geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Theseus75 | New Year, New Colors

<< < (11/13) > >>

haversnail:

--- Quote from: Xoloitzcuintli on Tue, 02 May 2023, 15:40:06 ---Ahh I see. Unfortunate as this board seems really incredibly amazing, but I don’t think I could get by without 2+ XT columns, but my layout needs are really specific. I’m not sure having a blocker really solves the issue as I feel like it would make the board look even more unbalanced than 2 XT columns would. I also think the popularity of designs like the SP-111 shows people are open to more keys on the left even if it “looks uneven” (which I don’t see), although I don’t know exactly the numbers on that. I feel like if I bought this, I’d end up ignoring the XT column, which just makes the board larger than it needs to be. I feel like it also takes away from using a separate macropad/numpad on the left because it’s taking up extra space without reason.

I think the Keebio Sinc nails the 75XT layout, and larger keyboard sizes don’t actually address it unless they have a lefty numpad since the issue is having more keys on the left rather than right. Dunno if I could justify a 4-500 USD art piece. I might be able to swing it with a macropad on the left for my macros, but then the single  column would bother me. I agree with FireWalker. 2/3XT or numpad is the way to go. 1 is purely aesthetics, although that does seem to be the primary intention, so it’s working as intended! No disrespect intended, still an amazing design others haven’t ventured to take a risk on. 75XT is my favorite layout

Still want to support for the uniqueness of the project, so we’ll see

--- End quote ---

None taken at all, I appreciate the suggestion! To be completely honest I've never used an XT layout before, so I'm probably missing out on some productivity boosts.

Though I will say, the idea of having a macropad/numpad on the left is interesting: with the USB hub feature, you could still technically daisy-chain a numpad off the Theseus (as long as both devices don't exceed 500 mA), which is something I plan on trying for my own setup as a southpaw/leftie. ;)

Dhom25:
Have you tried reaching out to Barret Creative? He made the wooden versions of Kiko's KL-90.

haversnail:
New photos and vendors added to OP!

Joining the team:

* EU: KEYGEM
* OCE: ALL CAPS
* PH: Zion Studios
* CN: zFrontier
In other news: first round of PCB prototypes are finished and have arrived! :D Still a few things to iron out between now and the next batch, but huge shout-out to @ebastler for his meticulous work there. Looking forward to sharing more photos soon!

Also: if you haven't already, feel free to join the Discord server for more detailed updates and discussions. Thanks all!

haversnail:

--- Quote from: Dhom25 on Sun, 11 June 2023, 09:35:17 ---Have you tried reaching out to Barret Creative? He made the wooden versions of Kiko's KL-90.

--- End quote ---

I have actually, but I think given the complexity of the case and the handmade processes he uses, it wouldn't be tenable for him to be able to mass-produce something like this. Maybe a good idea for a LE run though!

QWER|key:
This is really nice, and may even tempt me to get another split.  Colours are great too. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version