Author Topic: Suggestions/your favorite backlit keyboard?  (Read 1027 times)

Offline WarNutts

Suggestions/your favorite backlit keyboard?
« on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 12:48:24 »
Hi everyone Im pretty new to mechanical keyboards.  I usually use it for gaming and typing up papers.  I currently own a filco with browns and I love it.

I'd like to get some suggestions from you guys about my next keyboard.  Im looking for a "new" feel, more compact, and preferably back lit.

Been looking at duckys, kbt pure/race maybe with blue switches, but I'm not to happy how loud they are. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: Thu, 14 March 2013, 12:51:35 by WarNutts »

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Re: Suggestions/your favorite backlit keyboard?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 12:54:09 »
Rosewill will be releasing their new RK 9200, it looks pretty nice considering it features dual LED back lighting.  If you find blues a little too noisy, you could always install O-ring sound dampeners to help reduce switch noise. 
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 12:54:59 »
Probably a pure with brown switches and o-ring mods? IIRC, mechanicalkeyboards should be getting a new shipment of Pures by the end of the month.

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 12:55:18 »
Ducky's are good to me.  I have two Ducky Shine I's and now the Ducky Shine 78.  Trying all the different switches really helped educate me to what each feels like and which ones I really like.

Blues are a very good switch and popular.  Light, tactile, and click make for a good combination.  I've used mine for over a year now, but I'm in the mood for Cherry Red's next.  Will probably be picking up one or two Ducky Shine II's with Red switches soon.

If loudness is a concern, Ducky is releasing a Cherry MX White board with white backlights.  Mechanical Keyboards website just listed it, but it's showing out of stock.  They may be anticipating some in.  You may want to send them an email about it.  Whites are tactile, slightly heavier than blue, but have a very soft click.  I think it's a fantastic switch!  I'm surprised it's not more popular, since it would be great for office use.

Offline Abacus1234

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 13:00:21 »
I don't have a Ducky, but I can tell you that the Quickfire TK has excellent backlighting and is just an excellent all around keyboard. You might take a look at it if you don't want to spend as much. But really at any price its a nice board.

Offline WarNutts

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 13:21:17 »
I want a white backlit keyboard badly haha, but i think that KBT pure with white LED and grey keys are super hard to find (im guesssing).

Thanks for all the suggestions so far :).

Offline Abacus1234

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 14:13:07 »
Logitech g710+ is a keyboard with nice white backlighting. If you get one, just make sure it's new stock. Some of the first generations had backlights that failed pretty quickly. I got one a couple of months ago, and I think its pretty solid keyboard. Has a lot of features that many probably don't need though. They only come in cherry mx brown. Some people also find them ugly, but I think they're alright. Pretty well made, too. Look into them.

Offline CeeSA

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 14 March 2013, 15:41:41 »
Deck 82 - if you like to mod  ;)

15679-0

Transparent Housing
Blue (change every switch spring from black to blue)
White LED (original LED's were all blue)
WASD and Esc red LED
Keycaps from TG3
Detachable USB

Alternativ I like a Race in white w/ white LED.