Author Topic: DEEP SPACE : .........  (Read 110812 times)

Offline BJCubsFan

• bjpotter.com
Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE - Now Available!
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 00:21:55 »
Here's an unprofessional mock-up of what I am planning do with an ErgoDox. This setup requires core, planetary, and ErgoDox. I will probably also order some blanks in strategic colors depending what I actually program the ErgoDox keys to be.

Offline kebby

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 08:38:36 »
That's a nice set up for the Dox. :) We're getting very close to tipping as far as the ANSI 60% layout is concerned and even Planck is looking really good!

Wondering why the ISO kit ended up more expensive ($15 vs. $21 @ 15 orders) than in the image posted earlier? Is it just the mistake with it containing Tabs instead of the correct keys?

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 10:26:06 »
@ blooper, those spacebars need to get added to the list. no one can see them.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 13:45:06 »
That's a nice set up for the Dox. :) We're getting very close to tipping as far as the ANSI 60% layout is concerned and even Planck is looking really good!

Wondering why the ISO kit ended up more expensive ($15 vs. $21 @ 15 orders) than in the image posted earlier? Is it just the mistake with it containing Tabs instead of the correct keys?

In the quote I posted originally, the tipping point was at 25 so that brings the price down. MOQ is so difficult to determine because low tipping point = high price. But a high tipping point means the set may not make it! I didn't know what the prices would be for the lower tipping points until the kits were created and published since my quotes all started at MOQ of 25.

I've sent an email with some questions and requests, including changing the ISO to SHIFT instead of TAB. I've also inquired about why it seems so expensive. I will update when I figure it out! I'm hoping/thinking it looks like the Planck and JD40 will make it. Fingers crossed!

@ blooper, those spacebars need to get added to the list. no one can see them.

Yea, I've been trying to link them everywhere I can for exposure. I've sent an email about it as well to request that somehow all the sets be made visible/accessible.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 December 2014, 13:57:52 by Booper »
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline skipped

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 15:28:18 »
BJCubsFan, that's a really cool use of the planet keys! I might have to do that as well because it looks like the grey f stripe isn't going to tip :(

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 16:11:30 »
I disappear for a week or two and the GB starts. :'(  And I'm so poor.  Goddamn it. 

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 18:12:35 »
BJCubsFan, that's a really cool use of the planet keys! I might have to do that as well because it looks like the grey f stripe isn't going to tip :(

We have 2 weeks left so there is still some hope. But I do like that setup BJCubsFan! thanks for sharing :D

I disappear for a week or two and the GB starts. :'(  And I'm so poor.  Goddamn it.

:/ I know how that goes. I'm going to try and see if I can afford to snag a few extra sets so maybe I'll be able to hook you up with one later if you can't make the sale  :thumb:

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 14:03:15 »
:/ I know how that goes. I'm going to try and see if I can afford to snag a few extra sets so maybe I'll be able to hook you up with one later if you can't make the sale  :thumb:

:-*

Moving sucks.  It's taking all my money.

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #58 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 14:53:45 »
I'm going in on 2 ergodox kits late in the buy, make sure you get in on it for the ergo so we can meet MOQ!
I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline kebby

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 10:52:51 »
The base set just tipped, meaning that 60% keyboards with the Orion mods and Polaris planetary pack will get their fix for sure! Let's get the rest tipped as well now.  :thumb:

Offline renne

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 10:58:07 »
the "invisible" kits now show up on the website! Let's make them tipped!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 12:41:50 »
AH! It tipped! I'm so excited! The base idea setup is good to go! Now we just have to show some love to planck/jd40/ergodox...

Updates - I added Purple and Blue space bars, fixed the error on the ISO set, and added a blue "?/" ergodox key per the request of a couple people.

The blue/purple spacebars are pending approval and I will link them when they are up! :D :D :D

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 14:30:45 »
Awesome news! Come on people - order the JD40 set!
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline Funktion

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 15:34:41 »
we need 2 more to buy Deep Space – 100% Kit – Orion for tip! :eek:

first group buy, little excited.

Offline RogueBond007

• Yep, it's still a monkey.
    • Reddit Profile
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 00:31:10 »
Sorry just a quick nooby question. The core alpha kit comes with a spacebar right? (6.25u?) If so, why is there a separate child deal for the same spacebar?

Also, only 5 more for the JD40 child deal to tip!  ;D
Vamilo VA87M (MX Greys Tactile) - Deep Space Keycaps (Orion)
Poker II (MX Clears) - Deep Space Keycaps (Polaris)
Leopold FC660M (MX Clears) - Varmilo White/Mint Front Printed PBT Keycaps
Corsair K65 RGB (MX Reds) - PuLSE TKL with Novelties

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 03:17:41 »
People often buy spare spacebars as they're usually the first caps to go shiny
Black Filco TKL - Stickered, Lubed Reds || Poker w/Plate, Alu Case -  Stickered, Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears || Cherry G80-3700 w/SS Plate - Lubed 65g Ergo-Clears

Offline panrc

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 12:17:14 »
Are ISO users pretty much screwed if the ISO kit doesnt tip?
Do PMK sell single keys including ISO enter in the deep space colors?
Otherwise I guess I need to use the completely wrong ISO enter which would look terrible or sell my set.
I appear to be the only person who has ordered the ISO set, I really like this set too  :'(

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 12:18:43 »
Otherwise I guess I need to use the completely wrong ISO enter which would look terrible or sell my set.
I appear to be the only person who has ordered the ISO set, I really like this set too  :'(

yes

no
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline RogueBond007

• Yep, it's still a monkey.
    • Reddit Profile
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 12:28:52 »
People often buy spare spacebars as they're usually the first caps to go shiny
Ok that makes sense, thank you!

You could maybe try to get a different ISO enter key somewhere else like WASD. And can even get a custom-ish color :)
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/blank-keycap-singles/iso-enter-cherry-mx-keycap.html
Vamilo VA87M (MX Greys Tactile) - Deep Space Keycaps (Orion)
Poker II (MX Clears) - Deep Space Keycaps (Polaris)
Leopold FC660M (MX Clears) - Varmilo White/Mint Front Printed PBT Keycaps
Corsair K65 RGB (MX Reds) - PuLSE TKL with Novelties

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 12:32:48 »

You could maybe try to get a different ISO enter key somewhere else like WASD. And can even get a custom-ish color :)
http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/blank-keycap-singles/iso-enter-cherry-mx-keycap.html

I don't think this is a good idea.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline kebby

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 13:32:33 »

Yeah, I'm not happy about the ISO situation either... I haven't got my order in yet but will be at least adding one order to that. Maybe even more because I would really like it to tip... I don't know how well some other enter would fit regarding height, getting a fitting color would be hard.

I wonder whether the purple in the bro set is the same as in Deep Space because I've got that and I understand the shape is the same as for Deep Space, just that the legend won't match.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 December 2014, 13:38:00 by kebby »

Offline panrc

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 13:43:22 »

yes

no

I don't see 14 extra ISO keys being ordered in the next 12 days, Im so screwed.
Well, I will have Core, Orion mods and Polaris planetary to try and sell if ISO doesn't tip I guess.

Now I'm just left hoping the jd40 set tips or I have no complete and usable sets of keys from this gb.

Yeah, I'm not happy about the ISO situation either... I haven't got my order in yet but will be at least adding one order to that. Maybe even more because I would really like it to tip... I don't know how well some other enter would fit regarding height, getting a fitting color would be hard.

Its comforting knowing i'm not the only one at leased, I would be willing to buy unnecessary extras to tip it, as it stands right now threre is just under $300 (14 keys) worth of ISO keys to tip. Otherwise getting a DSA ISO enter in some shade of grey or just black would be the only passable option, even that would probably be a chalenge.

Hopefully there are ~13 other iso users who havent ordered yet.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #72 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 13:49:54 »

yes

no

I don't see 14 extra ISO keys being ordered in the next 12 days, Im so screwed.
Well, I will have Core, Orion mods and Polaris planetary to try and sell if ISO doesn't tip I guess.

Now I'm just left hoping the jd40 set tips or I have no complete and usable sets of keys from this gb.

Its comforting knowing i'm not the only one at leased, I would be willing to buy unnecessary extras to tip it, as it stands right now threre is just under $300 (14 keys) worth of ISO keys to tip. Otherwise getting a DSA ISO enter in some shade of grey or just black would be the only passable option, even that would probably be a chalenge.

Hopefully there are ~13 other iso users who havent ordered yet.

SP doesn't make DSA iso enters. They are all dcs.

Here's hoping the JD40 kit tips.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 05 December 2014, 13:51:30 »
Sorry just a quick nooby question. The core alpha kit comes with a spacebar right? (6.25u?) If so, why is there a separate child deal for the same spacebar?

Also, only 5 more for the JD40 child deal to tip!  ;D

Yea, the core kit comes with a spacebar. As GeorgeK mentioned, Some people like to order extras though!

I wonder whether the purple in the bro set is the same as in Deep Space because I've got that and I understand the shape is the same as for Deep Space, just that the legend won't match.

Ah, I've asked about the price on the ISO set to try and see why it's so expensive. I've been assured the price is correct and that's just the nature of the beast.

I'm considering only offering the one key instead of both to reduce cost.. but I' not sure which color I should offer or how much it would reduce the cost. As far as I know, no other RDE iso keys are around. the bro set is RDA i believe.

I was pretty shocked to see how expensive that set was for only a few keys.. but maybe ISO is just difficult to produce/requires more plastic than most keys. :(

I'm hoping JD40 makes it.. there's still time for some hope!
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 December 2014, 13:55:46 by Booper »

Offline kebby

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 06:59:31 »
I'm considering only offering the one key instead of both to reduce cost.. but I' not sure which color I should offer or how much it would reduce the cost. As far as I know, no other RDE iso keys are around. the bro set is RDA i believe.

If it lowered the price enough it would certainly make it more realistic. I'm feeling having the purple one would work better, at least in my case where the already tipped blue planetary kit and some bottom row mods looks like enough blue for me.

Offline taylordcraig

Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE - TIPPED!
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 11:07:39 »

yes

no

Can you lower the MOQ to 5 and have the price shoot up some more?
At least let the people who NEED iso be able to buy it for a price. If there are so few SP might be able to work something out. It would be a shame to have a set without an enter...  :rolleyes:

@stache: it's not so cut and dry. I've been in PMK buys where kits didn't tip and paid extra to have it made. It's a case by case basis.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 15:02:46 »

yes

no

Can you lower the MOQ to 5 and have the price shoot up some more?
At least let the people who NEED iso be able to buy it for a price. If there are so few SP might be able to work something out. It would be a shame to have a set without an enter...  :rolleyes:

@stache: it's not so cut and dry. I've been in PMK buys where kits didn't tip and paid extra to have it made. It's a case by case basis.

I've asked for a quote on changing the ISO deal to THIS and setting the moq at 5. If it's reasonable I'll change it. I think the BO color will be easier to get in the future as an ISO key if anyone has to have it, but the RDE hasn't been done before as far as I know. Also, the Orion mods have been the most popular so I figure the Orion 'enter' should be the one to make it if I can only tip 1.

I've also submitted deals for RDE and BO space bars and another "leftovers" pack. I'm waiting to hear back from PMK.. it's been about a week since I submitted the deals so hopefully SP will get to them soon... I understand they are busy and their main customer service rep has been pretty awesome considering she should be out on maternity leave.

Offline taylordcraig

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 16:37:07 »
All hail Melissa.
I really hope they get those spaces and extras pack in though.
Shame if they miss out on a bunch of orders cause they were sitting in limbo over at SP.

Offline jtjoatmon

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 07:56:06 »
Seems like numpads and numpad addons aren't going to tip...
Here's hoping that Techkeys will jump in to save them.

Offline daftendire

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 19:44:03 »
Just put my order through. :thumb:

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 21:33:39 »
Well, I managed to finally sneak a few more child deals in after probably driving Melissa insane.

I found out that I can't really change the current ISO kit as it's 'too late in the game' but I'm afraid it won't tip so I did manage to add a blank ISO ENTER in RDE. MOQ is set at 5 and the price is only $1.78. I thought it would be a lot more expensive based on the price of the full ISO kit or I would have made it contain the BO enter as well. Sorry, there is no shift included in the new deal, but you can pick up a blank!

There are a few RDE space bars published, and I am waiting still to get the blue ones published as well.

Link to blank RDE ISO enter
Link to RDE 6.25u Spacebar
link to RDE 7u Spacebar

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 09:33:39 »
Yes!  The JD40 has tipped :)  If I wanted to add something to my order, do you know how I'd go about doing that?

Offline panrc

« Reply #82 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 17:30:13 »
Yes!  The JD40 has tipped :)  If I wanted to add something to my order, do you know how I'd go about doing that?

I think you just place it as another order.
Also, does the JD40 kit come with the alphas or is it just the mods? I'm assuming just the mods.
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 December 2014, 17:31:51 by panrc »

Offline Skuloth

Re: [GB] DEEP SPACE + keycap giveaway drawing! 1 week left!
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 17:32:46 »

I think you just place it as another order.
Also, does the JD40 kit come with the alphas or is it just the mods? I'm assuming just the mods.

Just the mods.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Jersern

• Australian Keyboard Modding and Repair Service
« Reply #84 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 00:54:55 »
Ordered a kit for a 60% board! I am annoyed that there isn't a small right shift with the 1u fn key option but that isn't too big of an issue for me as I will rewire my board so it has just a big right shift and move the function down to the context menu key.

Offline R1N3

« Reply #85 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 11:16:55 »
Booper, would you consider designing a space ship themed workstation for me to go with this keyset? I can pay you in hot pockets or doritos(not both) and mountain dew. It need only fit under a loft bed so hopefully not too much work.

Offline worldspawn

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 12:34:12 »
Just went in on 2x ergo kits, lets get it tipped!!
I can make acrylic laser cut cases/plates PM for info

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #87 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 12:49:37 »
Booper, would you consider designing a space ship themed workstation for me to go with this keyset? I can pay you in hot pockets or doritos(not both) and mountain dew. It need only fit under a loft bed so hopefully not too much work.

Sorry, I only accept payment in the form of gum!

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 13:05:58 »
Just went in on 2x ergo kits, lets get it tipped!!

That's awesome! Thanks!!! I hope it tips :)

I spent waaay too much time in illustrator last night making layouts.. I did some ergodox too! (not as crisp as the initial rendering, but it gets the point across)

Thanks @BJCubsFan for some cool ergodox layout ideas!

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 13:15:47 »
I can't wait for my JD40 w/ purple plates and deep space caps. It's going to be pretty. I'm still waiting for the orion win addon kit and the planck to tip. I care more about the win addon kit which is weird xD
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #90 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 13:18:52 »
I can't wait for my JD40 w/ purple plates and deep space caps. It's going to be pretty. I'm still waiting for the orion win addon kit and the planck to tip. I care more about the win addon kit which is weird xD

THe blue Win kit only has 1 left to tip! IDK if that's the one you're hoping for. And the planck only has 2 to tip now! I can't wait to see pictures of what people set up :D

Also, Shameless self promotion HERE on reddit. I'm hoping to coax some more ergodoxers out of the woodwork.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 December 2014, 13:23:53 by Booper »

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 13:23:26 »

THe blue Win kit only has 1 left to tip! IDK if that's the one you're hoping for. And the planck only has 2 to tip now! I can't wait to see pictures of what people set up :D

#purpleisbestcolor
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline kebby

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 14:30:03 »

I spent waaay too much time in illustrator last night making layouts.. I did some ergodox too! (not as crisp as the initial rendering, but it gets the point across)

Wow, these are amazing and also very informative. Everyone needs to see them. :)

Offline scubaste

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 14:32:36 »

Also, Shameless self promotion HERE on reddit. I'm hoping to coax some more ergodoxers out of the woodwork.

Wow, these are amazing and also very informative. Everyone needs to see them. :)

Hopefully it has enough visibility over at Reddit to grab a few new people's interest! Great work Booper.
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 December 2014, 14:38:27 by scubaste »

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 15:33:12 »
How do we enter the competition again?  Also, what's the deadline for that?

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #95 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 15:46:34 »

Just PM me!
make sure to PM me with your order confirmation / some proof of purchase to get a better chance at winning. I'll give away more caps to those with proof of purchase.

Chances to enter the drawing will end 24 hours after the sale does (that way last minute buyers still have a chance to PM me)

Offline GeorgeK

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 05:49:19 »

Just PM me!
make sure to PM me with your order confirmation / some proof of purchase to get a better chance at winning. I'll give away more caps to those with proof of purchase.

Chances to enter the drawing will end 24 hours after the sale does (that way last minute buyers still have a chance to PM me)

Will do!  Thanks again for organising this!

Offline ChromiumCola

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 11:53:34 »
OK, I have to ask. I LOVE this set, and wish I could support it as much as possible, but I'm not sure I can foot the extra $40 this month. Can I buy the Planets and the purple modifiers? I have a grey poker, so I was hoping I can use my normal PBTs for the core set. Is that possible?

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #98 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 11:54:59 »
OK, I have to ask. I LOVE this set, and wish I could support it as much as possible, but I'm not sure I can foot the extra $40 this month. Can I buy the Planets and the purple modifiers? I have a grey poker, so I was hoping I can use my normal PBTs for the core set. Is that possible?

It will work but it will be weird. The profile on these keys is MUCH shorter than the stock keycaps of your poker II. If you absolutely cannot pick up the core set, I would recommend buying a blank pbt DSA set from signature plastics for around $20.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline ChromiumCola

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 12:09:53 »
Man, I was so excited when I thought that would work :(