Author Topic: [GB] J-02 60% GB 100% Complete - All GB Boards Shipped  (Read 51135 times)

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
Re: [GB] J-02 60% GROUP BUY STARTS AT 10AM EST Worldwide
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 04:45:07 »
i would have got one if it was a 65 looks soooo good

I am working on some other projects - 65% isn’t one of them atm, but full details are on my discord (link in the op)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline hkiri

Re: [GB] J-02 60% GROUP BUY STARTS AT 10AM EST Worldwide
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 05:35:20 »
Damn, all of the Asia and US boards have been sold. Good thing im in EU. Not getting in on this would`ve broken my heart.

Us and Asia sold out very quickly (2 mins for all 100 in USA)

EU was expected to take a little longer and did as you couldn’t complete checkout unless you had an EU address. If that had been open I suspect they would have sold just as fast as US

Really glad we (EU) had our own stock that was basically untouchable for outsiders. It's always so hard for FCFS GBs with a single source when you have to compete with the huge keeb community in the US. Would be great if this is something we will see more often in the future. And not for EU only, just region locked stocks at regional vendors in general.

Offline zqs1qiwan

• Dreams need money
Re: [GB] J-02 60% GB Done - Moving towards Production
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 23:56:20 »
will it be possible to have 64 layout with direction?

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 02:16:24 »
Only with custom PCB and custom plate. Neither the PCB nor the plates (ISO, ANSI).

But why don't you use mod_tap?

right Shift: RSFT_T(KC_UP)
right Win: RGUI_T(KC_LEFT)
right Menu/Fn: LT(1, KC_DOWN)
right Ctrl: RCTL_T(KC_RGHT)

Pressing right Shift/Win/Fn/Ctrl alone will act as pressing up/left/down/right arrow, pressing right Shift/Win/Fn/Ctrl with another key will act as Shift/Win/Fn/Ctrl modifier.

Offline beekey

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 02:59:24 »
Will the vendors reach out and ask about color and layout? There was no option while ordering. (mykeyboad n my case)

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 03:11:52 »
Will the vendors reach out and ask about color and layout? There was no option while ordering. (mykeyboad n my case)

MyKeyboard: there is a form on the product page.

CannonKeys: Upas sent an email.

ILUMKB: I don't know.

Offline beekey

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 04:42:23 »

MyKeyboard: there is a form on the product page.

CannonKeys: Upas sent an email.

ILUMKB: I don't know.

Thanks a lot, missed the link on that page.

Offline zqs1qiwan

• Dreams need money
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 10:18:59 »
Only with custom PCB and custom plate. Neither the PCB nor the plates (ISO, ANSI).

But why don't you use mod_tap?

right Shift: RSFT_T(KC_UP)
right Win: RGUI_T(KC_LEFT)
right Menu/Fn: LT(1, KC_DOWN)
right Ctrl: RCTL_T(KC_RGHT)

Pressing right Shift/Win/Fn/Ctrl alone will act as pressing up/left/down/right arrow, pressing right Shift/Win/Fn/Ctrl with another key will act as Shift/Win/Fn/Ctrl modifier.

That's a good workaround tho, but some time I just need to press left/right for long. emm like while watching video?
thx for ur suggestion anyway

Offline dmatx1

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 16 February 2020, 05:43:30 »
That's a good workaround tho, but some time I just need to press left/right for long. emm like while watching video?
thx for ur suggestion anyway

Press right Ctrl, release right Ctrl (the keyboard will send a single Right keydown event), press right Ctrl immediately again and keep it down, and your keyboard will send Right keydown events continuously until you release the key.

Offline subluxe

• サブラックス
    • https://subluxe.ca/
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 19 March 2020, 03:07:17 »
Me and my girlfriend both ended up getting one. Super excited to see them :D Limited & Standard

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
Re: [GB] J-02 60% GB Done - In Production
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 07:56:52 »
For those interested here is the build stream of the J-02 Production Sample, this is the first board off the production line with some QoL improvements to the original prototyped design.

ChangeLog as follows:

• Moved to self adhesive gaskets - significantly simpler, easier and more robust to install
  • Alignment tabs added to the base case and brass mid layer to make alignment significantly easier
  • Brass mid layer now has 4 screw points to the top layer, to ensure no bowing of the board along the front and rear edges where the gasket is under pressure
  • Revised PCB from Upas
  • Pen rail has changed from magnet mount to screw mount - this is due to a couple of reasons, 1) risk of damage in transport (a prototype with mag mount pen rail shipped locally had the pen rail drop out of the board scuffing the brass due to taking a significant hit in transit, 2) the magnet manufacturer has gone out of business,
  • An example of the hard case was displayed (similar to those shipped with the TMO50v2 and Iron165SE from Cannon Keys

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 20:14:58 »
Awesome design Jae, the plate pressing cleanly into those gaskets looks so so satisfying. Sounds excellent too  :thumb:
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 06:38:03 »
Any updates?

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #63 on: Tue, 14 July 2020, 07:21:16 »
Any updates?

Currently in manufacturing. We made some tweaks I covered on stream and wanted to be 100% certain first. Upas from Cannon Keys is in constant coordination with the factory. Due to Covid etc we are looking like September currently. Upas posts regular updates on his site and discord as do I if you want to track updates more frequently. Or just tag me here. Always happy to post the latest

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
Re: [GB] J-02 60% GB Done - Shipping to Vendors + UPDATE
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 05:51:31 »
Hey folks, Wanted to make a quick announcement on the J-02 GB - There is both good news, and meh news to share...

Lets start with the good news:
All manufacturing has been finished and all vendors have the boards in transit to them! Some vendors already have them on hand (MyKeyboard have their allocation of Standard Editions on hand, and I have the Limited Edition ones I sold on hand. iLumKB and Upas have their boards on the way and should arrive within the next few weeks.

The 'Meh' news:
All Black and LE boards have been manufactured to spec. The Grey boards have been produced in a lighter shade of grey than we requested. I worked with the manu to adapt a colour to the grey prototype shown in pictures and on streams etc (same grey as the Lodestone base, J-01 base, and the J-02 Prototype). The manufacturer is not willing to refinish these boards (This is due to the fact that re-finishing can have a significant and detrimental impact on quality of the final finish of the aluminium parts), and has sent them to the vendors despite Upas trying his best to get them to resolve prior to shipping. You can see a picture below comparing the prototype finish top compared to the production board.

What does this mean?
Firstly - dont fear! We have some options and have taken some actions already.
All of the vendors have agreed to purchase additional units to be made in the correct Grey and Upas has arranged this with the manufacturer. This gives all grey J-02 buyers a choice. Either take the grey boards as they have been produced in the lighter grey shipping asap, OR, wait for the correct grey boards to be produced (targeting January as a manufacturing date). Each of the vendors will issue a form to their Grey J-02 customers so they can make an informed choice.
The boards that are left over of either the light grey or the correct grey will then be sold as extras at the vendors discretion.

I know this is not what people expected, and I am really sorry to have to share this news. The lighter grey actually looks spectacular, but its not the colour I envisioned and as such I offer my humblest apologies for any buyer affected. If anyone wants to discuss this with me - my DM's are open, although I cannot discuss Orders individually - these will need to be taken up with your vendor.

TL/DR:
Grey boards made in too light of a Grey - Manufacturer won't replace/re-finish
Black and LE boards unaffected
Grey boards being re-manufactured in the correct colour
All Grey J-02 customers will have a choice - receive the lighter grey asap, or wait and get the darker grey

Edit:
Some albums of the colour differences:
Desk lighting - https://imgur.com/gallery/tnU3OkL
Warehouse Lighting - https://imgur.com/gallery/bYkvSbR
« Last Edit: Sat, 10 October 2020, 06:45:33 by Jae-3soteric »

Offline beekey

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 06:48:13 »

TL/DR:
Grey boards made in too light of a Grey - Manufacturer won't replace/re-finish
Black and LE boards unaffected
Grey boards being re-manufactured in the correct colour
All Grey J-02 customers will have a choice - receive the lighter grey asap, or wait and get the darker grey

I'm not effected, but big props for handling it like this. Gives me confidence in future GB by your team! :thumb:

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 10 October 2020, 07:25:35 »
I’ve seen the “wrong” grey in real life and can confirm it does look very good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 05:20:58 »
Glad to see a lot of the bards going out, with build streams, pics etc!!

Just a quick Update as well:

Thread wont be closed until after the replacement Grey boards have been manufactured and shipped -  this is well underway, and vendors will keep their buyers informed.

I've been asked a lot in the past week if there will be an R2 - the answer is not any time soon - vendors still need to resolve the grey units and sell the extras. That being said I have started to consider taking commissions, and one colourway is already in development.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
Re: [GB] J-02 60% GB 100% Complete - All GB Boards Shipped
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 08:47:06 »
All GB Boards have now been shipped and GB is officially complete. Many thanks to those that purchased a board and tagged me on Discord / Insta to show it off.

Commissions for J-02 are now open and the GB for the Blackout edition is coming soon....

Offline Tiff0

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 07 June 2021, 13:04:24 »
Excellent! I was so bummed when extras sold out on Cannonkeys in less than five minutes...

Offline r00dy

• like it, buy it. don't like it, don't buy it
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 22:11:41 »
All GB Boards have now been shipped and GB is officially complete. Many thanks to those that purchased a board and tagged me on Discord / Insta to show it off.

Commissions for J-02 are now open and the GB for the Blackout edition is coming soon....

I might've missed this but where exactly does one inquire about commissions and commission pricing? Thanks

Offline KeebOnMe

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 22:54:08 »

I might've missed this but where exactly does one inquire about commissions and commission pricing? Thanks

Not sure if they are still taking commissions but it's worth a shot!
https://prototypist.net/blogs/updates/weekly-update-21st-may-2021