what a tease  :))
though i'm not sure if i got in, since i submitted pretty late, no thanks to the time zone differences when the thread goes live  :'(

Got it, thanks. Back to Jane.

GOT MY INVOICE!!!

Is what I hope to be saying soon...

i hate you guys for messing with my heart...
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:14:33 »
Good day peeps, here is the list.

For those who didn't make it, I hope I able to make more, but 20 is what I am capable of at this moment. Thank you for your support, there will be slot reserved for you in the next GB, I hope this is not the last.   

My collection

More

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:23:56 »
NO ONE GOT PINK? DISAPPOINT.
I love Elzy

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:25:20 »

in before trade only pink TGR for 356  :))

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #86 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:26:48 »

+1

hopefully i can make my mira pink ;_;

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:28:05 »
No red either, but both are rather flashy case colors so it makes sense.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:30:26 »

Show Image

For those who didn't make it, I hope I able to make more, but 20 is what I am capable of at this moment. Thank you for your support, there will be slot reserved for you in the next GB, I hope this is not the last.

Congrats to everyone on the list. Yuktsi won't disappoint  ;)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:50:23 »
YES!!!
Oh, man... Oh, man... Oh, man...

Now to choose Ergo Clears or ZealPC Ergo Clears.

Yuktsi, I'm so elated right now. Just one small change: Can I make mine titanium gray? Other than that it's perfect!

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:51:09 »

Show Image

Oh hey look, the prof is using peoples money he stole from the Phantom GB to buy himself a new board.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=38471.0

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:53:45 »

Show Image

Oh hey look, the prof is using peoples money he stole from the Phantom GB to buy himself a new board.

"everyone on GH needs to chill the **** out" -HoffmanMyster  2/11/15

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 29 July 2015, 23:56:21 »

Show Image

dude's been in full lurk mode since 2013

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 00:02:47 »
OMFG I made it in!!! whoooo!!! both this AND the Mira!!  :eek: :eek:
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 00:09:19 »
I don't think I've ever been so excited to spend 400 dollars  :p . Gonna have to survive on PB&J and carrot sticks for a month, but it will all be worth it

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 00:32:36 »
Much excite

;D ;D

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 01:13:58 »

Show Image

Probably shouldn't comment if you don't know what he's talking about.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #97 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 02:22:19 »
wait, for Mira, I have paid $40, does that mean I am in?

My collection

More

Offline justnits

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 02:27:39 »
wow, there's one name i never thought i'd see appearing on GB and one name i expect seeing but didn't appear (my name on the gb  :'( )

congrats to all who got in!

fingers crossed for round 2  :D
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline HTN47

• Mr. SoCal
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 30 July 2015, 02:33:21 »
wait, for Mira, I have paid $40, does that mean I am in?

Yeah! I think so! As long as you got an invoice that means you got in for the preorder  :thumb:
high-five!  :)
What is love.... Baby don't hurt me... No more!!