Author Topic: Chaotic Engineering Preliminary Design Input Thread  (Read 2964 times)

Offline ChaoticEngineering

Chaotic Engineering Preliminary Design Input Thread
« on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 19:26:47 »
So, I've run out of ideas, and would love to get input on what people would like to see designed. Mainly, I want to see what the market wants and where I should direct my attention. Thank you all for any and all interest, and I look forward to seeing what I will be working on next! I will attach a few of my previous and/or work in progress projects, along with an input form below!

-Chaotic Engineering

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoHgjM7k74pciwgRt2pA44HIgSJaAs3USH0E37pVAHmZ-toA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Offline Lyle88

Re: Chaotic Engineering Preliminary Design Input Thread
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 19:37:44 »
I have been waiting forever for a simple, 60%+numpad high profile case. Fixed layout with split left shift and split right shift, no arrows between the numpad and 60. Standard 4*5 numpad layout with 2u 0, enter and + keys.

I know the fixed layout will probably never happen, but that's what I'm after. -no gaps between the two sections like on the vortex vibe either.

I'm a basic kinda guy

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 20:16:56 »
Interesting designs and nice renders, but maybe this would be better suited for the Making Stuff Together forum?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline fireworm

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 20:19:19 »
I'm a little confused, have you only designed these, not made them?

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 20:22:47 »
I'm a little confused, have you only designed these, not made them?

Hey! A few of these I have made, but between me sending them to the people who have commissioned them, or my own personal mistakes, I really only kept the renders.

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 20:24:18 »
Interesting designs and nice renders, but maybe this would be better suited for the Making Stuff Together forum?

I figured since I would be gathering interest, and then designing something personally, it may have been better suited for this! If it becomes apparent more people would rather contribute, I could easily move this thread to Making Stuff Together.

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 20:25:51 »
I have been waiting forever for a simple, 60%+numpad high profile case. Fixed layout with split left shift and split right shift, no arrows between the numpad and 60. Standard 4*5 numpad layout with 2u 0, enter and + keys.

I know the fixed layout will probably never happen, but that's what I'm after. -no gaps between the two sections like on the vortex vibe either.

I'm a basic kinda guy

That definitely sounds like a clean nice design. The split left shift would be the only part I imagine people would have issues with should there be a fixed layout, as (myself not included) a lot of people hit the right side of the left shift, which is why ISO bothers so many people.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 21:39:10 »

I'm a basic kinda guy

That definitely sounds like a clean nice design. The split left shift would be the only part I imagine people would have issues with should there be a fixed layout, as (myself not included) a lot of people hit the right side of the left shift, which is why ISO bothers so many people.
I wouldn't even mind if the FN key was to the left of the left shift. I just want it there so I could set my right hand home row keys to arrows. Can't live without arrows entirely

Offline maximize

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 09:40:23 »
If you want to gauge market interest, read through forum posts and watch how well group buys are performing.

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 09:42:17 »
I would love to see more custom high end split cases enter the market. I don't know how well it would take though.