Author Topic: Re: [GB] GMK Firefly - Shipping to CUSTOMERS -  (Read 228253 times)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Firefly - PRODUCTION! -
« Reply #200 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:13:20 »
I have received the R2 blue now, and I have accepted it. We can now start production, finally!

Colors are not completely 1:1 perfect, but they are good, especially considering the starting point of having to start from scratch after the GB. The blue is now ever so slightly too light, but there is no closer blue in the RAL Design catalogue.
This option is better than R1 blue base, that was good in bright sunlight, but looks black in indoors lighting. Rather slightly too bright than way too dark, and it is still close. (See GMK Phantom as an example of this)

Because of the circumstances, I will offer to buy every unopened kit for the GB pricing if you decide it is not the GMK Firefly you bought into.
To me, the colors look like GMK Firefly even if the shades of color might be a tiny bit off (this is also why we have renders in different lighting conditions), it is still good and no color is too pale/too saturated or anything like what we have been seing from other sets.
If you doubt this, please wait for images to start to surface from me and others before opening your kit, and if you are unhappy with the results, I will buy every kit personally so that you can get your money back without the hassle of mechmarket.

I think the differences are not noticable and you will still feel like you will get the set you bought into, but the least I can do is offer this buyout due to my inexperience that caused this situation where we had to find all new RALs.
This same mistake was not made for GMK Rouge.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:17:16 by Emir »

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #201 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 11:53:56 »
Why sell at cost to Emir when you can sell for more on mm  :p

Not really disappointed just kinda bummed out. Firefly is my favorite set of the year so I hope it turns out okay. I don't mind the changes in the base that much, just hope that the salmon/orange is vibrant on the blue base. Why not share some pics of r2 samples?

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #202 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 12:04:47 »
How can you check the color in person without opening it? The new GMK packaging is not transparent.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline wil

« Reply #203 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 12:27:03 »
How can you check the color in person without opening it? The new GMK packaging is not transparent.

this is the case. GMK's base kits come "open" now, you just take off the paper lid.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 13:28:13 »

this is the case. GMK's base kits come "open" now, you just take off the paper lid.

Unopened means the clear wrapping should still be on no? :P

Offline Pach

« Reply #205 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 13:55:31 »
I believe Emir means if you don't like the colors based on others' feedback and pictures.

Offline despairsray

« Reply #206 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 14:02:24 »
I have received the R2 blue now, and I have accepted it. We can now start production, finally!

Colors are not completely 1:1 perfect, but they are good, especially considering the starting point of having to start from scratch after the GB. The blue is now ever so slightly too light, but there is no closer blue in the RAL Design catalogue.
This option is better than R1 blue base, that was good in bright sunlight, but looks black in indoors lighting. Rather slightly too bright than way too dark, and it is still close. (See GMK Phantom as an example of this)

Because of the circumstances, I will offer to buy every unopened kit for the GB pricing if you decide it is not the GMK Firefly you bought into.
To me, the colors look like GMK Firefly even if the shades of color might be a tiny bit off (this is also why we have renders in different lighting conditions), it is still good and no color is too pale/too saturated or anything like what we have been seing from other sets.
If you doubt this, please wait for images to start to surface from me and others before opening your kit, and if you are unhappy with the results, I will buy every kit personally so that you can get your money back without the hassle of mechmarket.

I think the differences are not noticable and you will still feel like you will get the set you bought into, but the least I can do is offer this buyout due to my inexperience that caused this situation where we had to find all new RALs.

Does this mean you can possibly squeeze me on a base kit if there's spares available? I will buy one no matter what it looks like, I love this set and have regretted not getting in. I know that we are in the early stages but please let me know if you are seeing people wanting to opt out.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #207 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 14:12:06 »
Yes, you will have to feel the general vibe from people in regards to it and judge from photos.

I believe extremely few, if any, will be dissapointed enough to want to return it, that's why I am taking on this risk.

It might sound like a huge deal and everything is a catastrophe, but it is the opposite. I am always honest with you guys and therefore me phrasing it this way might seem like doomsday. I stand by the set, it will look like firefly.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #208 on: Wed, 01 July 2020, 19:48:27 »
Man if I'd known you'd lighten it a touch I'd have gone in. Glad you got your color.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Firefly - PRODUCTION! - SAMPLE PHOTO POSTED
« Reply #209 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 15:50:25 »
As I mentioned before, samples were sent to kwerkdenker for more accurate shots. He is way more experienced, is better equiped than me and is really really skillful with a camera.

Obviously, a photo and the real thing will never be 1:1, for a number of reasons.
The reason I am posting this is to give an indicator of how the samples turned out, and I think a lot of people are curious and think it's fun!

Huge shout out to kwerkdenker for assisting me with this!

Someone in my discord asked me if I am happy with this. The honest answer is no, I always strive for 1:1 perfection, which just wasn't possible the way this GB turned out where we had to scavenge for new RALs.
I am disappointed in myself for letting that happen and my offer of course still stands to buy back everyones kit if they are not satisfied.

What I confidently can say though, this is the closest we will get with the RAL catalogue at our disposal. I still believe it represents GMK Firefly well and hope you will feel the same way.
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 July 2020, 15:52:40 by Emir »

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #210 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 15:54:43 »
Looks ace!

Offline pott

« Reply #211 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 17:27:42 »
100% or not, those are just very pleasant shades to look at. I'm very much still looking forward to the end-result; thanks for the update!

Offline Kings

« Reply #212 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 17:53:40 »
So sad I missed the initial GB and extras.

Offline DetectiveNio

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 18:58:35 »
I don't mind Firefly R2 with more accurate colors

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 15 July 2020, 20:40:22 »
100% or not, those are just very pleasant shades to look at.

agreed

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 09:35:16 »

You've not missed out on extras!

Offline Kings

« Reply #216 on: Thu, 16 July 2020, 11:15:24 »

You've not missed out on extras!

Really? Then I need to make sure I keep an eye on this. Thanks for letting me know!

Offline Laui_2000

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 20 July 2020, 20:40:52 »

Sorry to belabour the point, could I just check when the expected shipping date is?

Offline falzm

« Reply #218 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 06:39:33 »
Hi, any ETA on the production?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 06:40:59 »
Sorry I have not received any eta yet. I will push to see if I can get an estimate this week!

Offline steinerlein

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 14:58:17 »
Hi, did you get an update from GMK?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 23:28:57 »
Hi, did you get an update from GMK?

Not yet, I sent a few reminders last week and this week to try and get an estimate of production time line :/ will let everyone know as soon as I hear back

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 20:40:08 »
I personally think the samples look fantastic. Would rather see the blue than have it look black, for sure. The saturation on all the colors looks real nice too, and the orange stands out slightly more than the others, just like in the renders.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #223 on: Mon, 31 August 2020, 12:00:47 »
Moving fast now. Sets are shipped to vendors and I will receive my set TOMORROW. I asked to inspect sets before shipments, but never got word back regarding this and it's shipped out already.

I haven't looked at it yet, but those who have say it looks like the renders. Will see when I get mine, as well as any deviations in regards to quality.

Will update. :)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Firefly - Shipping to vendors -
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 15:58:01 »
Received and mounted!

It does look like Firefly, and I am happy with it given the circumstances. With that said, it is not perfect or 1:1.
In my discord there are some inaccurate photos I took and shared, but this set is too hard to capture for a newbie like me (this is why I had samples sent to kwerk).

This means others will also likely struggle to capture it properly. If you do decide to share a photo, please write a line or two about what you think about the set too (IRL). Thank you! :)

EDIT; this set also has spacebar warps to some degree and I am on it. Will update when I know more.
Also, I noticed no legends with my set that are particularly out of line, like scroll or print that have been surfacing. There are a lot of keys to examine and I didn't go through each and every single key carefully yet. Please do make notes if you come across something!
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 September 2020, 16:01:55 by Emir »

Offline despairsray

« Reply #225 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 16:16:40 »
Received and mounted!

It does look like Firefly, and I am happy with it given the circumstances. With that said, it is not perfect or 1:1.
In my discord there are some inaccurate photos I took and shared, but this set is too hard to capture for a newbie like me (this is why I had samples sent to kwerk).

This means others will also likely struggle to capture it properly. If you do decide to share a photo, please write a line or two about what you think about the set too (IRL). Thank you! :)

EDIT; this set also has spacebar warps to some degree and I am on it. Will update when I know more.
Also, I noticed no legends with my set that are particularly out of line, like scroll or print that have been surfacing. There are a lot of keys to examine and I didn't go through each and every single key carefully yet. Please do make notes if you come across something!

Glad to hear that everything turned out great. Are you still considering taking back sets that people want to cancel that you mentioned before? I am still interesting in getting one, regardless of any imperfections it may have. Thanks again!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 01 September 2020, 16:46:08 »
Received and mounted!

Glad to hear that everything turned out great. Are you still considering taking back sets that people want to cancel that you mentioned before? I am still interesting in getting one, regardless of any imperfections it may have. Thanks again!

Yes of course, if someone would like a refund because it isn't what they expected, I'll buy it back no questions asked

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Firefly - Shipping to CUSTOMERS -
« Reply #227 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 14:21:24 »

Here's the best I can do, and it still does not give an accurate representation of the set. View it IRL! :)

Offline kabocha

« Reply #228 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 17:40:52 »
Looks great Emir! Looking forward to receiving it in person.

Offline jay6889

« Reply #229 on: Wed, 02 September 2020, 22:40:07 »
Oh man it looks great,
Can’t wait for this !

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #230 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 03:18:09 »
Info for US customers:
Kono was sent the sets by sea, it will be about a month at least before they can start shipping these out. :'( These are some rough times!

Offline nightgyr

« Reply #231 on: Thu, 03 September 2020, 21:35:39 »
hey folks, if anyone here is unhappy with their base kit, I will be happy to take it off your hands, just let me know. Thanks!

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 04:04:41 »
hey folks, if anyone here is unhappy with their base kit, I will be happy to take it off your hands, just let me know. Thanks!

Nothing to be unhappy about here. Looks spectacular!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #233 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 04:45:42 »

Show Image

wow
<3

Offline Tyler

• hhkb >
« Reply #234 on: Fri, 04 September 2020, 10:45:38 »

Show Image

That looks, amazing. Super excited for this one.

Offline Mekberg

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 06:36:09 »
Oh damn, looks like my Dots will get some stiff competition for the honorary place on my white Polaris :D

Offline missionkale

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 20:57:30 »
Would there be extras up for grabs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JueVioleGrace

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 22:20:41 »
There are plenty extras tho

- Emir on firefly's discord channel

Offline maxohmax

« Reply #238 on: Sat, 05 September 2020, 23:42:33 »
I can't stop thinking about this set sighh, if anyone decides to let one of these go, please lmk!
Tofu | Vega 65* | Rama Kara*
KAT Mizu* | GMK Shan Shui*

Offline falzm

« Reply #239 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 04:14:19 »
Wow, has the set finished production by GMK and is it actually being shipped to vendors/proxies?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #240 on: Sun, 06 September 2020, 06:06:07 »
Wow, has the set finished production by GMK and is it actually being shipped to vendors/proxies?

Yes, eu customers are receiving theirs right now.

Extras are plenty for each vendor, but kono sold most of theirs as pre order. They got about 30-40 extras left.

Offline nightgyr

« Reply #241 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 04:12:23 »

where? point me in the right direction to buy!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #242 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 01:13:25 »

where? point me in the right direction to buy!

Here's the link to my discord if you meant that, but they aren't sold anywhere yet:
https://discord.gg/MwVTg2E

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #243 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 10:59:48 »
Some guys were messing around making firefly IDE themes, so I extended it to full 8 colors:

Code: [Select]
! special
*.foreground:   #ccada3
*.background:   #1a2b3c
*.cursorColor:  #ccada3

! black
*.color0:       #31363c
*.color8:       #31363c

! red
*.color1:       #e09887
*.color9:       #e09887

! green
*.color2:       #7e9674
*.color10:      #7e9674

! yellow
*.color3:       #e0c692
*.color11:      #e0c692

! blue
*.color4:       #637d96
*.color12:      #637d96

! magenta
*.color5:       #918aa5
*.color13:      #918aa5

! cyan
*.color6:       #8aa59f
*.color14:      #8aa59f

! white
*.color7:       #c8b1ac
*.color15:      #c8b1ac

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #244 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 02:19:39 »
I didn't know what to think because images on the internet have sent mixed signals whether the colors are matching or not. I have now received my set and I must say that colors are completely fine. If there hadn't been any drama on the colormatching I would have never doubted that these are the correct colors. No issues at all - came out all nice!

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
« Reply #245 on: Thu, 01 October 2020, 21:10:52 »
I didn't know what to think because images on the internet have sent mixed signals whether the colors are matching or not. I have now received my set and I must say that colors are completely fine. If there hadn't been any drama on the colormatching I would have never doubted that these are the correct colors. No issues at all - came out all nice!

Accents looking more orange than I'd hoped. Reserving judgement till I get it in hand.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline jani80k

• In the hobby for a good time.
« Reply #246 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 06:45:24 »
Accents looking more orange than I'd hoped. Reserving judgement till I get it in hand.

they are not that orange. my white balance is a bit off in that shot. you can also see that by looking at the supposedly white keycaps of gmk minimal which have a yellowish sheen to them.
the accents are less saturated and less yellow in person.

Offline honoka

« Reply #247 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 00:47:15 »
got my set. it basically looks like i expected. much happy.
see ya nerds

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 05:49:37 »
Received my set today. Stunning!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord