Author Topic: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed  (Read 135290 times)

Offline Sylvestyeo

Re: [GB] KKINGKKONG 660 Keyboard | closed
« Reply #400 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 03:59:36 »
Extracted from his Discord. The claims of bankruptcy are not unfounded.

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS09/04/2020
No. Please wait a moment. This is before uploading the current contents.
We have collected all of our shipments from the shipping agent and will be sending them all back within the next week. We are currently organizing related content.
There is a sequence of processing. Currently, it is 2am in Korea. The reason I'm still awake is to solve the unprocessed stuff.

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS09/04/2020
Yes. I know we are really much late. I am really sorry. There are many reasons, but rather than such excuses, we will try to resolve them quickly.

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS09/04/2020
The reason we had to take out additional loans is because the trial was delayed due to covid-19. Unfortunately, we can't reveal details of the lawsuit.
But we hired an attorney to do everything we could.'

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS09/04/2020
This is a photographic material for claiming damage compensation. Almost all wooden furniture was damaged by flooding. :man_facepalming:
This is an evidence photo for requesting damage compensation. Almost all wooden furniture was damaged by flooding.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I've asked if the production of boards are on track and if they will be produced regardless of the situation above which he has not responded. However he did share pictures on 15 Sep of some boards being produced (which addition questions as to when were this taken).

The whole process is sketchy and many allegations have been thrown.

On balance, yes delays of such nature is pretty common in GBs and particularly so in Covid times. However, his communication of the process with additional issues, and not updating on the initial 20 pieces as communicated in the GB post. To add fuel to this whole issue, he appears to not be in the healthiest of financial situation given (i) trial, (ii) requiring loans for said trial, (iii) damage of his property and (iv) not updating on the source of his working capital in the interim period.

Offline lovidore

« Reply #401 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 04:25:46 »
Makes sense. I'll still give him the benefit of the doubt for a few more days. If he doesn't come in here to clear the air soon, I think the disputes are certainly going to derail the GB if it hasn't derailed already from these other issues.

Offline dasdingo

« Reply #402 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 08:30:30 »
Extracted from his Discord. The claims of bankruptcy are not unfounded.

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS09/04/2020
No. Please wait a moment. This is before uploading the current contents.
We have collected all of our shipments from the shipping agent and will be sending them all back within the next week. We are currently organizing related content.
There is a sequence of processing. Currently, it is 2am in Korea. The reason I'm still awake is to solve the unprocessed stuff.

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS09/04/2020
Yes. I know we are really much late. I am really sorry. There are many reasons, but rather than such excuses, we will try to resolve them quickly.

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS09/04/2020
The reason we had to take out additional loans is because the trial was delayed due to covid-19. Unfortunately, we can't reveal details of the lawsuit.
But we hired an attorney to do everything we could.'

ㄲㅣㅇㄲㅗㅇWORKS09/04/2020
This is a photographic material for claiming damage compensation. Almost all wooden furniture was damaged by flooding. :man_facepalming:
This is an evidence photo for requesting damage compensation. Almost all wooden furniture was damaged by flooding.

+++++++++++++++++++++

I've asked if the production of boards are on track and if they will be produced regardless of the situation above which he has not responded. However he did share pictures on 15 Sep of some boards being produced (which addition questions as to when were this taken).

The whole process is sketchy and many allegations have been thrown.

On balance, yes delays of such nature is pretty common in GBs and particularly so in Covid times. However, his communication of the process with additional issues, and not updating on the initial 20 pieces as communicated in the GB post. To add fuel to this whole issue, he appears to not be in the healthiest of financial situation given (i) trial, (ii) requiring loans for said trial, (iii) damage of his property and (iv) not updating on the source of his working capital in the interim period.

Thank you, this is exactly why I am meant. Did not realized that I read it on the Discord channel not here. At this point, maybe he will be able to deliver his promises. But based on what we got from his responses and excuses, I only have 30% confidence in him. 

I am also in the HKMB GB, which is also being delayed for at least 2 months. But I am not worried about that one because the GB runner is good at communication and has run GB before.

Meanwhile, we pay $40 for shipping and he cannot even find a way to ship out keyboards. KBDfans ships keyboards with $20 shipping fee and arrives in US in 2 business days.

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #403 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 09:22:32 »
Honestly, no replies/concrete updates by EOW, time to file a dispute.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 09:57:19 »
GB turning into dispute fiesta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline microCuts

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 10:41:06 »
Seriously what are you guys waiting for..? Just go and file a dispute now when you know the maker playing with his sweet time without a solid clarification. Even he delivers eventually but the almost non-existent communication and ignoring when everyone is questioning is pissing people off. Remember don't beg for something you pay.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 12:28:36 »
Dispute filed, for not receiving the advertised product because I was one of the "lucky" ones to receive the springs LOL. Open the dispute floodgates.
Mars 6.5 | TX60 Antique Bronze | Think 6.5 V2

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 12:47:39 »
Dispute filed. Chanmin is about to have a lot of emails. The gates are open!

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 12:49:00 »
Make sure to escalate the dispute to PayPal right away.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 13:08:11 »
Good call. Escalated as well.

Offline Chumbee

« Reply #410 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 13:37:21 »
Hope all the disputes/escalations go well for those of you who choose to go that route. Let us know how it went afterwards if there's any insights you can give for it to go in our favor.  :thumb:

Offline Neveller

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 13:40:36 »
Sucks to see it go down this way.  :-\
Chanmin is clearly dealing with a whole bunch of issues besides this group buy, doesn't mean hes exempt for all blame, but I do feel for him

Nonetheless I did file a dispute, hope this somehow all ends well

Offline Bamboo238

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 14:23:07 »
Wow, feels like this has slowly devolved into a disaster. Such a shame that chamin has been so bad with communication. 
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 September 2020, 03:28:53 by Bamboo238 »

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 15:54:12 »
I mean, imho, only those among the first 20 should perhaps consider a dispute. It all seems bit weird, the things going on, we can't deny that, but I've seen much worse things in GB's and it's certainly not 6 months yet.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #414 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 16:01:18 »
I mean, imho, only those among the first 20 should perhaps consider a dispute. It all seems bit weird, the things going on, we can't deny that, but I've seen much worse things in GB's and it's certainly not 6 months yet.

I filed a dispute because of the springs he sent, he put them in PayPal as if he sent the keyboard when he could've just sent an email apart giving us the tracking number through there. And I am certainly not confident enough that I will be getting a board soon or at all so yea.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 16:37:21 »

I filed a dispute because of the springs he sent, he put them in PayPal as if he sent the keyboard when he could've just sent an email apart giving us the tracking number through there. And I am certainly not confident enough that I will be getting a board soon or at all so yea.
Yeah that makes sense.

I mean, to each their own obviously. I do however think that suddenly everybody disputing won’t help the gb come to an end. It will end, but I doubt anyone will get their board.

Offline Tree_

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 18:21:41 »
But after going in on the Owl660 two years ago I'm just not keen on getting scammed again for another 660 layout board from a relatively new maker,   ;D

Man I think it's time to get out of this hobby or stick to in-stock stuff. Fair enough I haven't joined terribly many GB's, but that actually means the percentage of GB's I've joined that have gone south is way above those that I've actually received the end product for. Out of 4 or 5 group buys I've actually gotten what I paid for once, and that was run by Drop.

Offline aloevera

« Reply #417 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 22:43:16 »
I am part of the first 20 he has defrauded. I am trying to open a dispute on Paypal but because Chamin has fraudulently claimed I received the product, I am not able to dispute "product not received". Others who went through this process, can you provide guidance?

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #418 on: Tue, 22 September 2020, 23:46:36 »
I am part of the first 20 he has defrauded. I am trying to open a dispute on Paypal but because Chamin has fraudulently claimed I received the product, I am not able to dispute "product not received". Others who went through this process, can you provide guidance?

You can open a dispute for product not as advertised.

Offline bullmoos211

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 08:53:15 »
I've never had to open a dispute this deep into a purchase before. How likely do you all think PayPal is to honour the dispute? Asking because I honestly don't know what to expect.

Offline aloevera

« Reply #420 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 09:13:11 »

You can open a dispute for product not as advertised.

My only option is "suspicious activity"

Offline lovidore

« Reply #421 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 23:37:01 »
Maybe if we say his name enough times he'll magically appear, like a genie!

CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #422 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 00:51:48 »

CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG

He disappeared instead :0

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #423 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 11:12:34 »

CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG

LMAO. Ya'll killing me.

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #424 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 13:13:45 »

CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG

LMAO. Ya'll killing me.

For real though if I had lots of people opening disputes and stuff I would go out and say something but we haven't got anything in over a week smh

Offline Contrakey

• Contrakey
« Reply #425 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 15:07:39 »
Love keyboards that have little lines of keys and are separate from everything else. Gives them so much potential for color combos.

Offline X_point

« Reply #426 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 15:15:38 »

CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG

LMAO. Ya'll killing me.

For real though if I had lots of people opening disputes and stuff I would go out and say something but we haven't got anything in over a week smh

What about ppl who were not in the first 20..? How do we open a dispute? On what grounds? I had an uneasy feeling going into this GB, but I convinced myself otherwise.. what a shame.. would’ve been a decent keyboard if made

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #427 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 15:18:31 »

CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG
CHANMIN KANG

LMAO. Ya'll killing me.

What about ppl who were not in the first 20..? How do we open a dispute? On what grounds? I had an uneasy feeling going into this GB, but I convinced myself otherwise.. what a shame.. would’ve been a decent keyboard if made
I don't see enough reason to submit a dispute if you were not sent springs unexpectedly or part of first 20...yet

Offline chriszhu

• (* ̄(エ) ̄*)''
« Reply #428 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 15:50:54 »
Part of the first 20 but did not receive any springs, opened dispute as well like the others.

Offline Dennyroxsox

• a.k.a. Lollipopsaurus
« Reply #429 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 16:04:03 »
Paypal seems to be allowing 180 days after a dispute rather than their typical 90. You don't have to file a dispute this week, or even within the next month. I understand there is a lot of frustration, but it can wait.

From Paypal:
The spread of COVID-19 virus and the ongoing efforts to contain it has significantly impacted commerce across the world. PayPal recognizes there is a potential for delayed shipments and increased shipping timeframes, globally. We appreciate your patience during this time and recommend that you communicate directly with your seller to discuss options around your purchase and shipment prior to filing a claim. You’ll have 180 days from the date of your transaction to file a PayPal Purchase Protection claim.

Offline jsykm

« Reply #430 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 17:35:53 »
I don't see enough reason to submit a dispute if you were not sent springs unexpectedly or part of first 20...yet

I beg to differ. I think the springs just give the first 20 people more of a reason to start a dispute. I really don't mind waiting as I've stayed relatively quiet for the past few months, but I've lost my confidence in Chanmin's ability to deliver.

I hate to sound like a broken broken record, but I find the lack of communication + all the lies pretty baffling.

Too many things don't add up.... He claims the cerakote work was started on his post from 9/11/2020, but how do we know the picture he posted isn't of the keyboard he used for the sound test video in the original post? Plus why would he waste money on adding the cerakote finish on one set as I'm sure there was probably more than one order with blue cerakote.

There's no reason to lie. All of us here are reasonable people and can understand delays as long as they are communicated well.

Granted, we're all in this together and I hope everything turns out okay (whether people get their keyboard or the refund they requested).
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 September 2020, 17:37:29 by jsykm »

Offline frostfiree

« Reply #431 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 18:53:38 »

I beg to differ. I think the springs just give the first 20 people more of a reason to start a dispute. I really don't mind waiting as I've stayed relatively quiet for the past few months, but I've lost my confidence in Chanmin's ability to deliver.

I hate to sound like a broken broken record, but I find the lack of communication + all the lies pretty baffling.

Too many things don't add up.... He claims the cerakote work was started on his post from 9/11/2020, but how do we know the picture he posted isn't of the keyboard he used for the sound test video in the original post? Plus why would he waste money on adding the cerakote finish on one set as I'm sure there was probably more than one order with blue cerakote.

There's no reason to lie. All of us here are reasonable people and can understand delays as long as they are communicated well.

Granted, we're all in this together and I hope everything turns out okay (whether people get their keyboard or the refund they requested).

I think you read his statement wrong. He meant that unless you were part of the first 20 or were sent the unexpected springs, then you should not start a dispute just yet.
Jane V2 | Jane V2 CE | Thermal | Kei | GSKT-00 | Duck Orion V3 | U80 | Salvation | 378 | HHKB | Cloudline | Bias | TKL One | Kaze | Jane V2 ME

Offline jsykm

« Reply #432 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 18:57:45 »

I think you read his statement wrong. He meant that unless you were part of the first 20 or were sent the unexpected springs, then you should not start a dispute just yet.

Yes, and I'm saying it's perfectly reasonable to start a dispute now regardless of whether or not you're one of the first 20 orders.

Offline lovidore

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 04:02:41 »
I was gonna wait, but then I read through the Owl 660 GB and nah, bro. I opened a dispute now, and will wait till the escalation deadline to escalate.

During that time I will send as many e-mails as I need to to get a response from Chanmin who is MIA during a critical time that REQUIRES HIM TO BE HERE.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 04:31:52 »
If I were not in the first 20, I would -not- have disputed yet.
I mean, all things considering, we're not even 4 months into the groupbuy... It's really not that long.

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #435 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 09:01:21 »
I realize that I am, in some people's eyes, pulling the trigger early by filing now. I'm not in the first 20. But I really feel everyone here, first 20 or not, has every right to file now. This dude has made promises over and over and not fulfilled them and been radio silent for periods far longer than he should have while we are all left scratching our heads wondering what is going on. He has fraudulently and deceptively obtained money held by paypal. Granted, he didn't send me springs, but quite frankly I really don't like a dude doing business like that and not disclosing it with us. How would everyone have felt if he made a post requesting permission to send some springs to some people and enter tracking to get access to some of the funds in order to pay for what ever it was that needed to be done? I honestly would have been fine, because of the transparency of it. But no, he pretended like those people who got springs were lucky. Deceit. And that doesn't sit well with me.

It's been 10 days since he last gave an update and with everything going on here you would think he would have something to say to us, but no.

radio silence.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #436 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 09:24:25 »
I was gonna wait, but then I read through the Owl 660 GB and nah, bro. I opened a dispute now, and will wait till the escalation deadline to escalate.

During that time I will send as many e-mails as I need to to get a response from Chanmin who is MIA during a critical time that REQUIRES HIM TO BE HERE.

I was part of that gb. Not sure why 660 boards seem to be cursed. I’m glad I got into the volcano buy.

You have every right to a dispute to get your money back if you don’t feel the gb runner is not doing a good job communicating the status of the boards.

Offline Noveltty

« Reply #437 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 09:16:23 »
I write for the buyers

in Korean, MR.Kang aka kkingkkong is famous for being a LIAR.

He often broke his promises and had frequent delays.

So, Koreans never believe him currently.

RAINY SEASON? LIE.

It is true that Korea is in the rainy season, but there are few days when it actually rains.

There wasn't much rain to delay.

IN FACT, it is just laziness.

I was a buyer of his kbd, and I had been disappointed a lot with his lies.

believe me now?

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #438 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 13:56:37 »
All 66% are cursed.

I'll just make my own

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #439 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 16:18:07 »
Chanmin straight up disappeared lol

Offline aprades96

« Reply #440 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 17:41:44 »
I think I'll wait 'til October 30th, after that day I'll will dispute to get my money back.

Can't understand how Chanmin isn't responding.

Offline 3ambutter

« Reply #441 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 19:24:25 »

What do you mean disappeared? He just posted in his other GB thread, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106344.50

This was literally 4 hours ago. He's just straight up ignoring you guys

Reborn60 | Keycult No.1 Rev.1 | SKB60 | TGR x SINGA UNIKORN | GSKT-00

Offline Awayhugepickle

« Reply #442 on: Sun, 27 September 2020, 19:42:02 »
He just posted a picture and didn't even address the question that was left for him in his thread.

Offline lovidore

« Reply #443 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 03:50:23 »
I feel so much better about opening my dispute now.

Offline Winster

« Reply #444 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 11:47:31 »
All 66% are cursed.

I'll just make my own

Even that will be cursed. ;)

Offline josemannyadame

« Reply #445 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 13:17:33 »

What do you mean disappeared? He just posted in his other GB thread, https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=106344.50

This was literally 4 hours ago. He's just straight up ignoring you guys

Show Image

How is that funny? A lot of us have ALOT of unanswered questions and the fact that he is straight up ignoring us is quite dumb as he is running this GB in the worst way possible. If you think a picture with no context is a useful "update/post" then go ahead lol

Offline victor_

« Reply #446 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 15:45:00 »
Hello bro´s!!
I have not been here for a long time, I am one of the first 20, I received mine as I already told you without any notice.
I follow the thread without wanting to put pressure.
If everything that Chaming has told is true, please, don't let him buy the lottery and bet money, the poor man is the most unlucky person I know.
I understand all the positions, especially the first 20 who still did not receive it and ventured to buy it to have it soon, I think Chaming has gotten tired of answering without having a clear answer, at first he answered my emails and questions by email, then it was difficult to contact him.
Do not lose hope, as I saw previously, he had problems with water and later with mechanization, perhaps he is waiting to give an answer once the whole process is correct.
you all know how these group buys work, you have Paypal as a backup in a future problem.
greetings to everyone from Spain

Offline h40

• h40.io
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 16:01:58 »
Hello bro´s!!
I have not been here for a long time, I am one of the first 20, I received mine as I already told you without any notice.
I follow the thread without wanting to put pressure.
If everything that Chaming has told is true, please, don't let him buy the lottery and bet money, the poor man is the most unlucky person I know.
I understand all the positions, especially the first 20 who still did not receive it and ventured to buy it to have it soon, I think Chaming has gotten tired of answering without having a clear answer, at first he answered my emails and questions by email, then it was difficult to contact him.
Do not lose hope, as I saw previously, he had problems with water and later with mechanization, perhaps he is waiting to give an answer once the whole process is correct.
you all know how these group buys work, you have Paypal as a backup in a future problem.
greetings to everyone from Spain
not sus at all...

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #448 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 16:16:16 »
Surprising how one in Spain apparently arrived but for another one in the EU (Netherlands) he can’t even provide tracking.

Offline duckunz

« Reply #449 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 18:05:04 »
Guys, or maybe he just straight up used the cheapest shipping option without the tracking(which there is no tracking info and might be easy to get lost).. And now he's disappeared beacuse we scared the **** out of him. This is the most possible scenario imo.