Author Topic: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - Fixed split space plates if you want em.  (Read 73103 times)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
Re: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - Shipping Nov. 30
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 15:02:45 »
Since mine hasn't shipped yet and I'm actually going to be away for the holidays started pretty soon you guys can take your time with it...

Not sure what you're trying to imply with this. The latter half is being shipped this weekend.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 19 December 2019, 22:52:33 »
Kuro/Shiro goes well with carbon fiber top. Featuring a crooked ass spacebar

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: Thu, 19 December 2019, 22:59:03 by DetectiveNio »

Offline Kevadu

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 20 December 2019, 01:09:43 »
Since mine hasn't shipped yet and I'm actually going to be away for the holidays started pretty soon you guys can take your time with it...

Not sure what you're trying to imply with this. The latter half is being shipped this weekend.

I wasn't trying to imply anything?  I mean I'm not going to be home to receive the package for a while so I would actually prefer if you didn't ship it right away.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #153 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 02:14:15 »

I wasn't trying to imply anything?  I mean I'm not going to be home to receive the package for a while so I would actually prefer if you didn't ship it right away.

Gotcha, apologies for being grouchy. I told Belle to hold your order so it won't be sitting unattended if you're not around. Email me at rndkbd@gmail.com when you'll be returning and I can have her send it a few days prior :)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #154 on: Sat, 21 December 2019, 02:15:14 »
Kuro/Shiro goes well with carbon fiber top. Featuring a crooked ass spacebar

Show Image

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Beauty! Split space for Kuro/Shiro only ;)

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 10:24:05 »
The remaining PLA75 kits should have received an invoice for $0 to get a shipping label made. I guess you can say I'm checking the list I made twice.

If anyone is away from Christmas, they can fill out the invoice when they return, I thought it would work best if we double check to make sure everyone knows they have a package arriving since it is the holidays.

I also added a description of the included kit items with each invoice to double check all orders.

I'll send out reminder e-mails after Christmas if I have not heard back from someone.

Overall I think the prints came out pretty well, if anyone wants to post feedback on print quality or opinions, I'm curious to see what people expect from a 3D print vs. how the prints came out.

Everyone should have the proper extras and accessories, but if something does seem to be missing, e-mail me at keyboardbelle at icloud.com and I have some leftovers on hand I can send out as replacements.

I usually print my own designs a little differently - but the PLA75 was an interesting project to see a gasket mount build created.
Thanks!
I ❤️ 3D Printed Cases ⌨️ Keyboardbelle.com ⌨️

Offline Capsy

« Reply #156 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 10:48:43 »
The remaining PLA75 kits should have received an invoice for $0 to get a shipping label made. I guess you can say I'm checking the list I made twice.

If anyone is away from Christmas, they can fill out the invoice when they return, I thought it would work best if we double check to make sure everyone knows they have a package arriving since it is the holidays.

I also added a description of the included kit items with each invoice to double check all orders.

I'll send out reminder e-mails after Christmas if I have not heard back from someone.

Overall I think the prints came out pretty well, if anyone wants to post feedback on print quality or opinions, I'm curious to see what people expect from a 3D print vs. how the prints came out.

Everyone should have the proper extras and accessories, but if something does seem to be missing, e-mail me at keyboardbelle at icloud.com and I have some leftovers on hand I can send out as replacements.

I usually print my own designs a little differently - but the PLA75 was an interesting project to see a gasket mount build created.
Thanks!
Haven't received an invoice. Dropped a PM.

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 16:06:51 »
Invoice sent, sorry about that.

I just dropped off a batch of packages at the post office.

I'm reprinting three tops just to get a slightly better quality - so the rest should ship the day after Christmas - I'll try to keep everyone updated via email. We have guests for the holidays, so I'll try to recheck the thread the 26th.

Thanks!

Offline Capsy

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 23 December 2019, 16:08:06 »
Invoice sent, sorry about that.

I just dropped off a batch of packages at the post office.

I'm reprinting three tops just to get a slightly better quality - so the rest should ship the day after Christmas - I'll try to keep everyone updated via email. We have guests for the holidays, so I'll try to recheck the thread the 26th.

Thanks!
Thank you for the prompt communication.

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 16:36:23 »
all remaining $0 "invoices" have been sent out, so there are about four more left to send

If anyone is missing something or needs something extra, e-mail me at keyboardbelle@icloud.com and I can send a small padded envelope with spare widgets.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 19:55:03 »
How are we supposed to mount the board? The screws don't seem to go through the holes from the bottom...
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 December 2019, 20:19:38 by TieuNgu »

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 21:59:14 »
How are we supposed to mount the board? The screws don't seem to go through the holes from the bottom...

I'm not sure what you mean? Are the holes too tight and the caps for the screw heads don't pass though? I'd recommend getting a drill bit and just loosening them up a bit, but I'm pretty sure belle checked them all before they went out. Would you mind posting a picture and we can get you sorted? Don't panic, worst case scenario you end up getting a new bottom case on me.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 28 December 2019, 22:50:01 »
https://imgur.com/a/TTBPRMO

This is what I meant... Yea the holes were too tight I don't think the drill bit would help. Kinda sad since this is literally the last step then I could've enjoyed the board :(

Also, are we supposed to remove the plastic films covering the top and bottom pieces? I tried but it seems impossible to remove them.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 December 2019, 23:22:53 by TieuNgu »

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #163 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 00:38:08 »
https://imgur.com/a/TTBPRMO

This is what I meant... Yea the holes were too tight I don't think the drill bit would help. Kinda sad since this is literally the last step then I could've enjoyed the board :(

Also, are we supposed to remove the plastic films covering the top and bottom pieces? I tried but it seems impossible to remove them.

Plastic film? I'm not aware that there was any. I'll check with Belle about a solution/replacement. Hold tight.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 00:54:44 »
Yea please keep me posted.

About plastic film, I meant the glossy layer that looks like tape on top of the top / bottom pieces.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #165 on: Sun, 29 December 2019, 13:02:46 »
Yea please keep me posted.

About plastic film, I meant the glossy layer that looks like tape on top of the top / bottom pieces.

That's the first layer! The filament smushes against the smooth bed and makes that glass like surface, it's not plastic :p

Offline thecezar

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 20:42:51 »
The screws I got are way too short. The ones in front don't reach the nut and the backs aren't even half way to the nut.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 22:30:26 »
The screws I got are way too short. The ones in front don't reach the nut and the backs aren't even half way to the nut.

They're long enough. You might have some crud in the holes, so take a small screwdriver and clear it out. You've also gotta squish the case together when assembling, as the screws don't have much leeway, but they will catch and thread.

Offline thecezar

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 22:45:47 »

They're long enough. You might have some crud in the holes, so take a small screwdriver and clear it out. You've also gotta squish the case together when assembling, as the screws don't have much leeway, but they will catch and thread.

Is the bottom part you suppose to put the allen wrench in suppose to go up more? Mine only goes in a bit.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 30 December 2019, 23:07:20 »

For my case, even though I tried to expand the hole a little bit the screws only went it a little further. I think something went wrong with the dimensions while printing the bottom because I don't think they are supposed to be this tight...

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 14:25:07 »

For my case, even though I tried to expand the hole a little bit the screws only went it a little further. I think something went wrong with the dimensions while printing the bottom because I don't think they are supposed to be this tight...

I'll have keyboardbelle email you about getting a new one to you since you're in the US. In the meantime I would try tapping them in with a punch and hammer - the plastic is really strong, so might as well give it a go. Sorry for the issues, yours must have slipped by.

« Last Edit: Tue, 31 December 2019, 14:27:51 by ReDsNoTDeAd »

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 19:58:20 »

I'll have keyboardbelle email you about getting a new one to you since you're in the US. In the meantime I would try tapping them in with a punch and hammer - the plastic is really strong, so might as well give it a go. Sorry for the issues, yours must have slipped by.

Show Image

After using a screwdriver to scrape the holes off a little bit, and screw the screws in with excessive force, all of them have gone in now. I don't think it should be this hard, so for future run maybe you should consider leaving some extra room for the screw holes. All good for me now. I'll reply to Belle's email.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 31 December 2019, 20:08:09 »
My board btw. Built w/ lubed gateron giants. Sounds really nice, has a nice thock and lower pitch than my other acrylic build.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 04:31:20 »
My board btw. Built w/ lubed gateron giants. Sounds really nice, has a nice thock and lower pitch than my other acrylic build.

Show Image

Show Image

Looks excellent. Apologies again for the troubles and I'm glad you got it worked out. I leave a good 0.5-0.8 mm of clearance for cap screws, but sometimes a printer will overextrude the filament and make holes smaller than they should be, hence the generous tolerance. For future cases I may consider getting a screw that's very close to a nominal drill size, so that people can ream the last couple thousand out of the hole if needed as a backup in case some slip through QC ;)

Offline Seoulcialite

• MechSeoul
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 10:31:58 »
A few diodes on the PCB seemed to have fallen off during shipping. I was able to find some in the air cap bag but not all. Good thing I had some extra SMD diodes left over from a previous build and got the PCB working 100%. Anyways, I always wanted to make a sticker bomb build and I thought PLA75 would be perfect for it when I first saw it. So here it is:

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 11:11:46 »

Show Image

Show Image

Looks excellent. Apologies again for the troubles and I'm glad you got it worked out. I leave a good 0.5-0.8 mm of clearance for cap screws, but sometimes a printer will overextrude the filament and make holes smaller than they should be, hence the generous tolerance. For future cases I may consider getting a screw that's very close to a nominal drill size, so that people can ream the last couple thousand out of the hole if needed as a backup in case some slip through QC ;)

I sent you a message about possibly buying an extra translucent top. Let me know if that's possible.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 15:16:44 »
A few diodes on the PCB seemed to have fallen off during shipping. I was able to find some in the air cap bag but not all. Good thing I had some extra SMD diodes left over from a previous build and got the PCB working 100%. Anyways, I always wanted to make a sticker bomb build and I thought PLA75 would be perfect for it when I first saw it. So here it is:

Show Image

Glad you were able to get it fixed up! Apologies for that. That case looks amazing - I'm stealing this for my Instagram if you don't mind.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 18:40:50 »
I have an extra rounded red translucent top that's free if anyone is willing to pay shipping. Hit me up in discord Pera#0454

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 19:56:08 »

Show Image

First, this looks awesome. Sticker bombing + 3D prints go together well. Also, I have no idea what they do with packages during shipping to make components fall off, glad to see you got it fixed. I tried to put the PCB inside the case itself and inside bubble wrap to keep it secure. I wonder if customs messed with it somehow?

Offline Seoulcialite

• MechSeoul
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 20:08:32 »
Glad you were able to get it fixed up! Apologies for that. That case looks amazing - I'm stealing this for my Instagram if you don't mind.

Don't mind at all!

Offline Seoulcialite

• MechSeoul
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 20:21:35 »
First, this looks awesome. Sticker bombing + 3D prints go together well. Also, I have no idea what they do with packages during shipping to make components fall off, glad to see you got it fixed. I tried to put the PCB inside the case itself and inside bubble wrap to keep it secure. I wonder if customs messed with it somehow?

The box tape was still intact so it doesn't look like customs messed with it. However, the package did seem to sit somewhere for 3 weeks after it entered the country. The issue isn't unheard of as PCBs from KBDfans don't always have the best soldering job. Also, I wasn't too worried as I was confident that I'd be able to fix it. Anyways, I've built it with tactile T1 switches and MK Ultra foam. The typing sound is wonderful!

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 01 January 2020, 20:37:49 »
The 3D printed cases do tend to have a great typing sound. I think the infill creates pockets or something that makes them sound more solid.

I've got the Cadette cases on my site now and they sound really nice too.

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #182 on: Mon, 06 January 2020, 19:14:57 »
Everything is shipped out. Feel free to contact me with questions etc.

We've got a few extras, so I'll put a form up in the next few days for that.

Offline iJeeSung

[GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - 100% shipped!
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 01:54:52 »
Curious. Do you have RGB LEDs placed on the sides of your PCB? I do believe my PLA75 lighting is much dimmer than yours.
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 January 2020, 02:00:07 by iJeeSung »

Offline EMC Labs

Re: [GB] PLA75 Gasket Mount 75% - 100% shipped!
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 07:09:23 »
Curious. Do you have RGB LEDs placed on the sides of your PCB? I do believe my PLA75 lighting is much dimmer than yours.

Side of PCB? Haven't seen that happen before.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 07:18:49 »

PLA75 uses kbd75 PCB. There are 16 LEDs on the bottom.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 10:50:06 »

PLA75 uses kbd75 PCB. There are 16 LEDs on the bottom.

No extra lights. I did tinker with the ISO setting on my DSLR before I took some pictures, but you should still get a healthy glow when the lights are off.

Ensure the power of the lights are turned all the way up, please reference the kbd75 documentation on kbdfans.com to find the key combo.

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 11:08:48 »
I've received my PLA75 about a week ago.

Transparent bottom is okay, carbon top looks great (mine is prettier than on your photos), teal top looks nice and it is much better than I've expected after the printing problems (it has two small flaws only, but it was my choice to keep this color). Two front screw holes are okay, one front and three back screw holes will need some work when I'll assemble the keyboard (which will happen about a month later).

Thanks for the GB!

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 12:55:05 »
I've received my PLA75 about a week ago.

Transparent bottom is okay, carbon top looks great (mine is prettier than on your photos), teal top looks nice and it is much better than I've expected after the printing problems (it has two small flaws only, but it was my choice to keep this color). Two front screw holes are okay, one front and three back screw holes will need some work when I'll assemble the keyboard (which will happen about a month later).

Thanks for the GB!

Thanks for the feedback! Are the holes a little tight? I'd try a round file, or a very gentle Dremel or drill bit.

This has been a great learning experience, as the printer you prototype on is not the same as production printers, and 3D printers like to make holes smaller than they should be (even if you oversized the **** out of it  :p)

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 13:21:35 »
Are the holes a little tight? I'd try a round file, or a very gentle Dremel or drill bit.
Yes, they are, screw heads stuck at half way down. I think I'll use drill bit and a needle file. Dremel and be very gentle? No way :)

I also have to file one of the washer pockets, just only 0.1-0.2 mm for proper alignment, 11 of 12 are perfect of them and the remaining one is also almost.

Offline sareth324

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 20:02:17 »
1st time with gaskets. It it just simply just cutting the rubber to the size of the cutouts and screwing the case together?

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #191 on: Tue, 07 January 2020, 21:24:51 »
1st time with gaskets. It it just simply just cutting the rubber to the size of the cutouts and screwing the case together?

You got it. You've gotta apply a decent force (squeezing the top and bottom together) to get everything to squish together when screwing.

Offline lurkcobain

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 09:39:35 »
Been driving this thing for almost a week now and I have to say, it's my favorite board. Spring oiled but otherwise stock Gateron yellows, a filmed/lubed/oiled Cream for spacebar, and C3 stabs lubed with 129. I don't own a good mic/camera, but I do have access to some if anyone is interested to hear how it sounds. For now, here are some pictures :D :

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #193 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 11:10:24 »
Been driving this thing for almost a week now and I have to say, it's my favorite board. Spring oiled but otherwise stock Gateron yellows, a filmed/lubed/oiled Cream for spacebar, and C3 stabs lubed with 129. I don't own a good mic/camera, but I do have access to some if anyone is interested to hear how it sounds. For now, here are some pictures :D :

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

I'd love a sound test if you're able to make one! The board looks great btw.

Offline lurkcobain

« Reply #194 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 18:53:06 »

Show Image
Show Image

Show Image

I'd love a sound test if you're able to make one! The board looks great btw.

https://soundcloud.com/gangstuhrap/pla75-sound-test/s-g0R8k
Finished the sound test, it's a little long but it has a typing test and modifier sound test.
Also apologies if the quality isn't good.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 21:38:16 »

Show Image

Show Image

I'm having the same problems with my bottom casing. None of the 6 screws will make it past the initial threshold. I've tried filing it to no avail. It looks like the hole gets narrower as it gets closer to the final threshold.

Offline keyboardbelle

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 08:45:10 »
E-mail me at keyboardbelle@icloud.com and I'll see if I can send you another lower.

I don't think I have any more of the silver screws left though.

Offline TieuNgu

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 22:28:53 »

clear top that I got from Belle :)

Offline ReDsNoTDeAd

• RNDKBD
« Reply #198 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 23:50:41 »
Show Image

clear top that I got from Belle :)

Lovely! Stealing this for the gram. The brick looks sick!

Offline Oni74

« Reply #199 on: Sun, 19 January 2020, 23:44:17 »
I finally got my PLA75 built with T1s, MKUltra foam, and C3 stabs (Thanks, Keyboardbelle, for sending me the replacement bottom!)

What made this build very different from my previous builds is that I made use of MKUltra's foam for KBD75 PCB to dampen the noise. Although T1s are not as clacky as HPs, I really wanted to try building a board with properly cut foam, and PLA75 was an ideal choice since it uses a PCB with pre-existing foam from MKUltra. I did have to trim down the edges of the foam to fit PLA75 case but that was a straight-cut with minimal time requirement. I will record and post a typing video on YT at some point.