Author Topic: Ergodox build: Troubleshooting faulty keys  (Read 717 times)

Offline studbike

Ergodox build: Troubleshooting faulty keys
« on: Mon, 10 November 2014, 09:09:51 »
Hi everyone, this is my first post, but i've been lurking for a while.  I'm building an ergodox w/ parts from falbatech and I have one column that is acting up, plus another key.  Before I start desoldering everything, does anyone have any suggestions? 

Here is what the key presses do specifically:  Switches are labeled sw1:4 through sw5:4 on the right hand, and SW0:4. When I press 5:4, which should produce a 7, I get 6890-     ... moving downward, U delivers iopuy[     ... J gives me hjkl;’       ... M gives me *2345 and also mutes the volume.  This is normally F10 on the built-in keyboard of my macbook.  At keyboardtester.com this showed the numbers 2345 coming from the numpad and a press of shift-8, with the 8 coming from the top number row.  All the other numbers come from the top row as well.  It does not show f10 being pressed, so I don't know why the computer is interpreting a mute command.  Finally, pressing the bottom button of the column, which should be the left arrow, the result is that the cursor moves to the very beginning of the document, as if I had pressed ctrl-home on a windows computer.  keyboardtester.com gives me all 4 arrow buttons pressed at once and also the r-gui key.  Finally, switch sw0:4 , which should be ctrl, gives me every button at once on the thumbcluster, which is page up and down, backspace, return, ctrl and alt. 

My soldering skills are just OK, I am open to the idea that I may have messed up a joint, but I don't know where to begin in terms of testing that.  Thank you for any direction you can steer me in.