Author Topic: Anywhere to buy PBT Colemak printed key caps?  (Read 3587 times)

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
Anywhere to buy PBT Colemak printed key caps?
« on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 00:32:33 »
Is there anywhere I could get a set of PBT key caps with legends printed for Colemak (not-Qwerty)? Other than ordering a custom set from Signature Plastics which likely isn't feasible I don't think i have much luck, do I? Any place that does custom PBT key caps for a reasonable price? I've already got a custom set of ABS Colemak printed keys from WASD Keyboards but was looking to try PBT. Might just have to go for a blank set otherwise.
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline bloodygood

« Reply #1 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 00:37:05 »
The people over at Signature Plastics are actually very nice and would probably be able to quote you a really good price. Just be sure to be very professional in your request. They were more than willing to help me with a request to get nice clear caps with a matte finish on all sides.
Current collection: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown, IBM Model M, Happy Hacking Keyboard Lite II, Dell AT101W.
Looking for: IBM Model M SpaceSaver, HHKB Topre keychain. >> Feedback Thread

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 02:13:22 »
you might be able to have WASD etch or engrave a blank set. he need some extra key to calibrate his laser though so you may have to buy 2 sets so her has enough keys.

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 26 October 2011, 07:22:36 »
Quote from: bloodygood;439560
The people over at Signature Plastics are actually very nice and would probably be able to quote you a really good price. Just be sure to be very professional in your request. They were more than willing to help me with a request to get nice clear caps with a matte finish on all sides.

Guess I'll give that a shot. Can you give a ballpark figure for cost based on your experience?
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox