Author Topic: [GB] KIRA EXS - Complete  (Read 86981 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [GB] KIRA EXS
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 18:43:17 »
Here's some photos of the dark grey we had with a prototype KIRA60 previously. It looks more like the titanium grey of say, the KMAC rather than a medium grey shade.

https://imgur.com/a/5D5Yg

Please do note that anodizing isn't the most precise process, so it might be a tad darker or lighter, but should still be quite the same as the 60.

Thanks for this. Is this picture of the silver top and bottom? https://i.imgur.com/eOHALIb.jpg

This is all silver, the photo was just taken in a dimly lit room.

For the grey, there's been a mix-up and we're not doing dark grey. The poll specified grey and not dark grey, so we're going to use space grey similar to the iphone.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline Chimera

« Reply #101 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:01:15 »
Here's some photos of the dark grey we had with a prototype KIRA60 previously. It looks more like the titanium grey of say, the KMAC rather than a medium grey shade.

Please do note that anodizing isn't the most precise process, so it might be a tad darker or lighter, but should still be quite the same as the 60.

Thanks for this. Is this picture of the silver top and bottom? https://i.imgur.com/eOHALIb.jpg

For the grey, there's been a mix-up and we're not doing dark grey. The poll specified grey and not dark grey, so we're going to use space grey similar to the iphone.

Dang. That kind of makes me wonder about the dark grey and silver again then. Is there a color code or anything? Glad I didn't submit my order yet. How dark do you think it will be? If its going to be lighter i'm going black for the bottom. If its darker i'm going silver. If it looks like the silver prototype where the top is slightly darker I'd do the black bottom.

Space grey looks kind of like the dark grey in this pic:
https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/6009/6009664_bd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

but looks lighter in this

https://www.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/xlarge/public/field/image/2017/09/iphone-x-hands-on-hero.JPG?itok=Np77x1Lb

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:15:04 »

Dang. That kind of makes me wonder about the dark grey and silver again then. Is there a color code or anything? Glad I didn't submit my order yet. How dark do you think it will be? If its going to be lighter i'm going black for the bottom. If its darker i'm going silver. If it looks like the silver prototype where the top is slightly darker I'd do the black bottom.

https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/BestBuy_US/images/products/6009/6009664_bd.jpg;maxHeight=1000;maxWidth=1000

https://www.imore.com/sites/imore.com/files/styles/xlarge/public/field/image/2017/09/iphone-x-hands-on-hero.JPG?itok=Np77x1Lb

I'll try to take photos later of a space grey sample against the bottom of my silver EX prototype so you can compare. There is no code, the factory will just compare it with an actual space grey iPhone.

Offline Chimera

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:23:43 »

I'll try to take photos later of a space grey sample against the bottom of my silver EX prototype so you can compare. There is no code, the factory will just compare it with an actual space grey iPhone.

alright cool. it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:39:50 »
Sorry for the photo quality:

Offline Chimera

« Reply #105 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:46:45 »
no that's great actually. is it the darkest one next to the purple or the silver-ish one next to grey? i'm hoping for the one by the purple. if that one is black, space grey top and black bottom is going to look soooo good.
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:49:10 by Chimera »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:47:13 »
I'm a big fan of the space gray option!  Thank you for posting all the color chips together.

no that's great actually. is it the darkest one next to the purple or the silver-ish one next to grey? i'm hoping for the one by the purple.

I believe that's black next to the purple.  So silver bottom, then left-to-right: "space gray", red, purple, black.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Chimera

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 19:50:15 »
I'm a big fan of the space gray option!  Thank you for posting all the color chips together.

no that's great actually. is it the darkest one next to the purple or the silver-ish one next to grey? i'm hoping for the one by the purple.

I believe that's black next to the purple.  So silver bottom, then left-to-right: "space gray", red, purple, black.

Yeah, looking at it again, I think you are right.

Space grey top and black is going to look great.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #108 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:05:34 »

This is correct  :thumb:

Offline Aktavate

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:48:01 »
Excited, any more pics of the black top/red bottom config?

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 20:53:59 »

These are all the photos I took, I already returned the red kit to the owner.

https://imgur.com/a/a5R33

Offline Aktavate

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 23:15:48 »
 :thumb: TY sir!

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 02:00:33 »
Chimera, are you pairing the space grey/black combination with aluminum insert or leaving it with the default acrylic?

I got bumped up the slot, so I am overly excited to order the Kira.

Offline ray160

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 02:02:28 »
Dunno about you guys but I'm planning on Gray top and bottom with silver aluminum insert!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 03:36:53 »

Put led zeppelin on this ;D

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #115 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 08:36:44 »

Put led zeppelin on this ;D

You know I will  :cool:

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #116 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 09:58:31 »
I know some of us are working on getting this paid, so I'm leaving the whole thing open for about 24 hours more, hope it gives everyone time to get their stuff in :)
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #117 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:35:19 »
Any confirmation on whether the PCB is gonna work with QMK or just sticking with ps2avr?

I've gotten the b.fake code in the QMK repo to work on my facew ps2avru board. However I ran into issues with random shutdowns that I believe can be attributed to the increased temperatures on my board. Not sure if the designer is seeing the same issues or not.

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 12:07:59 »
So hard to choose the color.

I end up picking dark grey (space grey).

Offline Chimera

« Reply #119 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 13:17:17 »
So hard to choose the color.

I end up picking dark grey (space grey).

Did you go full space grey?

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 13:21:24 »

I did indeed.
I don't know how it will turn out with mixing top/bottom (space grey/black) like you suggested without visualizing it.

Offline Chimera

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 13:26:21 »

I did indeed.
I don't know how it will turn out with mixing top/bottom (space grey/black) like you suggested without visualizing it.
Yeah, I'm going with that because I feel with how light it is that it will contrast well with black. I'm considering a full space grey too.

For only 5 color choices it's unbelievably hard to decide and I'm still deciding on if I want a spare pcb on top of that.

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 14:50:36 »
Yeah, I'm going with that because I feel with how light it is that it will contrast well with black. I'm considering a full space grey too.

For only 5 color choices it's unbelievably hard to decide and I'm still deciding on if I want a spare pcb on top of that.

I know exactly what you mean.  Purple looks nice, but that limits your choice in keycaps.

Are you getting aluminum insert also?

I did end up getting an extra pcb, but that also means you need an extra plate, right?  The whole point of the extra pcb is to try different switches/layout.  It is more of a backup for me.

Offline Chimera

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:09:37 »

I know exactly what you mean.  Purple looks nice, but that limits your choice in keycaps.

I did end up getting an extra pcb, but that also means you need an extra plate, right?  The whole point of the extra pcb is to try different switches/layout.  It is more of a backup for me.

No, I want the RGB so I'm keeping just the one it comes with. I would like a red one, but i'm probs not going to use it so I'm going to pass.

If you want to get multiple setups you'd get an extra plate. For me personally, if I go with a PCB, it would be primarily for just in case something happens to the original so I'd have to desolder but wouldn't be stuck with just a case.

Offline Phrillis

• mod-colored pipe connoisseur
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:25:03 »
I made the purchase for a silver aluminium plate but didn't see the other colours. Will I be able to change it to purple instead?
TGR Jane v2 ME | Mode 80 1st Ed. | KFE CE | Ottantaquattro | Freyr | CW88 | Frog TKL | Noxary 280 | Noxary 380 | U80-A SEQ-2 | KBD8X MK II | ElectroType 87
TC-V3 | CW60 | Ladybird | Kira EXS

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:32:27 »

No, I want the RGB so I'm keeping just the one it comes with. I would like a red one, but i'm probs not going to use it so I'm going to pass.

If you want to get multiple setups you'd get an extra plate. For me personally, if I go with a PCB, it would be primarily for just in case something happens to the original so I'd have to desolder but wouldn't be stuck with just a case.

That makes sense.

I made the purchase for a silver aluminium plate but didn't see the other colours. Will I be able to change it to purple instead?

I think it is probably best to send a PM to beamingrobot to get it changed.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #126 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 17:10:29 »
Any confirmation on whether the PCB is gonna work with QMK or just sticking with ps2avr?

I've gotten the b.fake code in the QMK repo to work on my facew ps2avru board. However I ran into issues with random shutdowns that I believe can be attributed to the increased temperatures on my board. Not sure if the designer is seeing the same issues or not.

The prototype PCBs using QMK will be shipped to me next week, and we'll be testing it for some time.

Offline ManicMatt1125

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 17:16:19 »
Im assuming this was a pre-sale? Is it safe to assume tis will be availbe on konas store sometime soon

Offline Genn

« Reply #128 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 17:18:17 »
Im assuming this was a pre-sale? Is it safe to assume tis will be availbe on konas store sometime soon
This has nothing to do with the Kira96, aside from the fact that both are designed by the same person). That one is going to go live later this month (I think). This, the Kira EXS, was limited to 25 units and raffled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chimera

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 23:51:33 »
I placed my order. If we chose dark grey, space grey is assumed right?

I ended up going full grey with a spare pcb.

Now we wait.

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #130 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 23:55:17 »

Now we wait.

:thumb: Great color choice.

Well, while you're waiting, you can figure out the switches you want to use or keycaps you plan to put on it.   ;D

Offline Chimera

« Reply #131 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 07:30:54 »

Now we wait.

:thumb: Great color choice.

Well, while you're waiting, you can figure out the switches you want to use or keycaps you plan to put on it.   ;D

I know it's going to change before I get it but I was thinking 67g zeals and either carbon or honeywell keycaps. Im curious abput those kalih box violets that are coming out soon.

I ended up just adding a second plate to my order since I already got the pcb and it's relatively cheap. So I guess I need switches for 2 boards.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 March 2018, 07:55:01 by Chimera »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 07:54:23 »
Hi all,

We still have a couple of folks who haven't paid. Please do pay within the next 24 hours so that we can send in the order as soon as possible.

- staycreepin
- ff7
- petch
- longnt
- smoian
- ihalatch

We also just bumped up oscar2187

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 08:12:25 »
I'm beating my head against the wall for completely missing this. It looks great!

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 08:21:54 »
@beamng can we get an updated list on page one post one of people paid and who has not and the next in line please. Sifting through messages is getting confusing

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 13:04:59 »
@beamng can we get an updated list on page one post one of people paid and who has not and the next in line please. Sifting through messages is getting confusing

Looks like beamingrobot just updated the list on the 2nd post on the first page.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 15:40:13 »

Looks like beamingrobot just updated the list on the 2nd post on the first page.

Bad ass . that is what we needed

Offline trikoi00

• GMK bias
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 16:56:19 »
Nope, still no bumpup for me...

Offline longnt

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 09 March 2018, 01:55:17 »
I'm done! Thanks for waiting

Offline Artist

• A Fine Architect to be!
« Reply #139 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 03:48:19 »
Is there any updates on payment as who paid up and not, so to bumping up people?

I'm just curious as I'm not even in the 26-30th place anyway :( (hoping to be the 31st)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #140 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 20:05:53 »
The following people have been bumped up, check your email, thanks:

mudcakehoney
aspenc4
Krytone
yonghf
Kokokoy

I still need a response from ihalatch about something related, if you see this please reply, thanks.

For those who have been incommunicado with regards to multiple emails sent, you're blacklisted from future buys. Please at least have the courtesy to inform us if you're pulling out, appreciate those who sent a reply!
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 23:26:25 by beamingrobot »

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:11:56 »
beamingrobot, am I still in the list?  Since I noticed your updated list does not include me.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:45:33 »
beamingrobot, am I still in the list?  Since I noticed your updated list does not include me.
Pretty sure I removed the wrong person, lemme check  :thumb:

Alright, I must have selected 2 names and removed them. You're still in the list so no worries.
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 March 2018, 21:47:22 by beamingrobot »

Offline YisSerL

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 11 March 2018, 22:02:36 »
Thanks, almost had a heart attack there.   :eek:

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #144 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 14:21:32 »
Any updates on this?

Just curious if I have even the most remote chances of getting in.

Thanks!

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 15 March 2018, 19:46:57 »
@beaming or @thesiscamper do you  know the actual length of this keeb? Wondering size comparison to my normal 1800 that is not compact.

Offline Chimera

« Reply #146 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 12:06:12 »
Any idea if the PCBs are going to be hotswapable?

Offline Genn

« Reply #147 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 18:06:38 »
Not possible unless there’s a fixed layout for the boards.

Offline DillonHightower

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 18:28:30 »

That is not true I have three different universal boards that are hot swap

Offline Genn

« Reply #149 on: Fri, 16 March 2018, 22:28:19 »

Yeah, I didn't even think what I typed, I was thinking about integrated plates. It's probably due to being so excited for the M60-A.
 That is not true I have three different universal boards that are hot swap