geekhack Community > Off Topic

What are you listening to right now? [2.0]

<< < (1540/1542) > >>

noisyturtle:
this song is played out af to the point I hear it being bumped at a Safeway during mid-afternoon, BUT I still like the way it hits my ear. A lot of good tonal shifts, in that the beat doesn't drone on and bore you midway through like so many other played-out 'modern classics.'

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: noisyturtle on Tue, 21 May 2024, 03:51:09 ---this song is played out af to the point I hear it being bumped at a Safeway during mid-afternoon, BUT I still like the way it hits my ear. A lot of good tonal shifts, in that the beat doesn't drone on and bore you midway through like so many other played-out 'modern classics.'

--- End quote ---

this is a nostalgia hit, still a pretty good song too. I listened to their new album, not the biggest fan of edm but I still thought it was good. Would especially recommend if you like that style of music.

tp4tissue:
Got these cheapie Anker earbuds the noise canceling actually works. Takes almost all the rumbling noise off the Aeroplan.

mohawk1367:

Finally Rich is timeless.

Rhienfo:
Been listening to D'angelo's voodoo a lot. Such an incredible record from beginning to end. D'angelo's vocals are so passionate and smooth (just like the entire album), these instrumentals are very consistently good across the album but especially the percussion is so weighty and catchy to me (You combine questlove on the drums with the influence of J dilla apparently and that's a recipe for success) ,love how neo soul in general incorporates a lot of genres like jazz and hip hop (method man and redman are here too and on left and right they are so fun on that track) but here it feels like some of the best executions of these blends that neo soul is known for.

Would highly reccomend listening to it, probably one of my favourites of all time - Listen here

Also can I talk about the untitled (how does it feel) music video for second, is it really as sexual as people say it is. I see it as more of a intimate display, still involving the sexual aspect somewhat with those kinda weird body shots (actually that fits with that song really well...). Especially with D'Angelo's demeanor in that video I don't really get what the comments on the youtube reupload say it is. Regardless of that video it's such an incredible song.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version