geekhack Community > Off Topic

Setting up a website with Godaddy

(1/2) > >>

CaesarAZealad:
Anybody use godaddy before? I just registered a domain and want to setup a website that's literally just a single image of a raccoon. Unfortunately their website and support is as predatory as **** and their website builder is a half baked abortion. Anyone with experience with these ****kickers know how to just upload a website/CSS file/HTTPS file to the domain I own?

Leslieann:
The more web development you do the more you realize that pretty much every website builder is half baked.
99% of websites are either a template or Wordpress which is a dumpster fire.

There's probably a file manager or FTP upload, just need to find where the settings for it are.

suicidal_orange:
I would hope there is an option for a background in even the worst website builder - can you just set that as your picture and do nothing else?

CaesarAZealad:

--- Quote from: suicidal_orange on Mon, 06 June 2022, 10:19:56 ---I would hope there is an option for a background in even the worst website builder - can you just set that as your picture and do nothing else?

--- End quote ---
I guess but that's not really what I wanted, I just wanted it centered in the middle of the screen. I'm talking to an actual web developer tho so he's laying out how to get this **** running for me.

granola bar enthusiast:
i used wix before, it was solid but you were stuck to the templates and it was difficult to get multiple different template features like scrollable extended pages onto different parts of a website. until someone makes an ultra-compatible, non cookie-driven website builder IMO its still worth it to just learn coding

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version