Author Topic: looking for a mechanical keyboard.  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Isse

looking for a mechanical keyboard.
« on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 07:31:34 »
Hey, I'm looking for a keyboard following those points :

-Full size

-cherry MX Brown switchs

-Full black alu case, well built and solid (unlike a corsair)

-black and solid keycaps (PBT double shot is the best, right?) with white prints on the top of the keycaps (exactly like my mk-80 for example, except for the PBT double shot...)

-layout ISO FR

-removable cable, to avoid what's happening to my qpad mk-80 : my cable is dying and I have to change the keyboard (well, tbh i would want to change it anyway)

-rgb with good LEDs which will worik for a while... unlike my qpad

-I dont care about macros, mouse bungees, mini jackn usb port, mini jack port, etc...

I know the ducky shine 7 is coming soon but it seems its case is not full alu, right? else, the fact they go with razer switchs (even tho we may have the choice between razer and cherry) is a bad point.

-no budget limit, just a reasonable one, but I can pay 200$ or more if it's worthy.

All is said I think, thanks :)

Offline killyou

Re: looking for a mechanical keyboard.
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 08:50:18 »
All these features plus ISO FR is going to be a bit tricky. The board below ticks all the boxes but you would need to take a look if ISO layout is available:

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3400

Offline Isse

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 09:41:57 »
Thanks for your answer, I asked reddit and a french forum and they told me the same, and recommand me the mf108, I think I'm going for it + a ducky keycaps.

Offline killyou

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:06:37 »
Thanks for your answer, I asked reddit and a french forum and they told me the same, and recommand me the mf108, I think I'm going for it + a ducky keycaps.
Which ducky keycaps? To be honest keycaps that are on mf108 look awfully similar to what ducky keyboards have and I bet it's the same manufacturer. Doubleshot PBT + the same font so I bet it's ducky.

Offline Isse

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:08:04 »
I mean, a ducky keycaps iso FR (yes, it does exist :D ) https://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00231824.html#570e01636aef3

btw if u know a better keycaps set with black keys, white print, compatible with rgb ans iso fr than the ducky kc, u're welcome :D
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:17:36 by Isse »

Offline killyou

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:20:49 »
Unfortunately I don't and I wouldn't be surprised if the set that you linked is the only one in existence  :p

Offline Isse

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 16 August 2018, 10:23:22 »
Yeah I think the same...

Thanks for ur precious help, I think my choice is done and I cant get a better pick than the mf108 + the ducky keycaps, or I guess it would be way more expansive...