Author Topic: Enter key for Packard Bell/BTC 5130  (Read 1463 times)

Offline micmil

Enter key for Packard Bell/BTC 5130
« on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 16:17:51 »
I have one of these on the way and was considering preemptively ordering a new set of keycaps since there are several missing on the one I bought. Unfortunately I can't find any information on how the big-ass Enter key is stabilized on these things. They're MX mount, but that doesn't mean much with that key.

I'm really hoping the DSA Dolch set from kprepublic will mount up. Does anyone know offhand?

Offline Findecanor

Re: Enter key for Packard Bell/BTC 5130
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 16:31:16 »
The BTC 51xx-series dome-with-sliders keyboards have unique stabilisers that don't fit any keyboard/keycaps with stabilisers for Cherry MX. The wires clip into the case and slide in slits in the keycap: there are no stems or plastic clips.
The 2u keys don't even have stabiliser wires at all, only additional sliders on the sides.

In this picture of inside a BTC-5139, it looks like the "Big-Ass" Enter key is like an ANSI Enter key with a slider in the \ position.

The shape of the keycaps is very similar to DCS.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 February 2021, 16:38:30 by Findecanor »

Offline micmil

Re: Enter key for Packard Bell/BTC 5130
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 16:51:56 »
The BTC 51xx-series dome-with-sliders keyboards have unique stabilisers that don't fit any keyboard/keycaps with stabilisers for Cherry MX. The wires clip into the case and slide in slits in the keycap: there are no stems or plastic clips.
The 2u keys don't even have stabiliser wires at all, only additional sliders on the sides.

In this picture of inside a BTC-5139, it looks like the "Big-Ass" Enter key is like an ANSI Enter key with a slider in the \ position.

Dammit, I was looking at that pic earlier and I think I originally misinterpreted it ass-backwards as an ISO layout.

That looks like the same setup as the Steelseries 6Gv2. If that's the case, no worries. Taihao makes replacements. Even if that doesn't pan out I think I could probably rig up a dummy mounting point for a \ key above an ANSI Enter and be fine with it. I'll do some test fitting when it gets here. Thanks!