Author Topic: Hello from Germany  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Durburz

Hello from Germany
« on: Tue, 04 February 2020, 02:33:29 »
Hello there,

I finally took the step to create an account here after my first mk adventures.
Up to date, the only mechanical keyboard I own is the "Interphase" which some of you may already have seen.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7ggeww/photos_interphase_finished_my_prototype/
Some days ago I finished the pcb layout for my second mechanical keyboard and it's time to take it up a notch.   ;D

Offline Maledicted

Re: Hello from Germany
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 08:28:07 »
Welcome to Geekhack. Your first mechanical keyboard is one that you designed and built yourself? Cool board. What switches have you got in it? Talk about starting off running. I'm surprised you haven' acquired any more since.

Offline sleepy

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 11:50:59 »
i love how you can see the batteries, that looks really cool. good work!

Offline Durburz

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 13:10:24 »
Thanks a lot!

Your first mechanical keyboard is one that you designed and built yourself? Cool board. What switches have you got in it? Talk about starting off running. I'm surprised you haven' acquired any more since.
Yeah, I'm coming from the electronics/computer engineering field and it was more of a challenge  I made for myself when a colleague bought a microsoft ergonomic keyboard and it's still going strong as my daily at work.
Switches are Outemu purples and I'm quite happy with 'em.
The reason why I don't have any more keebs yet is simple, I had too little money and time in the past  :))

i love how you can see the batteries, that looks really cool. good work!
That's one design feature I'm pretty proud of and it took me a fair bit of searching to find the battery clamps.  It adds a lot to the overall pretty raw look.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 14:00:55 »
Cool. Plan on sticking with tactiles? I hadn't even heard of Outemu purples yet.

That board seems to be on the extreme end of easy cleaning. No having to worry about not being able to get at any dust/gunk that's fallen inside, or even on an exposed plate.

Offline Durburz

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 14:34:11 »
Plan on sticking with tactiles?
Yep, I don't like linears and most clickys are too loud imho. Next ones I already got are Gateron silent browns. I'll see if I like 'em.
Outemu Sky v2.2 and Zeal Aqua Silents are also ones I'd like to try.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 14:47:30 »
Plan on sticking with tactiles?
Yep, I don't like linears and most clickys are too loud imho. Next ones I already got are Gateron silent browns. I'll see if I like 'em.
Outemu Sky v2.2 and Zeal Aqua Silents are also ones I'd like to try.

I'm the opposite. I don't think the IBM Model F is loud enough, lol. I can see people being put off by that too though. I have heard good things about modern silent switches in general, even from Cherry. Goodluck on your journey to keyboard nirvana.