Author Topic: [GB] TGR-910 CE - 100% Completed.  (Read 257754 times)

Offline tomatoboy

Re: [GB] TGR-910 CE - 75% Completed
« Reply #650 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 03:35:15 »
All these "pen pushing" damage reminds me of renewing my credit card when the bank changes their terms. I had to go to the bank when my card can no longer be used and then replaced me a new one but I have to give the old one to them. They punch holes to the old one and threw them in the bin.

Back to topic. Maybe those hole punches is their clearance signal before shipping out? Changing different courier company could solve it since different people will handle it. Or the cheap way, you could make a clay around the case and wait for it to be hardened before shipping out but I'm not sure how different customs from around the world handle it.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 March 2018, 03:36:49 by tomatoboy »

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #651 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 06:50:57 »
All these "pen pushing" damage reminds me of renewing my credit card when the bank changes their terms. I had to go to the bank when my card can no longer be used and then replaced me a new one but I have to give the old one to them. They punch holes to the old one and threw them in the bin.

Back to topic. Maybe those hole punches is their clearance signal before shipping out? Changing different courier company could solve it since different people will handle it. Or the cheap way, you could make a clay around the case and wait for it to be hardened before shipping out but I'm not sure how different customs from around the world handle it.  :thumb:

If part of a courier company's official process is to jam a sharp metal object into every package they handle I can't imagine that company would survive very long.

Offline tomatoboy

« Reply #652 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 09:14:00 »

If part of a courier company's official process is to jam a sharp metal object into every package they handle I can't imagine that company would survive very long.

I guess hole in a package is a normal thing now since there are lots of similar complaints, it could be a sharp stamping machine they used to validate as "safe". I couldn't imagine using their own hands to stab it that hard piercing through the box and onto the valuable goods.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #653 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 09:15:51 »

I guess hole in a package is a normal thing now since there are lots of similar complaints, it could be a sharp stamping machine they used to validate as "safe". I couldn't imagine using their own hands to stab it that hard piercing through the box and onto the valuable goods.

You have yet to experience the horrors of international shipping and UPS

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #654 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 09:22:36 »

It's not hard to stab through cardboard and bubble wrap with a metal spike using your hand. There's a lot of packing around the item inside the box, this theoretical stamping machine would need to pierce several inches into the package to damage a keyboard. There's just no way that a courier service is gonna incorporate something like that into their process. It would be insane.

Offline Pragmatizm

« Reply #655 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 12:50:59 »
Heys ive run into an issue with the PCB. I went to install LEDs today and go the "USB device not recognized" went into device manager and it shows "device has reported problems (Code 43)". Normally this would be a driver issue or hardware issues. Prior to installing leds everything was working fine, had been using the keyboard all week. What is the default key to force it to boot only the bootloader without loading the firmware, so I can reflash it? Also has anyone installed LEDs on theirs yet? If so any issues? Im using warm white leds (https://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/partsmenu/596), with sip sockets.

Offline Pragmatizm

« Reply #656 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 14:31:10 »
Heys ive run into an issue with the PCB. I went to install LEDs today and go the "USB device not recognized" went into device manager and it shows "device has reported problems (Code 43)". Normally this would be a driver issue or hardware issues. Prior to installing leds everything was working fine, had been using the keyboard all week. What is the default key to force it to boot only the bootloader without loading the firmware, so I can reflash it? Also has anyone installed LEDs on theirs yet? If so any issues? Im using warm white leds (https://shop.evilmadscientist.com/productsmenu/partsmenu/596), with sip sockets.
UPDATE: I jumped the fw_jp points on the PCB and placed an led on the caps lock. LED flashed so the pcb works fine. Would someone be willing to send me a hex to load. Like an idiot I did not make a copy of mine before all this happened.

Offline yohanskee

• * Maker
  • There is no escape from enemy who lives within
    • Alpha Keycaps Instagram
« Reply #657 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 04:47:45 »
Finally assembled, best keyboard I ever have!

191333-0
TGR 910 CE | Singa R1 | HHKB Pro 2 | IBM Model M

Alpha Keycaps - Making Stuff Thread
Alpha Keycaps - Sale Thread

Offline Sissy

« Reply #658 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 09:34:54 »

(Attachment Link)
Hot damn 👌🏻

Also how we looking for time on replacement parts?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #659 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 09:15:10 »
The balance will all be dropped off tmr. I am afraid a few more of the re-worked units might need to wait for another week. There's still some unacceptable flaws when i was there to inspect today.

As for dented orders, I am waiting for the courier to respond to decide on the ways forward. I have enough on hand now to replace the more severe ones.

email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #660 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 09:16:40 »

(Attachment Link)
Hot damn 👌🏻

Also how we looking for time on replacement parts?
I sent an additional bottom to be re-anodised to purple for you.

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #661 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 19:57:01 »
Has anyone managed to get the RGB underglow working? I soldered on the chip and the one RGB LED that goes right below the logo cutout. I think I did a good enough job but tiny SMD components are a bit iffy to get on right. I'm pretty sure I soldered them with the right orientation. I enabled RGB in the bootmapper client but nothing happens.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #662 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:15:39 »
Has anyone managed to get the RGB underglow working? I soldered on the chip and the one RGB LED that goes right below the logo cutout. I think I did a good enough job but tiny SMD components are a bit iffy to get on right. I'm pretty sure I soldered them with the right orientation. I enabled RGB in the bootmapper client but nothing happens.
Hi, can you take a picture of the PCB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My collection

More

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #663 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:35:22 »

Here are a few that don't suck too much, unlike my soldering skills. https://imgur.com/a/ayPKw Looking at the photo with zoom, I guess I could try doing a better job, but the pins looks like they are all connected. In case you can't see in the photo, the chip's dot is in the upper left and the RGB LED's marked corner is in the upper right.

Thanks for taking a look Yuktsi. First time doing any SMD work and using bootmapper.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #664 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:46:01 »

Here are a few that don't suck too much, unlike my soldering skills. https://imgur.com/a/ayPKw Looking at the photo with zoom, I guess I could try doing a better job, but the pins looks like they are all connected. In case you can't see in the photo, the chip's dot is in the upper left and the RGB LED's marked corner is in the upper right.

Thanks for taking a look Yuktsi. First time doing any SMD work and using bootmapper.

If the 8-pin is the rgb microcontroller then the judging by the fourth pic you might have messed up a trace, but what is more likely judging by the second pic is that a little bit of your solder blob is touching the blob from another pin and shorting out or something
I don't solder keebs in particular so afaik it's the second problem I listed which is very common

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #665 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 22:42:35 »

If the 8-pin is the rgb microcontroller then the judging by the fourth pic you might have messed up a trace, but what is more likely judging by the second pic is that a little bit of your solder blob is touching the blob from another pin and shorting out or something
I don't solder keebs in particular so afaik it's the second problem I listed which is very common

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to clean up the RGB microcontroller as best I could, making sure none of the pins were connected with a random solder bridge. Using a 3x lens it looked alright. I added another LED to be sure it wasn't that but it didn't work either. So either the microcontroller is still messed up or I am using the software incorrectly. It shouldn't matter how many LEDs are soldered, it's not like I need to add all of them for it to work right?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 22:56:44 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried to clean up the RGB microcontroller as best I could, making sure none of the pins were connected with a random solder bridge. Using a 3x lens it looked alright. I added another LED to be sure it wasn't that but it didn't work either. So either the microcontroller is still messed up or I am using the software incorrectly. It shouldn't matter how many LEDs are soldered, it's not like I need to add all of them for it to work right?

I cant speak to this pcb, but in my past i have ran into issues with the leds.  The TX1800 has to have the complete circuit in order to function.  So it may be worth checking over the rest of the leds and making sure there arent any issues. 

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #667 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 23:28:23 »
I cant speak to this pcb, but in my past i have ran into issues with the leds.  The TX1800 has to have the complete circuit in order to function.  So it may be worth checking over the rest of the leds and making sure there arent any issues.

Interesting, I didn't consider that it would require a complete circuit to work. I was hoping it would work with just one so that I wouldn't waste time if I couldn't figure it out. I can try soldering the rest of the LEDs and see if that fixes it.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #668 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 23:39:37 »

Interesting, I didn't consider that it would require a complete circuit to work. I was hoping it would work with just one so that I wouldn't waste time if I couldn't figure it out. I can try soldering the rest of the LEDs and see if that fixes it.

I could be wrong, idk how the pcb is designed.  But if you have the time and components it may be worth a shot.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #669 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 03:50:19 »

Hi there, the RGB LEDs are all connected in a series circuit. The LED that you soldered won't light up until all the LEDs before it is soldered. The first LEDs is located under the "7&" key, and the rest goes in clock-wise.

Thanks.

My collection

More

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #670 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 06:07:31 »
You could technically bridge the data pads of the LEDs before that. Though keep in mind you'd address it as the first and only LED then.

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #671 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 20:14:14 »

Hi there, the RGB LEDs are all connected in a series circuit. The LED that you soldered won't light up until all the LEDs before it is soldered. The first LEDs is located under the "7&" key, and the rest goes in clock-wise.

Thanks.

That worked! I soldered the RGB LED under the 7 key and when I plugged it in it lit up using the color I set in bootmapper. Looks like I know what I'll be doing the rest of tonight :) Thanks again.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #672 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 21:10:07 »

Thanks.

That worked! I soldered the RGB LED under the 7 key and when I plugged it in it lit up using the color I set in bootmapper. Looks like I know what I'll be doing the rest of tonight :) Thanks again.

Glad to hear that was the issue.  When i was building my TX1800 I had an issue with one of the first led's in the series and couldnt for the life of me figure out what the problem was.  Always nice when the fix is somewhat simple :)

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #673 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 21:32:09 »

Thanks.

Glad to hear that was the issue.  When i was building my TX1800 I had an issue with one of the first led's in the series and couldnt for the life of me figure out what the problem was.  Always nice when the fix is somewhat simple :)

When I finished the last one, it, along with the one on the front refused to turn on. Of course I only set 17 LEDs instead of 19 in the config. Once I updated that everything worked perfectly. Thanks for helping me work through this.

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #674 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 16:47:41 »
I can't stop giggling like a little girl.

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #675 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 16:56:00 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Beautiful.

Offline Sissy

« Reply #676 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 21:00:52 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Stunning

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #677 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 23:55:47 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

what switches are those? The 9009 goes surprisingly well with the black case.

My collection

More

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #678 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:33:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ergo clears in BSUN brown housings, with tribosys lube and black poly films. Still a little scratchy though, gotta get better at lubing. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on any pandas so I made the next best thing I could think of.

I wasn't sure I'd like the 9009 but I totally agree. I might swap it out for solarized dark when I finally get it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #679 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 00:37:34 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ergo clears in BSUN brown housings, with tribosys lube and black poly films. Still a little scratchy though, gotta get better at lubing. Unfortunately I couldn't get my hands on any pandas so I made the next best thing I could think of.

I wasn't sure I'd like the 9009 but I totally agree. I might swap it out for solarized dark when I finally get it.

THAT'S MY BOY

GOOD SWITCH CHOICE

think i'm gonna crack mine open and put films and lube soon
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline breckstar

Re: [GB] TGR-910 CE - 85% Completed
« Reply #680 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 09:43:23 »
Any way to get the acrylic mid layer post GB?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #681 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 11:46:23 »
I can send you the fie for you, and you may get someone to get it cut for you.

My collection

More

Offline breckstar

« Reply #682 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 13:36:24 »
I can send you the fie for you, and you may get someone to get it cut for you.
That would be awesome!

Offline lunr

« Reply #683 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 20:31:22 »
yuktsi, I sent you a pm. Thanks.

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
« Reply #684 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 16:16:55 »
just pm'd question, thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #685 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 00:16:01 »
Someone PM me if interested in swapping case colors or TGR 910 editions. I've got a grey TGR 910 CE, and it goes great with GMK 9009, but looking to move away from the beige aesthetic.

Offline finalarcadia

« Reply #686 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 13:12:56 »
The promised pics:

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #687 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 13:21:35 »
The promised pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Amazing.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline LDobler

« Reply #688 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 15:19:25 »
Have EU orders started going out yet?  :)

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #689 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 18:18:37 »
The promised pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

ffff that looks good
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #690 on: Mon, 19 March 2018, 02:55:26 »
The promised pics:
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wooah, call the fire department, this board is is on fire! How the hype persons say it - LIT!  :thumb:
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline luumii

• A day in life without Keyboard SA
« Reply #691 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 01:47:47 »
Sent you a PM Yuktsi.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #692 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 09:55:51 »
Sent you a PM Yuktsi.
Ok, thanks.

Have EU orders started going out yet?  :)
Yeah. I am updating the tracking now.

My collection

More

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #693 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 10:35:06 »
Yay just got a tracking number. Which shipping provider is it from? SF Express?

Offline Shoah

« Reply #694 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 07:51:02 »
Has everyone in EU received their tracking yet?

Offline seblove

« Reply #695 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 10:18:40 »
Traded my Jane for this guy. Built it with lubbed / stickered 67g zeals, I think I found my new favorite. The pink is so good.

192259-0

Offline dyrdevil

« Reply #696 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 22:24:56 »
Hi Yuktsi, sent you a pm few days ago:)

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #697 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 22:30:33 »
Hi Yuktsi, sent you a pm few days ago:)
Hi, I didn't receive any email nor PM from you. Do you mind to send it again?

My collection

More

Offline Weiss

• Impulse buying at its finest
« Reply #698 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 03:23:52 »
Huh, I just saw the post about needing to solder on the RGB controller and LEDs from the RGB kit, and I got super paranoid because I actually didn't see my RGB kit at first glance in my package.

Lo and behold, I guess my RGB kit was already soldered onto one of my PCBs, I can only assume thanks to Yuktsi. Thanks!

I'm just waiting on some parts to come in, then this board will be getting built. :)

Offline xeniality

• xx
« Reply #699 on: Sat, 24 March 2018, 17:29:14 »
Wait a second Weiss...

I've seen that profile picture somewhere!