Author Topic: Welcome new members!  (Read 793262 times)

Offline En_Ex

Re: Welcome new members!
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 18:33:48 »
A few days ago, I bought a Realforce 87u 55g.

There's no going back now. Also hi.

Offline sy1375

« Reply #701 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 18:46:52 »
Hello,

I am glad that I joined this website. As a newbie in keyboard world I need your help to give me some guidance for my keyboard. I have a mechanical keyboard and I want to change the keycaps so I can use dvorak layout. I searched and I find out only DSA keycaps can help me. I was wondering if you could give some more ideas and where I can buy them. Thank you very much

Offline sa_penguin

« Reply #702 on: Sun, 05 February 2017, 04:23:32 »
Hi, new member here. Still bemused at how a simple quest has become an expensive ongoing problem.

I started with a Raspberry Pi. Aren't they wonderful? And so cheap! So, of course I have bought one. And Beaglebones, Teensy (assorted versions), etc...
Spread all around the house, and friends houses, doing assorted automated magic.
Unfortunately, every now and then, one needs a quick update. Or code needs to be edited. And I'm facing the prospect of either transplanting a functional device, or bringing several thousand dollars worth of laptop into the garden to debug a sprinkler irrigation system.

What I need is: a dumb terminal. Cheaper than a laptop, and smaller too. Should be simple, right? Look at all these 60% keyboards. Heck, there are web pages where they use disgustingly tiny keyboard / screen combinations: a basic 60% layout should be cheap and easy to find, right?

That was a while back. I'm still debating whether to build my own, or just buy something. The idea of sacrificing another Teensy, in order to build something that talks to a Teensy, seems... incestuous. However, it gives me more options when it comes to the second half of my design issues - an appropriate screen.

I'm currently looking at ultra-widescreen designs, around 10 - 12 inch. Screens of this size come INCREDIBLY close to matching the dimensions of a 60% keyboard.
I'm curious: has anyone else matched an ultra-widescreen LCD to a 60% keyboard, to make a small terminal?

Offline xrispies

« Reply #703 on: Fri, 10 February 2017, 12:54:41 »
Haro, xrispies here. I've graduated from a K70 (MX Reds) to a diverge II (MX Browns) and am now aspiring to build a Planck with 67g Zealios. Eagerly awaiting the massdrop GB for Planck components and resisting the urge to buy direct because zealios r5 gb is going to take a while anyway.

Offline lasermild

« Reply #704 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 13:47:57 »
Happy to join here.
Looking forward to getting custom keyboard to be paired with mito xda keycap.

Offline clmntyne

« Reply #705 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 08:44:28 »
Hi, glad to become a member and happy I found this very informative and addictive site.

Offline XyberYogi

• Xyber Guard
« Reply #706 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 21:31:52 »
Hello everyone! Glad to be part of this community. I discovered this website while researching about Topre keyboards, I want to get my hands on one and after reading several posts here, I ended up buying the REALFORCE RGB, I should be receiving it tomorrow. Additionally, I would like to mod it (hyperspere and keycaps) - Also, I ended up signing for Massdrop to get the GMK Plum keycaps. Now I am also looking into replacing the USB cable with Pexon Realforce cable! I have a feeling that I will be spending a lot of time on Geekhack! Cheers!
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 February 2017, 22:11:11 by XyberYogi »

Offline teeseeuu

« Reply #707 on: Sun, 26 February 2017, 22:03:04 »
Finally decided to join after a lengthy lurking period. Looking forward to learning a lot more.

Offline justforfun

« Reply #708 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 01:01:05 »
Hi all,

I'm new here. I'm a web/mobile app developer, I use apple wireless keyboard and built-in keyboard in my mbp everyday - I mean, everyday. I don't work using emacs or vim, unless accessing ssh, I do my work with Sublime Text (and xcode and android studio) and occasionally iA Writer.

Yesterday I took the plunge and ordered Magic Force 68 with Cherry MX White Switch (was afraid to live without arrow keys) and even before the goods arrive I am considering to return it and have a pok3r instead, telling myself to try living without arrow keys.

Anybody walked this path before?

Offline ashwinv11

• give me foog
« Reply #709 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 01:51:31 »
Hey ya'll! Came from /r/mechanicalkeyboards and now I'm deep into this hobby. I have a TX-75 with 78g Zealios at the office, it's such a joy to type on :) Looking forward to going deeper into this community!

Offline d_stilgar

« Reply #710 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 01:11:28 »
I hail from /r/mechanicalkeyboards after some people organizing a Philly meetup were alerted of KeyCon's location this year. I'm joining geekhack to hopefully contribute to KeyCon since I live in Philly and think it would be fun.

I have a Varmilo VB87M w/ Gateron Clears.

Offline XyberYogi

• Xyber Guard
« Reply #711 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 00:10:14 »
Here is my first attempt to disassemble, silencing and lubing my new REALFORCE RGB and HHKB PRO 2!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 March 2017, 00:15:00 by XyberYogi »

Offline Averrin

« Reply #712 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 13:53:49 »
Hi, im another reddit user=)

Now i has two Microsoft Sculpt. Its nice, but i want something… more geeky.
Im waiting for Ultimate Hacking Keyboard. It was delayed for two month 3 times. A couple days ago i ordered Ergodox DIY kit.
So, you see, i love ergonomic boards without backlights.

And some pics here:

Waiting for Ergodox DIY kit and UHKB (so long…)

Offline Valzaan

« Reply #713 on: Thu, 06 April 2017, 14:27:50 »
Hi all, I have been lurking for a little while and figured I should introduce myself.  I learned about mechanical keyboards a few years ago but did not realize how deep the rabbit hole went until a couple of months ago when I was introduced to Massdrop.  My first mechanical was a K95 RGB and I recently bought a Majestouch 2 in white, both with Cherry browns.  I love the custom keycaps and I look forward to starting a collection of those in the future.  At the moment I am trying to learn about all of the different switches, keycap styles, and layouts.  I am also interested in buying a 60% or 65% board to use at work.  I am leaning towards a Pok3r or White Fox at the moment.  I want something that I can swap the keycaps on as well so I think I am going to stick with Cherry switches instead of going with Topre. I look forward to join in on some chats in the future, see ya then!
K95 RGB Cherry Brown, Filco Majestouch 2 Cherry Brown

Offline Zip68

• "I'm sorry Dave,I'm afraid I can't do that."
« Reply #714 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 23:12:29 »
Hello all, I've known about mechanical keyboards for ever,just never really gave them a second thought. Now that I've I can't stop buying things mech keyboard related. Within a month and a half or so I've purchased a CM Pro L(MX RD's),Drevo Gramr 84(Zorro BN's) and a Drevo Excalibur(MX BN's). Plus several keycaps sets from ducky ABS to double-shot PBT,specialty keys both ABS & aluminum. At anyrate I plan to purchase either the Leopold FC660M or the KBD75 soon. The 65% to 75% layout is where its at for me right now anyway. I look forward to learning with and from you guys.
Get busy living OR Get busy dying...

Offline ingeniousmonkey

• Custom RGB backlit mechanical keyboards
« Reply #715 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 04:48:34 »
Glad to come here. Hi, everyone

Offline Molly

« Reply #716 on: Mon, 17 April 2017, 22:06:49 »
I need to buy more keybaords to follow your step.

Offline digisax

« Reply #717 on: Wed, 19 April 2017, 21:07:32 »
I finally decided to build my own board, so now I'm here. Hello
niu mini - R2 T1s, MT3 Dev/TTY

Offline feargambit

• "Let the cards fall where they may"
« Reply #718 on: Fri, 21 April 2017, 16:26:04 »
New to the keyboarding world. Have some co workers that have pulled me into this massive world of keyboards and caps. Looking forward to learning more. 

Offline engra

« Reply #719 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 11:59:45 »
Hi! Just joined, only have 2 keyboards atm with a few artisan caps but i hope to join the mighty ranks with you folks!

Offline Shinieruu

« Reply #720 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 12:37:00 »
Hi there! I have been using mechanical keyboards for a few years and now i'm here. I like clicky and compact keyboards. c:

Offline digisax

« Reply #721 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 22:56:29 »
Hi there! I have been using mechanical keyboards for a few years and now i'm here. I like clicky and compact keyboards. c:

If you like clicky you should look into Gatistotle (Gaterons housing, spring, and leaf, Aristotly stem) switches and clicky blue Alps, both are really really good.
niu mini - R2 T1s, MT3 Dev/TTY

Offline Shinieruu

« Reply #722 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 17:09:05 »
I've heard about them, it's interesting to buy a keyboard to try out. Thanks for advice.

Offline hernianrunner

« Reply #723 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 21:30:09 »
I joined a new one.
Don't eat me.

Offline Nizkeyboard

• nizkeyboard
« Reply #724 on: Wed, 05 July 2017, 21:48:15 »
haha,so happy to join the big family about the keyboard.
I am ready to spend my money to get more good keyboard,also want to sell our Plum keyboard,because that's a good keyboard I am using,haha.

Offline Frankly

« Reply #725 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 20:37:35 »
Hi everyone I am Frankly and working for a company developing applications called http://appnaz.com and i have been managed for a page: http://faceappapk.online/ Nice ot meet you and i expect you will help me in this forum !!!

Offline Ali-Pacha

« Reply #726 on: Sun, 23 July 2017, 15:37:34 »
Hi, new here, entering the world of mechanical keyboards  ;D
Corsair K70 Mx Brown, did a good job despite 2-3 keys pinging, now sold
Varmilo VA109M (MX Clear) with structural ringing issues...I'll post more on the right section ;)
Ducky Channel One (PBT / MX Brown) perfectly working
Beginning a collection...maybe !

Ali

Offline TheGreatInty

« Reply #727 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 03:56:57 »
Hi all,

I just got my first board off  /r/mechmarket.  It is a leopold with brown switches.  I hopefully will learn more and want to build my own one day. 

Inty

Offline glack23

« Reply #728 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 03:23:13 »
new member, was more active on reddit. got my first board whitefox ;)

Offline Nix

« Reply #729 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 01:35:04 »
Hello everyone, been lurking on the forum for a year or more, just recently decided to make an account and start contributing.

Hoping to start making some artisans for you guys soon as well, love the mix of science and art it has.

Offline derparoni_and_cheese

« Reply #730 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 11:11:37 »
Thanks for the welcome info, been a member of reddits MM scene for about three years so I know how expensive this darn hobby can be, but it's also a very great group to be a part of!

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #731 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 11:25:12 »
Hello there everyone!  I am a mech keyboard noob but have wanted one for a long time and after my recent office overhaul I decided to treat myself.  Bought a sweet WhiteFox with Zealios and SIPed LEDs off the MechMarket and it should be here Friday!  So now I'm on here reading up on tech and stalking Artisan and cool keyset GB threads.

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #732 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 17:14:51 »
I got my first Mech Keyboard a month ago, three keyboards and numerous other stuff later I have decided to join the mothership. Just in time to build my first board. Happy to be on board(I am considering this is clever)

Offline Bits

« Reply #733 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 15:54:05 »
Hey all, pretty new myself. Mainly came here for the delicious etf sales and to keep up on some of my fav artisan makers ;)

Offline AnyKeyboard

« Reply #734 on: Wed, 23 August 2017, 03:14:39 »
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. Feel good to know a place to talk about keyboards.

Currently have a total of 7 keyboards (mech & membrane)  ;D

Offline mjcr

« Reply #735 on: Mon, 11 September 2017, 18:50:54 »
Hi All,

Very new to mechanical keyboards, but excited to learn more. I'm an editor writer and have no technical skills, but recently got into typewriters, then bought a Freewrite which (seems) to have a great mechanical keyboard. Now shopping for a mechanical keyboard for writing/typing on my Mac, as the Bluetooth Apple keyboard is driving me bonkers. I've just bought a second hand Apple A1048 to tide me over, but I don't need the number pad. Any advice on a where to get the best wired UK layout mechanical, off the shelf or custom, will be greatly received!

Cheers!

Offline OKpng

« Reply #736 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 04:10:17 »
Hey there!

Really excited to be a part of this community-  Mainly here to spot good keycap designs to grab in the future!

I currently own two MKBs, The CoolerMaster Masterkeys Pro S and a Varmilo VB87M, both in Cherry MX Blues.

Offline Satanarchist

« Reply #737 on: Mon, 16 October 2017, 10:32:41 »
Hello all! Just got my first board (Tada 68) and I'm sure it'll be a first of many. Happy to be a part of this community and love all the keycaps and photos you guys have going!

Offline Winterbeast

« Reply #738 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 00:40:23 »
Hello.
I was recommended to this board after seeing a guy I know do a custom keyboard. He calls his a Zo64, and he is a mac user. I am a wintel user, so I will want one for non-mac style of computer. I also will want advice to make a keyboard for a Raspberry Pi, as I have just become aware of some of the things that can be done with them, the leading example there being a wear on your wrist appointment reminder. I imagine a small keyboard for such a thing would lead to a wearable tablet style computer. I hope I am in the right place for all this, My first keyboard was a Focus 2001, I miss it and would love another one....

Offline bminhz

« Reply #739 on: Sun, 22 October 2017, 19:21:05 »
Hi all,
I got hooked on mechanical keyboards after seeing a video of whitefox keyboard on YouTube and since then I have never looked back. I signed up here with hopes to get some kickass boards and keysets.

When I finally got a grab of the awesome M65-a I knew this would be a place for me to be

Offline nativejibroney22

• I enjoy keyboards as well as making artisans
« Reply #740 on: Thu, 02 November 2017, 22:15:25 »
Hello everyone!
Not really new, been on r/mk for over a year now but I have only really been on here for the artisan stuff. Maybe will start to understand this site more!

Offline ste_c

« Reply #741 on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 19:39:26 »
Hi. I’m Ste obviously. Bought my first mech keyboard earlier in the year off Amazon (Poker 3) and have been desperate to get some custom caps for it. Somehow keep missing the full sets on Massdrip which seem to go ultra fast. Hoping by joining this community I’ll get a chance at landing a sweet set and also get more into Mech keyboards.

Thanks for having me here.

Offline gak1234

[pwnd by Massdrop]
« Reply #742 on: Sat, 04 November 2017, 22:35:18 »
[pwnd by Massdrop]
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:00:28 by gak1234 »

Offline lorento

• The Eye Key
    • https://www.facebook.com/TheEyeKey/
« Reply #743 on: Sun, 05 November 2017, 23:57:04 »
hello everybody, i'm a new member of geehack, i'm a keycaps artisan from The Eye Key, i wish to bring the satisfaction to the keycaps players... :-* :-* :-*
Do something for your keyboard
Artisan of The Eye Key
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheEyeKey/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theeyekey/
Discord: https://discord.gg/ey7Enr8sWc

Offline SLAMURAI

« Reply #744 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 20:12:46 »
I have been building custom PCs for a living for over 17 years, so over that time i have bought a lot of keyboards. Currently I own two CMStorm QuickFire TK keyboards, one with cherry browns and white LEDs and one with Cherry reds and red LEDs. I aslo own an original Corasir Vengeance K70 natural silver with reds, a Corsair K95 with Cherry blues , Corsair K70 RGB with Cherry reds and a Corsair K65 LUX RGB with reds. Plus they all have custom key caps. I have found that I really like Cherry blacks and or Gateron blacks and 60% keybaords, so I decided to build my own. I have been coming to this site for years and finally decided to join. I have always loved custom keyboards but thought they were a little on the expensive side, then I realized I've spent over a $1000 on keyboards trying to find the one right for me. I can hardly wait to build my first 60%!! :D

Offline OverkillRed

« Reply #745 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 03:06:11 »
Hey all!

Just got back into the world of PC and now the world of mechanical keyboards!
Just went from MX to Topre and I'm loving it!

Offline Corgiattackkk

« Reply #746 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:33:25 »
Hey all! I was a long time lurker on /r/mechanicalkeyboards and typically browsed via iPad. I have to admit, I purchased my custom (and first) mechanical keyboard before I ordered my desktop computer. So far, I've purchased a 22mini.b from winkeyless, a custom cable from zapp! cables, and 5 artisans. Didn't know what I signed myself up for but I'm excited for the journey.  ;D Also, joined geekhack to see all the sweet artisan announcements.

Offline Birchall

« Reply #747 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 04:41:11 »
After using this site for about a year, gleaning info and resources from all you champion folk, I have decided to commit and join  ;D

Hello everyone!
Working on it!

Offline Winterheim

« Reply #748 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 01:40:59 »
Winterheim here. Been lurking for most of my stay here but been using mechanical keyboards consistently for some time now but never really bother to go deep until I joined these communities.

After several keyboard changes (currently on a 78-key custom layout), 7 artisans (which I hope will not grow further for the sake of my wallet and sanity), I'm saying to everyone.

I've got a custom Tada68 coming to satisfy my Zealio cravings and we'll see if I can cycle out my current keyboard for a different layer to keep the "Rule of Two".

« Reply #749 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 08:44:00 »
Hi!, I was here like a year ago but I doesn't post anything at all so here's my introduction. Nowadays I have 5 mechanical keyboards (tomorrow arrives the first of the year) and I really love everything related with this "world", my family and my friends really think that I'm a little mad with all of this cause I've spent a good amount of money and time on all of them. The keyboards that I have are not super-special or something like that; IBM M (ISO Spanish layout), Logitech G710+, Razer Blackwidow Chroma, Logitech 810 Orion Spectrum and the last one Tada68 (incoming). All the keyboards that I have goes with ISO cause it's the common layout on Spain; iso 105 to be clear except the tada68 that goes with the British layout

sorry if I make any mistake but I'm not acclimated to write post in English ^^'