Author Topic: Fixed cable on an existing PCB (Zeal60 R4) similar to Matrix 2.0?  (Read 1755 times)

Offline runningngunning

Building a case around an unused Zeal60 I have and wanted to make a 'fixed' cable similar to what you see on the Matrix 2.0. From what I've read it uses an internal JST connector that then extends out of the back of the case like so: https://imgur.com/a/oFqeprc

Trying to avoid actually soldering the cable to PCB itself as it would make it difficult to remove the plate/pcb once everything is assembled. Once the USB-C plug is removed is it possible to add a similar JST connector? Is there a better sort of connector for what I'm looking for? Would this theoretically work on my Zeal60? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline runningngunning

Re: Fixed cable on an existing PCB (Zeal60 R4) similar to Matrix 2.0?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 15:25:40 »
Just to clarify (having a hard time explaining what I'm trying to accomplish) I'm looking to do:

Zeal60 with JST connector > cable > Lemo connector

Offline tinyenormous

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 January 2020, 21:45:13 »
Looking at the pcb from https://zealpc.net/products/zeal60rgb it seems like the usb connector is surface mounted, not through-hole (like your example). That makes it harder to solder, and much harder to solder pins to (or more specifically harder to have the pins be very strong.)
You could run wires from the various places the connector terminals go on the board to end up with your 4 usb wires but I think that may not be what your end goal is.

Offline rora

• Summitcables
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 00:27:19 »
I'm a cable maker who has made around 20ish matrix 2.0/2.2 cables

if you have any questions you can contact me via discord / rora#0001
Heavensward

Matrix 8x V2.0 Blue | Matrix 8x V2.0 Tiffany Blue | LZ SE MP | TGR Jane V2 Blue Grey | TGR Jane V2 Pink | TGR Jane V2 CE | Keycult No2, Rev1 | Keycult No2, Rev1 | TGR 910 CE | TGRxSinga Unikorn | Orion V3 | Xeno | Mira SE | Kmac Happy | Kyuu | QXP | LZ CLS H | Poly Singa | TXCP | E6V2 FE