Author Topic: [GB] GMK Olivia | Shipping now-ish!  (Read 109329 times)

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
Re: [GB] GMK Olivia
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 17:28:30 »
Saw a lamp that looked familiar.

Show Image

Speaking of lamps and all things rose gold: I've been dreaming of rose-gold toned (non-RGB) LED color for years now.  There's basically nothing on the market which provides that color temperature.  Would be a most excellent complement for this set or in general. 
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline romeo

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 09:27:25 »
looks good on rama 60

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 11:35:32 »
Saw a lamp that looked familiar.

Show Image

Speaking of lamps and all things rose gold: I've been dreaming of rose-gold toned (non-RGB) LED color for years now.  There's basically nothing on the market which provides that color temperature.  Would be a most excellent complement for this set or in general.

will bother my LED guy
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline olivia

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 13 April 2018, 19:58:43 »
Happy Friday everyone :) We've sold 155 base and 65 extras! With 15 days left, I think we're doing great!

Offline 40keyless

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 08:46:12 »
HYPE

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 10:05:01 »
Happy Friday everyone :) We've sold 155 base and 65 extras! With 15 days left, I think we're doing great!

I've had my doubts, but the pace has kept up!! With vendor support, it's basically there already :))

I hope I can join and get my **** together before it ends.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 10:55:53 »

I've had my doubts, but the pace has kept up!! With vendor support, it's basically there already :))

Yea basically with the vendors purchasing we are easily at 200. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 10:59:17 »

Yea basically with the vendors purchasing we are easily at 200. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exciting
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 14 April 2018, 11:23:52 »
Glad to hear this set's ordering progress is moving along well! 

Offline SwordLaker

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 07:46:42 »
What are the miraculous odds that the extra kit will meet the MOQ?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 08:27:15 »
What are the miraculous odds that the extra kit will meet the MOQ?

I’m doing everything I can to make it hit. I’m planning on purchasing a good amount of the extras so that we can hit MOQ. Obviously I can’t buy 150 sets myself, but I also am working on some other ideas to get this going.

If I get any updates, I’ll let you all know right away.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 15 April 2018, 22:09:58 »
I will definitely be ordering!

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 19:21:13 »
My M65-a and I are ready (complete with DIY "rose gold" LEDs)

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:23:25 »

Show Image

I'm usually not a fan of LEDs, but that looks pretty great.

Offline olivia

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:25:18 »

Show Image

OMG, I love the LED color, how did you tint it?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:40:08 »

Show Image

I considered the peachy pink tint for a while and decided to experiment with neutral and warm white LEDs + translucent spray paint.  I used to spray paint random stuff a lot and still have Duplicolor Metalcast cans in red and blue.  The best result ended up being warm white LED with a veil of blue and then red over it (I use a little LED tester to check results).  I then stuck a keyboard’s worth of LEDs into a foam roll (need to make sure to cover the metal legs) and sprayed the LEDs with Duplicolor Adhesion promoter transparent primer.  After a couple of minutes I followed with an even mist of Metalcast Blue and the Metalscast Red.  The LEDs are seated inside Kailh BOX (Hako True, appropriately pink), thus they are protected from accidental scratches of the painted coat.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/photoelectric_effect/sets/72157692549534402

There is Metalcast Purple, which I don’t have—it might be an easier shortcut to achieve the same effect.  I can’t confirm, since I haven’t tested it.  I used more red than blue.  It’s been a long day of modding and slow assembly, and I plan to take more detailed photos tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 April 2018, 21:50:40 by Photoelectric »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 16 April 2018, 22:10:22 »

Show Image

I considered the peachy pink tint for a while and decided to experiment with neutral and warm white LEDs + translucent spray paint.  I used to spray paint random stuff a lot and still have Duplicolor Metalcast cans in red and blue.  The best result ended up being warm white LED with a veil of blue and then red over it (I use a little LED tester to check results).  I then stuck a keyboard’s worth of LEDs into a foam roll (need to make sure to cover the metal legs) and sprayed the LEDs with Duplicolor Adhesion promoter transparent primer.  After a couple of minutes I followed with an even mist of Metalcast Blue and the Metalscast Red.  The LEDs are seated inside Kailh BOX (Hako True, appropriately pink), thus they are protected from accidental scratches of the painted coat.

There is Metalcast Purple, which I don’t have—it might be an easier shortcut to achieve the same effect.  I can’t confirm, since I haven’t tested it.  I used more red than blue.  It’s been a long day of modding and slow assembly, and I plan to take more detailed photos tomorrow.

photoe does some wild **** with paint

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 08:01:19 »

Show Image

Every day I am more and more impressed with your DIY abilities and skills. This is amazing and your dedication shows. Nice work, Photoelectric.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 09:17:26 »

this is so cool!  You have the exact setup I do - m65a, champagne,  hako trues, (but no LEDs cause I'm not handy).  Looks like I made a good color choice.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 10:04:41 »
Mine’s rose gold.  Unless you meant pink champagne.  The yellow gold one is nice too.

Offline foxfluff

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 14:03:14 »
Has there been any word on the aluminum caps regarding MOQ?

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 15:33:21 »
Has there been any word on the aluminum caps regarding MOQ?

The RAMA keycaps have all hit MOQ. :)

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 16:03:12 »
Mine’s rose gold.  Unless you meant pink champagne.  The yellow gold one is nice too.

it's the same one, I might have the color name wrong.  hako trues are nice with it.. I"m glad they are the pink color that they are.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 17 April 2018, 23:11:18 »
I did some more renders of the set, super excited to get mine  :-*

Show Image

Goddamn that is awesome man!! Amazing build  :eek:
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 00:03:41 »

These are much closer to the real Dusk sample than your Instagram posts :P

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 01:00:54 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Goddamn that is awesome man!! Amazing build  :eek:

this is a good color

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:13:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

So nice.  If only I could deal with the lack of arrow keys, I’d be planning to get that exact combination (not that my wallet is not thanking me).  Too used to dedicated arrow keys for photo editing.  ...Although I’ve been thinking of a custom key-mapped mini keypad for that purpose instead.

Offline olivia

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 09:32:48 »

Show Image

Show Image

So nice.  If only I could deal with the lack of arrow keys, I’d be planning to get that exact combination (not that my wallet is not thanking me).  Too used to dedicated arrow keys for photo editing.  ...Although I’ve been thinking of a custom key-mapped mini keypad for that purpose instead.

Maybe a rose gold M6-A?  :)) :)) :))

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:27:22 »

Show Image

Show Image

this is keyboards, photoe

just get it anyway, take a few pictures, and then leave it in a closet or sell it

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 12:30:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

this is keyboards, photoe

just get it anyway, take a few pictures, and then leave it in a closet or sell it
Puddsy, please don't promote such sacrilege.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 13:26:04 »
Haha! I'm basically locking my wallet for any more keyboards for a while. It doesn't help having more than one (or even two) hobbies to spend money on. And I actually feel bad when I have things sitting unused.  With that said I do enjoy looking at other people's pretty pictures of nice keyboards and accessories.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 18 April 2018, 18:42:52 »
I should have posted this earlier. Deskpads are up for GB. https://novelkeys.xyz/collections/group-buys/products/olivia-deskpad-gb

They will run until the end of GMK Olivia’s GB.

I’m gathering some updated numbers from all the proxies.

Offline SwordLaker

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 07:12:42 »
Still waiting for update on the extra kit's survival.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 08:56:55 »
Still waiting for update on the extra kit's survival.

I do have a good news regarding the extras! I still need to talk to some of the proxies about the details, but the MOQ has been lowered to 100!

At this point, it is almost safe to say that both kits have hit MOQ. :)

I hope to have fully updated numbers by Monday.

Offline Hutch

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 11:18:14 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 11:19:47 »

Offline Hutch

« Reply #86 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 11:29:02 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #87 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 11:36:54 »

Offline scud80

« Reply #88 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 12:01:33 »
i'm in on this GB (with extras, ramas, and desk pads).  how difficult/expensive would it be to get a custom colored split aluminum case?  i haven't seen any cases like that so i'm guessing it's prohibitive.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #89 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 12:12:50 »
i'm in on this GB (with extras, ramas, and desk pads).  how difficult/expensive would it be to get a custom colored split aluminum case?  i haven't seen any cases like that so i'm guessing it's prohibitive.

could always buy a VE.A or something and have it reanodized/powdercoated

but it's not cheap

Offline scud80

« Reply #90 on: Sat, 21 April 2018, 12:34:13 »
hadn't heard of that ... thx.  though it looks like it's staggered, and i use ortho now.  guess i have some research to do.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 April 2018, 09:50:30 by scud80 »

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 07:13:57 »
So from the looks of it, we have basically hit MOQ!

Updated numbers
Base - 206
Extras - 81

The proxies combined are buying enough to bring everything else to MOQ! :) We have 5 days left on this! Make sure to join if you want to have the GB pricing on this.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 23 April 2018, 07:35:04 »

Updated numbers
Base - 206
Extras - 81

The proxies combined are buying enough to bring everything else to MOQ! :) We have 5 days left on this! Make sure to join if you want to have the GB pricing on this.

Brilliant news! :)

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 13:21:50 »
Totally in on this.  Super excited for this set.
Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 14:19:41 »

Updated numbers
Base - 206
Extras - 81

Will you have extras for retail pricing? 

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 14:40:02 »
Will you have extras for retail pricing?

Yes I will. Havent figured out pricing for the extras yet, though.

Also 1 day left! MOQ has been hit! Woot.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 27 April 2018, 14:40:44 »

Show Image

Holy-...man...I'm speechless because that looks absolutely amazing!
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline SwordLaker

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 01:40:38 »
Can I have the confirmation that the extra kit has met the MOQ before it's too late?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 07:02:00 »
Can I have the confirmation that the extra kit has met the MOQ before it's too late?

From above:

Updated numbers
Base - 206
Extras - 81

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 28 April 2018, 08:53:40 »

Yea, definitely hit MOQ for both kits.