Author Topic: Looking for CNC milling services  (Read 14953 times)

Offline SamuraiKek

• Dang ol' keyboards
Looking for CNC milling services
« on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 08:21:29 »
Hey guys, I'm trying to put together everything I need for running a small group buy for a split ergonomic keyboard I'm designing. The problem is, I can't find a good source for producing the keyboard cases out of cnc aluminum. I have contacted some local firms here in Romania but I feel like they're way behind at this chapter. I usually get weird looks and thousands of dollars quotes for one prototype. I was wondering if any of you guys know of any cnc companies that are capable of doing a project like this? Location doesn't really matter.

Offline Keyboard_Warrior364

• Instagram: armourgrade
Re: Looking for CNC milling services
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 10:14:28 »
Hi, maybe i can be of some assistance. I've had a few projects done here in my home town of Novi Sad, Serbia and I was satisfied with the results. I'm familiar with a few companies, though I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for. The price is usually around 25 eu/h for a 3-axis cnc machine and a bit more for 5-axis if your design requires it, though its faster than a 3-axis. You also pay for the initial first piece and all the preparation. It could be possible to find it cheaper in the area, though i havent seen the results of these companies. The companies i know of also offer blasting and final anodizing if required

Offline SamuraiKek

• Dang ol' keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 02:39:55 »
Hi, maybe i can be of some assistance. I've had a few projects done here in my home town of Novi Sad, Serbia and I was satisfied with the results. I'm familiar with a few companies, though I'm not sure what exactly you're looking for. The price is usually around 25 eu/h for a 3-axis cnc machine and a bit more for 5-axis if your design requires it, though its faster than a 3-axis. You also pay for the initial first piece and all the preparation. It could be possible to find it cheaper in the area, though i havent seen the results of these companies. The companies i know of also offer blasting and final anodizing if required

Wow, I just got back from Novi Sad this weekend. Small world  :) Your town is beautiful btw! I live in Timisoara so it's like a 2.5 hour drive.
Currently I need a 5-axis cnc for my design but I can ultimately change it depending on price. I'd say I'm definitely interested! Could you put me in touch with them? Maybe we could switch to PM's to talk more details? Thanks!

Offline Keyboard_Warrior364

• Instagram: armourgrade
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 07:19:45 »
I've sent you a PM for more info.

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 09 October 2019, 14:43:17 »
I've sent you a PM for more info.
I live in Cluj-Napoca - My project is far-far away from being even started, but please PM me some details as well :D

Offline Blitzschnitzel

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 06:43:35 »
Just send out many quotation requests to Chinese companies. Google CNC China, send them a 3d file, the amount and pick the best price. Here is one: https://www.rapiddirect.com/
But quality complaints are off course trickier in China.
For anodized aluminium plates I've found this manufacturer in Germany which, strangely, beats the Chinese in price and capabilities: https://laserteileonline.de

Offline aurele-rshape

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 11 September 2020, 05:06:16 »
Hey, I know this is pretty much a dead thread, but I know some suppliers based out of Vietnam that can provide these kind of CNC milling services. Don't hesitate to PM me if interested!

Offline byron53

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 05 November 2022, 10:05:12 »
Try this one: https://jiahuimachining.com/
This supplier is from Ningbo, China. May not be the best one, but price is good and quality is not bad.
You can submit your request on the website and they reponsed very quick for my case.

Offline jcrapid

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 06:24:56 »
A precision machinery parts processing manufacturer focusing on hardware cnc processing
https://jcrapid.com/
jcrapid is a high-tech enterprise precision parts processing factory, located in Hongxing Community, Songgang, Shenzhen. Mainly serve high-tech fields, such as: automation, aviation, basic scientific research, optical fiber, communication, semiconductor, electronics, medical treatment, shock absorbers and other equipment accessories. At present, the company has 5-axis automatic three-coordinate measuring machine (CMM), optical projector and other advanced testing instruments and multi-axis CNC lathes, core walking machines, 4-axis, 5-axis CNC milling, automatic surface grinding, wire cutting, EDM, etc. Production equipment, the main equipment is made in the United States and Japan. Our peripheral supporting facilities are also very complete, including laser marking, welding, chemical etching, heat setting, so sandblasting, polishing, harmless electroplating, passivation/oxidation/dyeing treatment, ultra-clean assembly, packaging, etc. can be realized. One-stop service saves more time and cost for customers and achieves a win-win situation. The humanized management system gathers a group of excellent employees and high-quality management personnel, which makes us more confident and capable of completing various complex technical tasks and meeting the standard requirements required by customers. World-renowned companies in Europe, the United States, and Asia have become one of their qualified suppliers, and their business volume has achieved considerable development.
jcrapid company has always maintained a down-to-earth and steady style of work, and promoted the continuous improvement of enterprise management level with the spirit of unity and self-discipline, diligence and rigor, and innovation. Strictly implement TS16949 and ISO9001 standard 2, complying with its regulations has become the criterion of our daily work. . In order to adapt to the development trend of global economic integration, we adopt CNC mass production method to continuously reduce production costs, improve product reliability and consistency, and have achieved initial results. Repay customers with high-quality products, low prices, punctuality and trustworthiness. It is believed that Yamei's excellent quality, honest and friendly corporate image will be more and more valued and recognized by the public. Welcome domestic and foreign customers to visit and guide, discuss cooperation and create brilliance together.