Author Topic: PBT Keycap Belmishes  (Read 1742 times)

Offline ruiner17

PBT Keycap Belmishes
« on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 17:57:46 »
Hey guys, just got some new white PBT keycaps. They look great, but the D key has some dis-colored blemishes in the plastic. All of the other keys are flawless. I'm curious, has anyone seen this before?

Offline ruiner17

PBT Keycap Belmishes
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 18:13:15 »
Thanks ripster, those do look great. I'll give it a shot. It almost looks like it is part of the plastic though.

Offline Lanx

PBT Keycap Belmishes
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 18:46:32 »
that looks like the roach poo i had to deal with on vintage model m, denture cleaner tabs got rid of em (still used a clorox wipe just in case)

Offline ruiner17

PBT Keycap Belmishes
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 18:58:08 »
Thanks Lanx! geekhack is #1 when searching google for "denture cleaner tabs"...looks like that may work!

Offline Lanx

PBT Keycap Belmishes
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 19:32:22 »
yea just cuz those are new keycaps, doesn't mean the warehouse was roach free!

Offline c0rbin

PBT Keycap Belmishes
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 19:42:34 »
Does anybody know what form factor those PBT keys from E-Sports Entertainment are? Like... whether they are Filco/DAS/Leopold ones, or Cherry, or Model M, etc. The reason I'm asking is because I want to replace the F and J from one of those engraved sets with red keys and I can only do that if I know what the form factor of the keys are so that I can get an exact match. Would KBC PBT's work as replacement? Doubleshots?
Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Brown w/ PBT caps and O-ring mod

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
PBT Keycap Belmishes
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 19:51:30 »
Quote from: c0rbin;434883
Does anybody know what form factor those PBT keys from E-Sports Entertainment are? Like... whether they are Filco/DAS/Leopold ones, or Cherry, or Model M, etc. The reason I'm asking is because I want to replace the F and J from one of those engraved sets with red keys and I can only do that if I know what the form factor of the keys are so that I can get an exact match. Would KBC PBT's work as replacement? Doubleshots?
They're Cherry MX caps. Any Cherry MX compatible keycaps can replace the F and J keys. Filco, Leopold, and Das all use Cherry MX caps. They're called that because they fit on Cherry MX switches.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline c0rbin

PBT Keycap Belmishes
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 19:54:52 »
Well that makes things easy... thanks. Threadjack over, carry on about your poopy keys.
Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless Cherry MX Brown w/ PBT caps and O-ring mod

Offline asassdsd

• Call me "Jelly"
PBT Keycap Belmishes
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 24 October 2011, 22:39:52 »
Quote from: ripster;434837
Mine had a few blemishes but I used a magic scrub pad that Awry gave me and some Simple Green to scrub it out.

Looks great now!
(Attachment Link) 29056[/ATTACH]
(Attachment Link) 29057[/ATTACH]

Hey Ripster i like ur WASD! Where can i buy a set of those, i dont care about the color but what i must have the classic small filco font and the side-print.
This isn't an alternative or troll account, I've been using this username for at least 10 years. Try typing it, is so fast and easy!

Recently acquired: Leopold fc660c with PBT   Currently: Bro-less    Clack-less    Mummy-less
I am currently at : Santa Cruz, CA