Author Topic: [GB] Doro67 (99% shipped by 80ultraman)  (Read 131960 times)

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
Re: [GB] Doro67 - Integrated 4mm Plate 65% Keyboard (~80% shipped)
« Reply #300 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 08:30:05 »
Was the RGB pcb firmware released? I have the rgb pcb but still using the old pcb firmware

Yes. It’s on QMK.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #301 on: Sat, 20 July 2019, 08:40:10 »
Was the RGB pcb firmware released? I have the rgb pcb but still using the old pcb firmware

Yes. It’s on QMK.

Cool thanks :)

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #302 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 18:44:22 »

Yes. It’s on QMK.

The firmware was actually never released. We had to make our own. =(

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #303 on: Sun, 21 July 2019, 23:55:04 »

Yes. It’s on QMK.

The firmware was actually never released. We had to make our own. =(

He probably didn't push it to the QMK repo, but 80 did give us a file - granted it came after the boards were sent out. However, I do appreciate the community stepping in and seeing that the appropriate files were available regardless.

222898-0

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #304 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 11:33:48 »
@Nasp Yeah unfortunately what those files are

1. Hex file: Cannot be edited by a user to change the keymap or examined without some extreme measures.
2. JSON File: Kbfirmware file that actually does not have RGB support.

Coincidentally the Hex file has RGB support. Which means it was not built from the kbfirmware json and from some other source, which was not released =(.

We recently implemented RGB Matrix which is a new and improved way of doing in switch RGB. By help from drashna and xulkul we were able to get the doro67 firmware (currently checked into QMK) to get RGB working using the new and improved way. I have some doubts the original source resulting in the hex file I mentioned above used RGB Matrix. So perhaps it was better we went this route.

The only reverse engineering we thankfully had to do was for the RGB. The json was sufficient to provide what the switch matrix looked like.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 July 2019, 11:37:07 by merlin64 »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 22 July 2019, 14:06:58 »
Thanks for clearing that up Mech Merlin. The community is forever indebted to your service. Thank you!

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #306 on: Tue, 23 July 2019, 01:05:50 »
If anyone from EU wants a spare or fixed daughter board, please contact me on discord @Moridin | Bliss and Tell#9373.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 10:34:39 »
I have a problem with the daughterboard. Apparently the fabric base solder on the type-c was not strong enough and the connector was moving (making the keyboard disconnect continuously).
Opened it up and noticed the solder was so weak that i managed to remove the connector lol. 
Who could i contact? Does Ultra still reply to people here?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 10:35:16 »
If anyone from EU wants a spare or fixed daughter board, please contact me on discord @Moridin | Bliss and Tell#9373.

Oh lol, you seems like the solution to my problem.  Pm'd

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 31 July 2019, 14:57:46 »

Oh lol, you seems like the solution to my problem.  Pm'd

Contact us on Discord to join the Doro group for details please. 😉

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #310 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 15:56:03 »
So, I thankfully did get my board, but it has problems with the rgb. I did a build of the qmk repo to make sure it wasn't a firmware problem. Any ideas where I should look on the pcb for a bad connection?

Offline razor_blade

« Reply #311 on: Mon, 05 August 2019, 16:28:04 »
Update, I re-flowed the left pad of R92 and I'm in business now.

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 22 August 2019, 13:02:14 »
any updates from discord? Haven’t seen in a while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline skepticaljesus

« Reply #313 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 12:30:54 »
How do you put the doro into bootloader mode? The normal options for QMK aren't working...

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #314 on: Sun, 08 September 2019, 21:49:18 »
There should have been a button on the bottom of the pcb

Offline jitu

« Reply #315 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:02:22 »
Could ultra or whoever is in charge right now help me with my board please? My aluminum slab is warped and even though I can screw it in and tighten it down, I would rather not have a warped slab.

Offline Lbibass

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 13:39:55 »
Could ultra or whoever is in charge right now help me with my board please? My aluminum slab is warped and even though I can screw it in and tighten it down, I would rather not have a warped slab.

heh. Good luck with that. 80Ultraman has been silent for a VERY long time.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 13:55:43 »
Same here, no reply

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 23:14:13 »
I haven't even receive the Doro.  I don't even know who to contact.  I try 80 and he actually replied once.  Then he went silent afterwards.

Offline fifasarajevo

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 11:06:59 »
Anyone know how to source a replacement daughterboard?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

« Reply #320 on: Sun, 29 September 2019, 22:02:45 »
I haven't even receive the Doro.  I don't even know who to contact.  I try 80 and he actually replied once.  Then he went silent afterwards.
Yeah I still have not received mine. Does anyone know is actual info? Isn’t he US based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #321 on: Mon, 30 September 2019, 14:06:53 »
Anyone know how to source a replacement daughterboard?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

same please, i hope someone just will design this pcb at some point

Offline OmegaZero55

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 03 October 2019, 09:38:16 »
Same here. At this point I'd prefer my money back since this group buy has been a mess. I'd at least like my keyboard if that isn't an option, though.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #323 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 07:15:10 »
Same here. At this point I'd prefer my money back since this group buy has been a mess. I'd at least like my keyboard if that isn't an option, though.

Hopefully your invoice isn't more than 6 months old. 

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #324 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 08:38:55 »

The GB was run last year.  Just checked, my invoice was dated 9/7/2018, more than a year old.   :(

I would hate to write off the loss, because that's $400 we're talking about here.  But I simply don't know what else I can do when I keep emailing 80 and he does not respond.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 06 October 2019, 09:55:22 »

The GB was run last year.  Just checked, my invoice was dated 9/7/2018, more than a year old.   :(

I would hate to write off the loss, because that's $400 we're talking about here.  But I simply don't know what else I can do when I keep emailing 80 and he does not respond.

Some people "refreshed" the invoice about 6 months ago, e.g. when the first 6 months were going to expire, asked a refund and paid a new invoice which is a total new invoice, probably he didn't.
Everyone should ask for a refund if the keeb doesn't arrive before the 6 months mark and eventually pay a new invoice, because there is always a risk involved in any GB. 

I'm afraid to say, if 80 doesn't answer/send (i doubt at this point), there is nothing you and the other guy can do over than just waiting. 

I would suggest to contact paypal anyway, NOT because they will help you (they can't after the 6 months mark), but because they can eventually flag/report his account/bank account if enough reports are issued (that's what i suppose, regarding your money guys pp can't do anything). Sorry  :(
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 October 2019, 09:56:58 by KaosJ »

« Reply #326 on: Thu, 20 February 2020, 21:04:29 »
As time goes on and it becomes clear this GB was a scam, has anyone had any success reaching out to Ultra. He shared enough info that I would suspect someone could reach him outside of the GH.

Offline lovetree

« Reply #327 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 01:01:53 »
As time goes on and it becomes clear this GB was a scam, has anyone had any success reaching out to Ultra. He shared enough info that I would suspect someone could reach him outside of the GH.

Another victim is here... :(

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #328 on: Sat, 22 February 2020, 05:03:41 »

Objectively it wasn’t a scam per se. Lots of keyboards were shipped out. Doesn’t change the fact that the people who didn’t receive theirs have every right to be furious. The problems started when the money ran out and 80Ultra disappeared. 😞

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #329 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 04:04:14 »
Dear everyone,

We have engaged with @Maartenwut to get new PCBs and daughter boards made. Please join his Discord!

Offline .

« Reply #330 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 04:25:46 »
I have a problem with the daughterboard. Apparently the fabric base solder on the type-c was not strong enough and the connector was moving (making the keyboard disconnect continuously).
Opened it up and noticed the solder was so weak that i managed to remove the connector lol. 

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Christ, what a ****ing ****show. I've fixed several of these daughterboards before so you could send it to me if you want it fixed. I could design a fitting replacement at the same time  ;)

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #331 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 04:55:12 »
Dear everyone,

We have engaged with @Maartenwut to get new PCBs and daughter boards made. Please join his Discord!

Awesome! Thanks for the follow up on this one Moridin, it is appreciated.

I have joined the Discord.

« Reply #332 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 21:28:24 »

Objectively it wasn’t a scam per se. Lots of keyboards were shipped out. Doesn’t change the fact that the people who didn’t receive theirs have every right to be furious. The problems started when the money ran out and 80Ultra disappeared. 😞

Fair point  :(

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #333 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 23:33:51 »

Did he not send out your board and did not refund? I was told all boards were shipped. You should have received a refund long ago if you did not receive a board.
Also PM me for his wechat number. I am not sure if I can still get a hold of him, but will at least try.

80ultraman's QQ Group: 839268206.

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 April 2020, 23:35:23 by oldcat »

« Reply #334 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 05:01:20 »

Did he not send out your board and did not refund? I was told all boards were shipped. You should have received a refund long ago if you did not receive a board.
Also PM me for his wechat number. I am not sure if I can still get a hold of him, but will at least try.

Never got a board and never got a refund. I don’t have/use wechat.

Appreciate all the help!

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #335 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 09:12:06 »

I never received my board or refund either, oldcat.   :'(

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #336 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 10:06:55 »

I never received my board or refund either, oldcat.   :'(

He is still active on wechat moments a few weeks ago, sent him a few messages last night and no reply yet.
I will see if I can find more info. Another way is to try directly calling PayPal. Will also follow up with a few people who personally know him in qq group to ask him to refund unshipped orders.

I recall he offered to extend PayPal protection by allowing to refund and recharge. I did not do the refund and recharge but fortunately receive the board (regular pcb) I purchased but feel really bad for you. I will message him again in a few days on wechat if I don’t get blocked.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Re: [GB] Doro67 (99% shipped by 80ultraman)
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 00:10:03 »
[Update] After a few attempts myself and through common keyboard friends, I did manage to get in touch with 80, and he informed me that he thought all were shipped and was unaware of the few unshipped items situation. But in anyways, if you have not received your board (not a bad PCB or other parts, just for unshipped boards), please PM me for his personal contact, and 80 agreed to refund or ship those unshipped items.

Thanks. Oldcat
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2020, 00:19:08 by oldcat »

Offline lovetree

« Reply #338 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 08:43:17 »
[Update] After a few attempts myself and through common keyboard friends, I did manage to get in touch with 80, and he informed me that he thought all were shipped and was unaware of the few unshipped items situation. But in anyways, if you have not received your board (not a bad PCB or other parts, just for unshipped boards), please PM me for his personal contact, and 80 agreed to refund or ship those unshipped items.

Thanks. Oldcat

Thank you Oldcat for the update.
I sent him an email.
It is hard to believe how he could forget about left items.
Anyway I hope I could be refunded.

Offline .

« Reply #339 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 17:04:46 »
For those interested who want a new PCB, you can subscribe for an email notification here. Also, don't forget to join my discord server.

I am sorry to say this, but ISO won't be supported on my PCB. Usually on PCBs the ISO enter stabilizer orientation is with the wire to the left side, due to the ANSI backslash switch pin. However, the Doro67 one has it the other way around, so I can't support both ISO and ANSI on the same PCB.

I have designed a new daughterboard that should fit in the doro67 as well. Next up is changing up the ta-65 of mine to fit in the doro67, and then it's time to test fit a prototype. It's coming soon!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #340 on: Fri, 08 May 2020, 13:12:42 »
For those interested who want a new PCB, you can subscribe for an email notification here. Also, don't forget to join my discord server.

I am sorry to say this, but ISO won't be supported on my PCB. Usually on PCBs the ISO enter stabilizer orientation is with the wire to the left side, due to the ANSI backslash switch pin. However, the Doro67 one has it the other way around, so I can't support both ISO and ANSI on the same PCB.

I have designed a new daughterboard that should fit in the doro67 as well. Next up is changing up the ta-65 of mine to fit in the doro67, and then it's time to test fit a prototype. It's coming soon!

Thank you so much!

Offline jitu

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 18 June 2020, 12:39:40 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Same thing happened to mine yesterday and I don't even use my doro. The soldering job is very poorly done on this. I have very little hope Ultra is active anymore to respond anyone and provide support for his product. So, I went ahead and ordered some flux paste (already have soldering kit) so I can clean up the daughter board and re-solder the usb-c connector. It's a damn shame tho.

Offline Moridin

• Infinite Diaries
« Reply #342 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 03:43:37 »
I've been using the Dodo67 replacement PCB by Maarten for a week or so now and it seems to be perfect.

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #343 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 12:38:03 »
I've been using the Dodo67 replacement PCB by Maarten for a week or so now and it seems to be perfect.

Good to hear! Are you testing a replacement daughterboard too? Thanks!

Offline SolidCactus

« Reply #344 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 12:45:56 »

This is great news! I will pick some up as soon as they are available! Thanks for letting us know Moridin

Offline jitu

« Reply #345 on: Sat, 20 June 2020, 17:19:20 »
Got my Doro67 to work with a stronger usb-c connection to the daughter board. Had to clean the solder and reflow with flux.

« Reply #346 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 22:21:27 »

Thanks. Oldcat

I sent him an email.

Thanks. Oldcat

I sent him an email.

Did you end up receiving any follow-up from him? I sent him an email as requested and never received the board or a reply.

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #347 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 11:36:29 »
Doro ano flaking... https://imgur.com/a/1HHLZgR

anyone else seen this on their doro?
The link is an album with a closeup

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 11:37:59 »
Never even got mine

Offline Rubbermilitia

« Reply #349 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 11:45:22 »
Never even got mine

99% shipped sucks for the 1% :( sorry man, that's not ok.