Author Topic: need some help finding this keycap set  (Read 1918 times)

Offline TopreFan333

need some help finding this keycap set
« on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 13:28:10 »
(Apologies if this is in the wrong sub-forum but I didn't have permission to post in many of the Marketplace sub-forums.)

OK, I'm a bit of a "n00b" here but have been trolling around looking for key cap sets to dress up the Keyed Up Labs keyboard I just bought and love.

I stumbled across this and absolutely love it: http://keypuller.com/round-1/. To be specific, I like the color a lot, the large key legends, and I especially dig the way that the commands are written out in full. In short, its perfect and I want to buy it—but since it's apparently a custom group buy that happened a while ago, I can't.

My questions:

1. Can someone point me to an available set of caps that look a lot like this, noting what I said above? My keyboard has more keys than this, but I'd be satisfied with just the keys shown above in a pinch.

2. Can anyone point me in the right direction toward someone selling this exact set? Or maybe that's unrealistic given that (apparently) only 60 sets were made.

3. When keeping an eye out on this site for key caps like this, what terms best describe it? You guys are probably used to it, but there's a lot of specialized terminology floating around and without pictures I'm often not sure what people are talking about when they describe key sets without pictures.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Offline fknraiden

Re: need some help finding this keycap set
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 13:52:14 »
Not sure about where to find. Maybe someone has a set they aren't using. But it'd most likely be listed as "sp dsa dolch"

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 14:16:55 »
Look for dolch sets. You'll probably find one you like.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 14:24:21 »
Description doesn't match the image. Those are SP DCS Dolch with text mods. A GB for a better quality version of the Dolch set is currently in the production stage GMK Cherry profile Dolch, but it doesn't have the text mods, only Control is written out.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 16:00:31 »
Guy above is right. They're DCS, not DSA. These came from the group buy known as Round 1. Finding those may be a little difficult. There was also a second running of them during either Round 3 or 4, I can't recall exactly which. But you'll most likely have a better chance of finding one of those sets.

Your best bet is meeting the criteria to post on the classifieds and post a want to buy thread.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 19:59:09 »
Guy above is right. They're DCS, not DSA. These came from the group buy known as Round 1. Finding those may be a little difficult. There was also a second running of them during either Round 3 or 4, I can't recall exactly which. But you'll most likely have a better chance of finding one of those sets.

Your best bet is meeting the criteria to post on the classifieds and post a want to buy thread.

2nd run was R3
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 20 September 2014, 00:32:47 »
There is GMK Dolch GB.

There is also Tai Hao Dolch GB.

Although ordering has closed for both of them, there are usually a few people who are looking to off-load their order, and you can sometimes find a few sets in classifieds once they are delivered.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 10:17:47 »
Thanks everybody, but it seems like everyone is focusing on the *color*. I care about that somewhat but really what I dig about the original set I posted is the large type on the keys and the way the modifiers are all spelled out. The color is nice too.

Anyway, thanks all, I'll keep looking around I guess.

Offline Matt3o

• -[°_°]-
  • ** Robot Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 10:35:08 »
Description doesn't match the image. Those are SP DCS Dolch with text mods. A GB for a better quality version of the Dolch set is currently in the production stage GMK Cherry profile Dolch, but it doesn't have the text mods, only Control is written out.

rectified! DSA was an error, sorry about that.

if you spot other errors please let me know (and if anyone is willing to help.......)

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 10:42:30 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2015, 10:32:33 by esoomenona »

Offline TopreFan333

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 02 October 2014, 10:53:27 »
Again, as I said, and was helped by TacticalStache, the set will be called Round 1 or Round 3, and when accompanied by the picture and noting the text modifiers, you'll be fine. Again, meet the requirements to post on the classifieds. That is literally your best bet at finding a set. 2 months and 25 posts. Need 10 more posts and half a month more.

Thanks much — I'll post there once I hit the requirements.