Author Topic: Rama Works M60-A [SHIPPED]  (Read 305524 times)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: Rama Works M60-A [CLOSED]
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 08:00:03 »
I didn't order an extra back weight, but I'm wondering if there will be any extras available once production has been completed.

Email support@rama.works (or just reply to your order email) and we'll see if we have a spare in production available for you! :)

--

Also I'm back in Melbourne now, I'll be driving into the warehouse tomorrow to check on the packages that have arrived - will send photos then! Hopefully it's the one I've really been waiting for :D
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #401 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 02:07:38 »
The cable with Lemo for my M60-A arrived yesterday  :)
Made by https://www.coolcable.co.uk

« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2018, 05:38:34 by voight-kampff »

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #402 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 05:18:49 »

Show Image

Oh my god, that is beautiful - who made that? Digging the colors!!

--

Project updates will now be posted here: https://rama.works/projectupdates

You can follow the link to see some of the new stuff that has come through!

Here's a brief preview, EPBT Heavy Industry!

PCB Anti-Static bags:

Check the link above for more images / updates :) I'll also post here as they happen as well.
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline voight-kampff

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 05:39:19 »
wow

epbt. cool, can't sleep till I got the M60-A  :D

Is the white an off-white or something similar like kbdfans new epbt keycap set?

The cable is made at www.coolcable.co.uk. I updated my post with a link if you don't mind
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2018, 05:42:31 by voight-kampff »

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #404 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 05:42:14 »
but... but... but.... I love u!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

KMK Labs.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #405 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 06:00:55 »
wow

epbt. cool, can't sleep till I got the M60-A  :D

Is the white an off-white or something similar like kbdfans new epbt keycap set?

The cable is made at www.coolcable.co.uk. I updated my post with a link if you don't mind

It's off-white, not pure white :)

Those cables are super sweet, thanks for the link!

but... but... but.... I love u!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

KMK Labs.

:-* :-*

Offline moitorpsychoo

« Reply #406 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 06:05:38 »

Show Image

Oh my god, that is beautiful - who made that? Digging the colors!!

--

Project updates will now be posted here: https://rama.works/projectupdates

You can follow the link to see some of the new stuff that has come through!

Here's a brief preview, EPBT Heavy Industry!
Show Image

PCB Anti-Static bags:
Show Image

Check the link above for more images / updates :) I'll also post here as they happen as well.
Wow! ePBT has been making big moves lately! EPBT 9009, Black on white, and now ePBT heavy industry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #407 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 07:50:10 »
Nice to see you chose ePBT for Heavy Industry : )

If I had to nitpick though, from the pictures the mod legends seem bold in comparison the alphas and your renders of GMK Heavy Industry.

Offline jlee755

« Reply #408 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 08:11:23 »

If I had to nitpick though, from the pictures the mod legends seem bold in comparison the alphas and your renders of GMK Heavy Industry.
Looks like a design choice, it suits his logo on the Esc key.

Maybe it's a mistake but what do I know

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #409 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 08:24:26 »

Looks like a design choice, it suits his logo on the Esc key.

Maybe it's a mistake but what do I know
Yeah, it was a design choice. If you follow the link, he says it's suited with their own typeface

Offline kristmascane

• emilia is trash
« Reply #410 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 09:59:05 »
Nice update, Rama!

Any chance you can post an IC for heavy industry in the IC section so that we can give feedback for it seperately rather than have 2 things going on in 1 thread?

Offline ChrisSwires

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 10:00:48 »
Nice update, Rama!

Any chance you can post an IC for heavy industry in the IC section so that we can give feedback for it seperately rather than have 2 things going on in 1 thread?

I'd second that, not after the M60 but may well be after heavy industry - this will make it difficult for me to follow!

Offline Snappo

• meme
« Reply #412 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 10:01:32 »

If was honest, I would say the set looks very washed out compared to previous GMK renders.

The mods are too light, the yellow is too orange, and the typeface is too thick.

The set has lost the striking contrast it once had.   

Edit: In another photo RAMA put up the yellow is much fuller. The mods however are still far too light for me.

Nice update, Rama!

Agreed
« Last Edit: Tue, 12 June 2018, 10:10:25 by Snappo »

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #413 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 10:15:18 »
I can live with the typeface on the mods, it's not a make or break deal for me. I do agree, however, that it is just a touch too think and I think it would look much better if it was slightly thinner. For example, I think this would make a big visual difference on back space, which as it currently stands is too overwhelming and distracts from the rest of the set. I also miss the darker modifiers, but at the same time like the lighter ones too. Maybe there could be an option to sell dark modifiers as a kit?
With the yellow accents, I feel like they were designed to match the yellow on the inventory packaging. It's close, but I think it's just a bit too warm with a bit too much orange mixed in. I also think the gmk yellow was too cool, so maybe something in between with a bit less orange?

Offline kristmascane

• emilia is trash
« Reply #414 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 10:17:16 »
I do feel like the mods need a bit more contrast here as well from the alphas.

The alphas are great, the yellow is great.

I'm not a fan of the "backspace" legend, and would much prefer to see the actual hhkb legends as options, ie what currently says "backspace" would say "del" and what currently says "del" would be a "~`". Not sure if that was already planned, but it would make the difference in purchasing the set for me at least.

Offline ptiede

« Reply #415 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 10:55:50 »
I can live with the typeface on the mods, it's not a make or break deal for me. I do agree, however, that it is just a touch too think and I think it would look much better if it was slightly thinner. For example, I think this would make a big visual difference on back space, which as it currently stands is too overwhelming and distracts from the rest of the set. I also miss the darker modifiers, but at the same time like the lighter ones too. Maybe there could be an option to sell dark modifiers as a kit?
With the yellow accents, I feel like they were designed to match the yellow on the inventory packaging. It's close, but I think it's just a bit too warm with a bit too much orange mixed in. I also think the gmk yellow was too cool, so maybe something in between with a bit less orange?

A problem with darker modifiers is that since this is dye-sub they can't use white ink. So if you want darker modifiers the letters will then have very little contrast.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #416 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 11:00:15 »

A problem with darker modifiers is that since this is dye-sub they can't use white ink. So if you want darker modifiers the letters will then have very little contrast.
Oh right, completely forgot this would be dye sub. Good call. Maybe a similar method of reverse dye sub that was used on dsa starry night could be implemented? Probably not though eh, since that set wasn't manufactured by epbt.

Offline 8ckerno

« Reply #417 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 10:31:24 »
I have been thinking. Would it be easy to make the m60 Bluetooth? I would think that you can make a module between the pcb and usb-c bridge. This way you don't have to solder on the pcb itself and when unmodding it without leaving 'scars' on the stock contents.

Offline stxfreak

« Reply #418 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 11:40:12 »
I have been thinking. Would it be easy to make the m60 Bluetooth? I would think that you can make a module between the pcb and usb-c bridge. This way you don't have to solder on the pcb itself and when unmodding it without leaving 'scars' on the stock contents.

I dont know if there would be enough space for that, with internal weight at least rama told me there is about 2-3mm space. The material would probably be the bigger difficulty, as probably neither alu or brass will work that well with bluetooth.
TGR Jane V2

Offline Carlobv

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 12:15:20 »
I'm not sure if this was asked before, but I couldn't find it.  I was wondering if there might be extra weight available after the GB.  I didn't buy one for mine, because I wasn't sure if I wanted or needed it, but I'm sort of regretting not ordering it now.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 13 June 2018, 12:15:47 »

I dont know if there would be enough space for that, with internal weight at least rama told me there is about 2-3mm space. The material would probably be the bigger difficulty, as probably neither alu or brass will work that well with bluetooth.

Yes, you are correct.  Bluetooth is not going to be able to get out of that case.  No how.  No way.  Have to be a plastic window in the back or wood or something non-metal.

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 19:02:41 »
Is there any hope for the poor lost souls that missed the GB?

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #422 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 19:20:38 »

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #423 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 16:29:34 »

Or transfer spots if ramabae allows it

Offline cgrums

« Reply #424 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 23:55:22 »
If we're allowed I'm looking to let go of my spot. Moon with extra feet, starter kit and internal weight. PM me.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #425 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 06:25:38 »
If we're allowed I'm looking to let go of my spot. Moon with extra feet, starter kit and internal weight. PM me.

Sent you a PM mate :)

Offline befbef

« Reply #426 on: Mon, 25 June 2018, 19:37:21 »
If anybody else wants to get out of the gb please let me know.

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #427 on: Tue, 26 June 2018, 13:13:54 »
If anyone has a green with gold backplate they no longer want I can arrange pay now. Worth a shot!

Offline cgrums

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 09:50:27 »

Sent you a PM mate :)

Glad we could get it done. To those other folks PMing me; good luck with your hunt!

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 23:36:27 »
I'm looking to drop out of my spot too. I have moon and the starter kit.

Offline befbef

« Reply #430 on: Thu, 28 June 2018, 01:45:35 »
I would take it. PM coming.

Offline TheNamesTy45

« Reply #431 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 23:17:54 »
I would take it. PM coming.

Thanks and enjoy! Sorry and thank you to everyone else who PM'ed me. Good luck!

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #432 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 01:05:18 »
I have a Sage spot with internal weight I'd like to sell. Although not sure how this would work?
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #433 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 01:28:25 »
I have a Sage spot with internal weight I'd like to sell. Although not sure how this would work?

I believe that the fairest thing to do would be to (option 1) refund the full order to RAMA, and RAMA later sells the board at cost.

(option 2) You can transfer the spot to someone who is interested, at cost. Ideally it should all be done at the exact cost of purchase.

Offline Velvet_Crowe

« Reply #434 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 01:38:52 »

I believe that the fairest thing to do would be to (option 1) refund the full order to RAMA, and RAMA later sells the board at cost.

(option 2) You can transfer the spot to someone who is interested, at cost. Ideally it should all be done at the exact cost of purchase.
id be okay with either. If anyone is interested, feel free to pm me!
Current daily: OTD 356mini v1 (Red) | OTD 356CL (Gunmetal) | TGR Jane V2 CE (Black) | zekk.works Ogre (Dark Grey) | Noxary Vulcan Pro (Silver/Red) | 488 Pista Spider (Red)

Offline Zanduby

« Reply #435 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 10:07:57 »

Or just get the board yourself from the GB and sell on MM. Minimize the work Rama has to deal with.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #436 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 20:59:02 »

Just email support@rama.works and we can do a full refund (reply to your order confirmation email) :)

---

The Interior Weight, PCB and Extra Weight packaging is en-route - will have photos once it arrives! A large majority of the bases have been machined (essentially all), and about 1/4 of the top enclosures have been machined. Will have a post up on http://updates.rama.works with photos etc when things come in :)

Cheers!

Offline actualglacier

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • 😳
« Reply #437 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 01:09:57 »

Just email support@rama.works and we can do a full refund (reply to your order confirmation email) :)

---

The Interior Weight, PCB and Extra Weight packaging is en-route - will have photos once it arrives! A large majority of the bases have been machined (essentially all), and about 1/4 of the top enclosures have been machined. Will have a post up on http://updates.rama.works with photos etc when things come in :)

Cheers!

That's great to hear! Is the estimated ship date still September? Pretty stoked for this.
actualglacier on youtube

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 01:23:31 »
I'm looking to get rid of my spot if anyone's interested message me on discord at Mcnos#0390

Lake with the basics. No extra items.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #439 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 01:28:36 »

---

Cheers!

That's great to hear! Is the estimated ship date still September? Pretty stoked for this.

Yep! Still on track for September :) Very excited to get everything out!

Offline maxf

« Reply #440 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 02:05:39 »
you rock Rama!  crossing my fingers to have it by the DC meetup ;-)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #441 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 10:16:42 »

AHHH when is it? I want to visit America again!

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #442 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 10:33:30 »

http://reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8uobzg/meetup_washington_dc_sep_15_2018/

Sep 15 2018

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #443 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 13:44:50 »

http://reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/8uobzg/meetup_washington_dc_sep_15_2018/

Sep 15 2018

ffs why does it have to be RIGHT after I go back to school
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline longsock

« Reply #444 on: Sat, 07 July 2018, 19:00:15 »
If anyone wants to drop out, let me know! Mainly interested in the Moon colorway, but open to other options as well. Please contact me on Discord, as it is easier for me to communicate over there. @godspeed#1149!
QXP | HHKB Pro 2

Incoming: Duck Viper V3

Offline ye_cole

« Reply #445 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 16:41:50 »

ohh crap gotta go get switches now

can i get some hype in the chat

Offline DJSnotBoogie

« Reply #446 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 20:38:47 »
I will take someone’s spot if they want to drop out.  I’m looking for Moon or Mist with the extra weight.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #447 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 06:18:24 »

Sep 15 2018

Omg awesome! Hope we can get the boards out to you by then :D

I will take someone’s spot if they want to drop out.  I’m looking for Moon or Mist with the extra weight.

There's a waiting list here to fill cancelled orders: http://m60.iwantrama.works :)

Which switches are you thinking! I have a new found love for Aliaz Silent Tactiles   

Offline maxf

Re: Rama Works M60-A [IN PRODUCTION]
« Reply #448 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 00:15:38 »
ffs why does it have to be RIGHT after I go back to school

RIP - maybe next year?  :-(

Sep 15 2018

Omg awesome! Hope we can get the boards out to you by then :D

There's a waiting list here to fill cancelled orders: http://m60.iwantrama.works :)

Which switches are you thinking! I have a new found love for Aliaz Silent Tactiles   

I'll make up the guest room if you want to make the trip!  Got some lubed 205g0 '86 vint blacks queued up for this.  Sooooo ready! :-)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
Re: Rama Works M60-A [IN PRODUCTION]
« Reply #449 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 00:45:31 »

I'll make up the guest room if you want to make the trip!  Got some lubed 205g0 '86 vint blacks queued up for this.  Sooooo ready! :-)

Appreciate it!

Oh man, nothing better than well lubed vintage blacks! Currently been using Aliaz Silents and have been enjoying those, now I think I'm gonna switch back to linears again for a bit :D