Author Topic: [GB] Noxary X60 V1  (Read 457602 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] 2017 X60 (Weight Prototype Pictures)
« Reply #1350 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 13:44:36 »
I've had word that they've fixed the engraving, so we should enter 30 days of production on Monday!

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #1351 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 13:45:56 »
I've had word that they've fixed the engraving, so we should enter 30 days of production on Monday!

So, ETA as of now? Looking at April 20th or so for production to finish?

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1352 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 13:58:34 »

Awww yeah

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #1353 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 15:11:26 »

Woot!

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #1354 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 08:04:37 »
I'm so hyped!

To keep the convo going, how will these be shipped?

I recall you mentioning you'll have them prebuilt to avoid any movement of metal, which is a good idea considering what occurred with the Mech27 shipping. Brass and aluminum flailing about inside a box makes me feel queasy.  :(

I think copying what Kin does would be idea for these boards! His method is pretty flawless and avoids any damage to the board and PCB. The box has foam all over, and most importantly two thick pieces of foam on both sides of the board have holes so the keyboard avoids movement within the box, then the top layer is indented enough for the PCB to fit in, then another layer of foam went on top, this way there was no pressure applied to the PCB at all.

It sounds pretty complicated with my awful explanation, but I can link his thread later.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2017, 08:37:36 by Unforgivable »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1355 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 12:43:11 »
[redacted]
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 September 2017, 11:22:07 by xondat »

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1356 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 13:12:50 »
Your process sounds real thorough

This keyboard will be worth the wait with all this attention to delivering a flawless product
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #1357 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 13:24:28 »
Can't wait to get in this board in hand, xondat. The process you will be following seems very sound.
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1358 on: Tue, 21 March 2017, 21:21:52 »
Looookin sweeet

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1359 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 10:17:54 »
Few more things:

Q: What order will you be shipping the cases in?
A: In shipping invoice order. If you pay 1st, it'll be shipped first, iIf you pay 71st, you'll be 71st etc.

Q: Will you take additional plate orders?
A: As I'll most likely be needing replacements, I'll also open up for plate orders so you can buy an additional plate if you want. Please see the replacement section for a timeline. These will ship separately to your case.

Q: What variations of additional plates will be available?
A: Black aluminum, dark gray aluminum, silver aluminum, red aluminum, gold aluminum, stainless steel, polycarbonate, and brass.

Q: Will you include feet, hex keys and spare screws with the cases?
A: Yes, in total there will be 8+2 case screws, 8+2 plate screws, and 2+1 weight screws along with a hex key and 4 3M Bumpon feet.

Q: Is there an additional charge for replacement parts?
A: Of course not.

Q: My PayPal protection has/is about to run out, can you reinvoice me?
A: Definitely. Please email support@noxary.co with subject "Order #xx Reinvoice". The body should include your invoice number and PayPal email.

Q: Why can't you have the cases shipped to you now to check for defects?
A: Unfortunately I do not have the space to keep 100 cases for a month in my room.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 March 2017, 10:32:15 by xondat »

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #1360 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 10:24:05 »
Sounds solid Xondat, thanks for all the information!

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #1361 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 10:33:03 »
Few more things:

A: In shipping invoice order. If you pay 1st, it'll be shipped first, iIf you pay 71st, you'll be 71st etc.

A: As I'll most likely be needing replacements, I'll also open up for plate orders so you can buy an additional plate if you want. Please see the replacement section for a timeline. These will ship separately to your case.

A: Yes, in total there will be 8+2 case screws, 8+2 plate screws, and 2+1 weight screws along with a hex key and 4 3M Bumpon feet.

A: Definitely. Please email support@noxary.co with subject "Order #xx Reinvoice". The body should include your invoice number and PayPal email.

A: Unfortunately I do not have the space to keep 100 cases for a month in my room.
You are so 72 ;)

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1362 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 11:23:12 »
Brass plates -> Colour me intrigued  ;D

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1363 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 12:42:56 »
In for a brass plate!

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1364 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 14:09:46 »
Polycarb Plates O_O
It's happening!

Offline seblove

« Reply #1365 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 17:29:33 »
In for a brass plate as well  :cool:

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1366 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 17:33:26 »
Few more things:

A: Black aluminum, dark gray aluminum, silver aluminum, red aluminum, gold aluminum, stainless steel, polycarbonate, and brass.

fantastic sir

thanks so much for all the hard work and diligence
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1367 on: Wed, 22 March 2017, 20:38:44 »
In for a brass plate!
Might have to try a brass one myself.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Jemaunji

« Reply #1368 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 00:45:37 »
Thanks for the update! I'd totally be down for a brass plate as well.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #1369 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 07:38:57 »
Sounds like a solid plan, Xondat!

Seriously excited for Brass and Poly plates!

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #1370 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 08:16:10 »
Few more things:

Is there any possibility for partial plates?
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #1371 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:03:46 »
Few more things:

I don't think partial plates would be possible due to the design of the plate. There would be nothing supporting the stabilized areas. :(

Offline joey

« Reply #1372 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:05:15 »
Few more things:

I don't think partial plates would be possible due to the design of the plate. There would be nothing supporting the stabilized areas. :(
You can cut just around the alphas, it should work.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #1373 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:17:54 »
Few more things:

You can cut just around the alphas, it should work.

Very true, good point Joey! It might flex a lot though, but if it works, then that would be awesome!

So excited for this. It's worth the wait! I wonder if Pexon is still gonna do that cable giveaway. (:

Offline joey

« Reply #1374 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:20:21 »

Very true, good point Joey! It might flex a lot though, but if it works, then that would be awesome!

So excited for this. It's worth the wait! I wonder if Pexon is still gonna do that cable giveaway. (:
I think the flex is the point of it  :p

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1375 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:41:45 »
Three things regarding X60:
  • The factory pointed out that the engravings weren't centered, I must've incorrectly aligned them due to swapping the engravings around. My designer is redoing the outlines to match the surface the engravings will be on, and expects to have them completed tomorrow evening.
  • I'll get a partial plate aluminum prototype made with the brass and polycarbonate plates. The alphas won't have any plate, but the outside keys (including the number row) will.
  • I'll be making the 10 Pexon cables happen. I just need to figure out lead time so I can ship them with your cases. If the lead time is too long, then I'll ship them separately to you. You'll have to sign up to this draw, just having an order does not make you eligible. This is so I can make sure it goes to someone active and we can minimize any delays.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #1376 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:51:11 »

I think the flex is the point of it  :p

Well no, I meant like 'dangerous, I'm gonna break/stay bent' flex, lol. I'm familiar with tray partial plates, not top though.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #1377 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 09:51:59 »
Three things regarding X60:
  • The factory pointed out that the engravings weren't centered, I must've incorrectly aligned them due to swapping the engravings around. My designer is redoing the outlines to match the surface the engravings will be on, and expects to have them completed tomorrow evening.
  • I'll get a partial plate aluminum prototype made with the brass and polycarbonate plates. The alphas won't have any plate, but the outside keys (including the number row) will.
  • I'll be making the 10 Pexon cables happen. I just need to figure out lead time so I can ship them with your cases. If the lead time is too long, then I'll ship them separately to you. You'll have to sign up to this draw, just having an order does not make you eligible. This is so I can make sure it goes to someone active and we can minimize any delays.

You rock, Xondat! Thanks for the updates and chance at getting more plates soon!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1378 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 10:07:08 »
I'd be in for both a brass and poly plate  :thumb:

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #1379 on: Thu, 23 March 2017, 23:53:01 »
I'd be in for both a brass and poly plate  :thumb:

Same!
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline brighenne

« Reply #1380 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 00:12:02 »
When will we be signing up/paying for extra plates?

When you do shipping invoices, are you going to send out all invoices simultaneously? Is there an option to prepay shipping?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1381 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 16:28:57 »
When will we be signing up/paying for extra plates?

When you do shipping invoices, are you going to send out all invoices simultaneously? Is there an option to prepay shipping?

Once I receive the bulk shipment.

I'll send invoices out as soon as you've filled the shipping info form out. No there isn't.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1382 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 22:18:39 »
Received the updated engraving files. I'll get the production files completed tomorrow ready for Monday! Estimating to receive the shipment in the last few days of April.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1383 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 14:39:56 »

Files are ready to go. Pictures are for a bit of fun :))

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #1384 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 15:08:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

Bootiful :-*
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline NolaSwag

• 60%
« Reply #1385 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 22:30:20 »
Show Image

Show Image

hell yea my guy
Orange60 | X60 | M60-A | Polaris

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary X60 (Shipping May 2017)
« Reply #1386 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:15:39 »
To enter the Pexon cable giveaway, all you need to do is quote this post, have at least one order and say you'd like to enter within the next 7 days. There will be 10 available, and they'll ship with your order. Winners will be announced here; I'll contact you to get your configuration, and you'll have 48 hours to tell me otherwise I'll pass it on. This gives me time to pay him and make sure they're here in time. Good luck!
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 March 2017, 19:55:59 by xondat »

Offline tuba section

Re: [GB] 2017 X60
« Reply #1387 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:16:51 »
To enter the Pexon cable giveaway, all you need to do is quote this post and say you'd like to enter within the next 7 days. There will be 10 available, and they'll ship with your order. Winners will be announced here; I'll contact you to get your configuration, and you'll have 48 hours to tell me otherwise I'll pass it on. This gives me time to pay him and make sure they're here in time. Good luck!

I'd like to enter. Thanks for offering this.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
[GB] 2017 X60
« Reply #1388 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:17:21 »
To enter the Pexon cable giveaway, all you need to do is quote this post and say you'd like to enter within the next 7 days. There will be 10 available, and they'll ship with your order. Winners will be announced here; I'll contact you to get your configuration, and you'll have 48 hours to tell me otherwise I'll pass it on. This gives me time to pay him and make sure they're here in time. Good luck!

Awesome xon!
I would like to enter,
love me some pexon <3

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #1389 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:17:44 »

I'd like to enter. Thanks for the giveaway. :)
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1390 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:18:04 »

I'd like to enter

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #1391 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:18:52 »

I'd be diggity down to enter for this one

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #1392 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:21:32 »
I'd like to enter. Much thanks!
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline Hako

« Reply #1393 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:28:38 »

I'd like to enter, thanks!

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1394 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:30:55 »
I'd like to enter

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1395 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:31:32 »

I'd like to enter
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #1396 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:32:54 »

I'd like to enter please...

Bonus points for entering from here:

With this dude?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1397 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:34:54 »

i would like to enter good sir, love me a pexon cable
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline riotonthebay

• Cherry Peasant
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • keycult.com
« Reply #1398 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:38:54 »

Yarrr, I want pexon's booty

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #1399 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 14:41:46 »
I'd like to enter