Author Topic: How to make the Monsgeek M1 Clacky?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline Kernuls

How to make the Monsgeek M1 Clacky?
« on: Sat, 16 December 2023, 16:06:38 »
Hi guys, I would like to ask you a question, I will buy the "Monsgeek M1" keyboard and then customize it later to my liking; I would just like some help in knowing how to achieve a clacky noise, like one like this; What mods do you recommend me to do? And which (linear) switches do you recommend? Alpacas? A thousand thanks!

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: How to make the Monsgeek M1 Clacky?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 06:18:14 »
You would want a higher pitched switch if you want to achieve a similar sound.

Something like a gat milky top yellow on an aluminium plate could work for the board, they are pretty good switches when modded properly (spring swap to something consistent, breaking in and lubing) and they have a pretty high pitch sound. Maybe use a thinner lube like 3204 which makes the switch less deep than 205, and still makes switches smooth.

gat x on alu is also nice and you don't really need to break in the switch, just make sure you spring swap and lube with an oil like 105g0 (this would be more higher pitch from experience) but it is more expensive.

also sure you remove the foam that I believe comes with the M1 as that usually deepens it as well.

fjell | hhkb bt

Offline Exquite

• GeekAnubis
Re: How to make the Monsgeek M1 Clacky?
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 10:29:48 »
Maybe owlab neon and alu plates with no foam no tapemod will do it. That is my combo that I’m using for my M1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm a Color lover and a designer.