Author Topic: JANUARY 2016 GEEK HACK DOUBLE SHOT GROUP BUY  (Read 61858 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: JANUARY 2016 GEEK HACK DOUBLE SHOT GROUP BUY
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 22:59:52 »
Why does it have to be DCS. It's by far my last favorite profile. Next time, I think JTK would make a very nice option instead. Especially since they already have the moulds.

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 23:24:37 »
Ordered two sets because my conscience forced me to spend more on the product than the shipping cost.

Does this mean that every month there is going to be a different color?

That is the plan. I don't know if I can sustain it once a month, or if I will eventually do them bi-monthly.

What if it's once a month with an option to wait and combine shipping for multiple months? This would save buyers shipping costs and ease some of your S&H burden.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 01:48:53 »
Even with the terrible Canadian currency, I'm in. I've got a fever.... and the only prescription is novelty alps caps  :cool:

Offline animal

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 02:21:51 »
Ordered!
Real men do it with a keyboard.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 02:56:29 »
I have no MX or ALPS board, but ordered anyhow. I'll eventually give them away to some new guys as they come along or something. Had to support this.

Thanks, JD!!!!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 03:31:36 »
Ordered :) thanks mate.

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 09 January 2016, 07:38:00 »
$15 for a set of caps. Hmm I'll have to think about it.
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 09:26:43 »
Thanks for all the orders so far! We've got a great start to this GB so far. :D
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 11:59:03 »
How does the purp compare to JTK?

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 15:45:45 »

That is the plan. I don't know if I can sustain it once a month, or if I will eventually do them bi-monthly.

I was wondering the same thing.  I would be up to get the monthly or bi-monthly caps, more so if shipping became a bit more Canadian-friendly (I understand you're not at fault).  This will be my first GH key, so I'm pretty stoked.  :p
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 16:26:55 »
FYI, I won't be sending any invoices until after the 17th, so I can gauge how my shipping costs are setup. Reading through a many page PDF to find prices is not the easiest, and I'd like to get actual numbers from the post office before I start billing people. If I can reduce shipping prices from what is listed, I will certainly do that.

Also, for future buys, I may try and get some reliable shipping proxies for Canada, EU, and Asia to help offset some of those high shipping costs for our international members.

So, after the 17th, the first invoices will start to go out to the PayPal email addresses you entered in the form.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 16:35:29 »

I was wondering the same thing.  I would be up to get the monthly or bi-monthly caps, more so if shipping became a bit more Canadian-friendly (I understand you're not at fault).  This will be my first GH key, so I'm pretty stoked.  :p

Once this GB has closed I would love to see how many Canadian orders there are - for something this small I would probably be able to do a proxy to save us on the shipping  :thumb:

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 19:43:31 »
Ordered ;D Now all I have to do is find an alps board.
Yoda grammar best has

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 21:05:40 »
If you're looking for a modern board I would recommend the KBP V80-MTS. It comes with clicky, tactile (they call it quiet click), and linear variants depending on what you like. KBP also makes a 60% variant if you want that. Otherwise there are some really cool vintage Alps boards out there if you're into that; some even come with really cool and interesting switches.

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 21:26:29 »
If you're looking for a modern board I would recommend the KBP V80-MTS. It comes with clicky, tactile (they call it quiet click), and linear variants depending on what you like. KBP also makes a 60% variant if you want that. Otherwise there are some really cool vintage Alps boards out there if you're into that; some even come with really cool and interesting switches.
Seems kinda expensive... Are there any vintage boards you would recommend? Or should I try building my own?
Yoda grammar best has

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 22:24:57 »
Seems kinda expensive... Are there any vintage boards you would recommend? Or should I try building my own?

I'm not the best person to give recommendations regarding vintage boards since so far I've disassembled all of the ones I have ever bought. Building your own though is definitely a possibility if you can find a PCB. I think jdcarpe has been eluding to a GB for his JD45 which would be a relatively cheap (maybe probably) and fun way to introduce you to Alps.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=62641.0

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 23:32:35 »

Would love to see these offered in different colors every or every-other month  :thumb:
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 23:34:52 »

Would love to see these offered in different colors every or every-other month  :thumb:

That's how it used to roll back in the day.  With a few extra novelty ones thrown in sometimes.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 23:38:40 »
That's how it used to roll back in the day.  With a few extra novelty ones thrown in sometimes.

I think I remember reading about some of those when I first joined, but I don't recall any happening until CTRL ALT did that GH pack GB.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 23:43:55 »
Why does it have to be DCS. It's by far my last favorite profile. Next time, I think JTK would make a very nice option instead. Especially since they already have the moulds.

because that's how it's always been, and that's how it should stay.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 00:43:22 »

+1000
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 02:01:00 »

+1000

'nuff said.

Ps. Congrats on the 20k rowdy, I must have missed it  :thumb:

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 07:39:00 »

I'm not the best person to give recommendations regarding vintage boards since so far I've disassembled all of the ones I have ever bought. Building your own though is definitely a possibility if you can find a PCB. I think jdcarpe has been eluding to a GB for his JD45 which would be a relatively cheap (maybe probably) and fun way to introduce you to Alps.

That looks pretty cool, thanks for the link :D Which switches would you recommend?
Yoda grammar best has

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 12:27:19 »

That looks pretty cool, thanks for the link :D Which switches would you recommend?

It depends on what you like for a keyswitch feel. I personally really like the Matia's quiet click switches because they feel better than cherry browns and clears.

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 12:59:19 »

Once this GB has closed I would love to see how many Canadian orders there are - for something this small I would probably be able to do a proxy to save us on the shipping  :thumb:

Alright, my syrupy friends.  LETS SEE THOSE WALLETS!  :-*
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline DAVYtm

• #dateless
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 11 January 2016, 19:27:40 »
Ordered! Awesome GB jd :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 01:29:35 »

+1000

'nuff said.

Ps. Congrats on the 20k rowdy, I must have missed it  :thumb:

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 06:33:22 »
officially in for my first GB. jdcarpe if you could check that my order is fine. Im slightly unsure about the address if correct. its in the format off street,  street number, followed by post code and city.
TP4 fanboy

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #78 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:12:59 »
officially in for my first GB. jdcarpe if you could check that my order is fine. Im slightly unsure about the address if correct. its in the format off street,  street number, followed by post code and city.

You didn't put the country, but I see that from your forum profile. All good, then. :)

in memoriam

Offline Fiery

• Click Clack Clock and a nice Thock
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:48:30 »

You didn't put the country, but I see that from your forum profile. All good, then. :)

Ok great! I'm looking forward to getting my keycaps. PM me if there is anything you need to know  ;)
TP4 fanboy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #80 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 08:49:08 »
Finally placed my order.  Great to see another old fashioned buy with the order list in the OP.  ;)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #81 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:36:01 »
**** it - placed my order.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 16:37:32 »
**** it - placed my order.

Glad to have you on board. If I can save you some on shipping, believe me I will.

in memoriam

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #83 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 20:42:53 »
I've just realized these will be my first Geekhack caps! I knew I was missing something :P
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline strafe

• Strafe's Blog
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 05:34:55 »
Order Placed!  All future caps should be DCS - I would like to see some glow in the dark or translucent keys in future group buys!
Freebird WKL (Blacks Clear-Tops), iKBC F-104 (Blacks) and more!

Offline Pdub

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 17:07:10 »
Order Placed  :D

Offline xxxkaliboyxxx

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 21:19:19 »
First GB =)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 14:37:01 »
Again, thanks everyone for the outstanding support of this buy!

Orders have pretty much dropped off now, and I will begin invoicing tomorrow. If you want to get an order in, please do so soon. Invoices will be due upon receipt, and absolutely no later than 2016-01-31. All outstanding invoices after that date will be canceled, unless you PM me to work out other payment arrangements.

in memoriam

Offline animal

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:02:51 »
Pls don't forget to switch Sean's MX with my Alps, if he still wants to trade.

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:08:40 »

Since this is a fundraiser, and since jdcarpe is including the Alps caps to encourage Alps use, I personally don't want to trade anymore. Sorry about that.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #90 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:09:51 »
^senor Carpe said it's too much of a headache

Offline Zapheo

• There's nothing that I wouldn't do.
« Reply #91 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:16:23 »
Just submitted my order! :)
I need more keyboards to hold all of these keycaps.

Offline animal

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:25:21 »

Since this is a fundraiser, and since jdcarpe is including the Alps caps to encourage Alps use, I personally don't want to trade anymore. Sorry about that.

OK no problem

Is there anyone else here who wants to change their MX with my Alps?

Offline RickyJ

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 15:55:30 »
$30cdn for 2 sets, our dollar is rough right meow.  In anyways, I need more Alps GH keys!
Currently GMMK Pro: lubed 68g U4T, FR4 plate, extra gaskets, etc

Offline 3K

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 16:37:37 »
One in topre and one in bs plea- Oh...

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline cgallizzi

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 16 January 2016, 21:55:04 »
just ordered!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #96 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 06:52:15 »
totally missed this, great to see about to place my order good sir
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 09:30:41 »
totally missed this, great to see about to place my order good sir

Glad to have you in, thank you! FYI, I wouldn't have closed it without you, or a certain CPT who is currently out of the country.

in memoriam

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #98 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 10:09:28 »
So, I checked USPS today, and it seems that the minimum international shipping cost, using untracked First Class mail, will be $13.50 for each int'l shipment. Now, I'm not going to charge more than the $10 listed in the OP, because that's already asking a lot of our international members to pay, when the shipping cost is double the price of a set of caps. What this means is that the group buy as a whole will make up the difference in shipping cost. This works, of course, with a small-ish amount of int'l orders. If I were to see a large influx of int'l orders, I would have to charge actual shipping instead. I really hate USPS right now.

in memoriam

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #99 on: Sun, 17 January 2016, 10:12:07 »
You can ship them in a bubble mailer first class for 6.55 good sir and the tracking works, sometimes it just doesn't show up for some reason
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON