geekhack Community > Off Topic

Women's clothing fitting

<< < (2/7) > >>

suicidal_orange:
Seller sent an offer of 33% off, I am now the proud owner of a bright pink jacket that may or may not fit :confused:

CaesarAZealad:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Sat, 23 July 2022, 16:10:17 ---Seller sent an offer of 33% off, I am now the proud owner of a bright pink jacket that may or may not fit :confused:

--- End quote ---
Welcome to the wonderful world of buying clothing online! It sucks, and nothing ever fits, but when it works... it's so not worth the cost.

suicidal_orange:

--- Quote from: CaesarAZealad on Sat, 23 July 2022, 18:27:36 ---Welcome to the wonderful world of buying clothing online! It sucks, and nothing ever fits, but when it works... it's so not worth the cost.
--- End quote ---
Hopefully you're wrong, I'm pretty normal size and shape so usually a chest measurement is enough to buy a top but that's mens clothes.

Worst case it was <$20 shipped so I can probably dye it black and sell it on for a profit, or just hold it until Winter when a girl wants to wear long sleeves.

Leslieann:

--- Quote from: CaesarAZealad on Sat, 23 July 2022, 14:52:35 ---Real talk, male to female clothing measurement conversions need to be more available.

--- End quote ---
Real, real talk..

Even women can't trust the measurements.
A size 4 from one manufacturer is a size 12 for another, even when they offer specific measurements they can be off quite a lot, and that's before you add in Chinese fake sizes.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: Leslieann on Sat, 23 July 2022, 21:28:27 ---
Chinese fake sizes.

--- End quote ---

I seldom buy clothes online but I found a couple of great T-shirts on ebay from China. I am a big guy and usually buy 2XL but an XL can fit if it is a generous cut.

My orders were for a 2XL and a 3XL (the largest that they offered) but when they arrived they were way too small. I could manage to get them on, but they were both far tighter than is comfortable to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version