Author Topic: [IC] GMK Alpine | GB THREAD LIVE  (Read 69333 times)

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

Re: [IC] GMK Alpine | Vendor Update (29/7)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 12:14:49 »
Hello, back with another small update to show I've been working behind the scenes!
I'm very happy to have gotten Candykeys on board with this project! They will help me with various stuff which I'm very grateful for :D
The current Vendors are:
EU: Candykeys
Asia: KBDFans
Canada: Auramech
More to come
If you're a vendor and would like to become a proxy for Alpine, just PM me!

Deskmats:
I'm working on it!  :thumb:

Can you include ilumkb for asia? They have a credit card payment method, my PayPal was hacked i lost $1,350 and i can't get in touch with PayPal, so i would like to avoid using PayPal from now on. KBDFans don't have a credit card payment option.

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

Re: [IC] GMK Alpine
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 12:20:13 »
Let me know if you want the Alpine65 for renders! ;)

Would it be possible to see it on White Alpine65?

Offline Bonsa

« Reply #52 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 13:12:59 »
Very nice colors. As for an ISO enter novelty, maybe you could make a sketch of the Aletsch gletsjer? I remember an almost 90 degree turn in its path, which could fit that key nicely. Just some thought that popped in my head. Love the mountain novelties :)

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 13:35:52 »
Very nice colors. As for an ISO enter novelty, maybe you could make a sketch of the Aletsch gletsjer? I remember an almost 90 degree turn in its path, which could fit that key nicely. Just some thought that popped in my head. Love the mountain novelties :)

The idea is cool! I'm having trouble thinking of a good way to execute it though. I am currently thinking of a good iso novelty though!

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 20:16:09 »
Artkey?

Extra B key in kits, please!
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 July 2020, 20:19:10 by Curin Derwin »

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 20:24:05 »
Could you please add an optional lightly ahpla kit for alternative?

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 02:47:09 »
Please consider adding an edelweiss novelty! It's my favorite flower and an instantly recognizable symbol of Switzerland, the Swiss Alps, and mountaineering in general.
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 July 2020, 02:48:49 by konstantin »

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #57 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 03:35:26 »
Artkey?

Already in basekit!

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 03:36:25 »
Please consider adding an edelweiss novelty! It's my favorite flower and an instantly recognizable symbol of Switzerland, the Swiss Alps, and mountaineering in general.

;) Already in the works!

Offline WooWapDaBam

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 04:46:05 »
Any chance for text only mods?

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 06:24:40 »

Sadly not, I'm a big fan of the text + icon mods!

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 02:17:42 »

Sadly not, I'm a big fan of the text + icon mods!

I'm a fan of the design too. Soooooo.... When's the target date for the GB?

Offline dom

• XOXO
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 23:43:32 »
It's gorgeous! We need a RAMA keycap, and we'll be all set!  :thumb:

Offline konstantin

• Formerly constexpr
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 03:11:28 »
• I would suggest adding a white 1.25u spacekey to the Spacebars kit for Alice users and standard split 6.25u spacebar setups (2.75–1.25–2.25 and 2.25–1.25–2.75).

• On the other hand, I'm not sure that second 2u and second 1u white spaces are worthwhile inclusions in the Spacebars kit, as they are only used on 40% ortho boards. Either removing the second pair of 2u and 1u keys, or replacing them with a 3u spacebar (which is used on some 40% and ≥60% boards) might be a better option.

• I'd also suggest adding a R1 1u Backspace key to the 40% kit. This key is needed for ortho boards with a number row, such as Preonic.

• Also in 40%, you can change R3 1u Ctrl to something more generic, such as Hack or Meta. Explanations here and here.

• Actually, changing R3 1u Ctrl to Code would be the best option, but you're already using Code as the OS key legend. If you'd be willing to change OS keys to use System or Super instead, that'd be even better. I explain why here (§3).

• Lastly and least importantly, I think you can drop the numpad 00 key from base as that key is only useful for standalone numpads, which aren't that common, and this set doesn't have full top row support for them anyway.

Offline imprevade

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 03:42:30 »
I love the colors, but I found it particularly difficult to make out the mountains. I’ll pick up a set for sure, but i’ll probably pass on the novelties.

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 03 August 2020, 07:57:20 »
• I would suggest adding a white 1.25u spacekey to the Spacebars kit for Alice users and standard split 6.25u spacebar setups (2.75–1.25–2.25 and 2.25–1.25–2.75).

• On the other hand, I'm not sure that second 2u and second 1u white spaces are worthwhile inclusions in the Spacebars kit, as they are only used on 40% ortho boards. Either removing the second pair of 2u and 1u keys, or replacing them with a 3u spacebar (which is used on some 40% and ≥60% boards) might be a better option.

• I'd also suggest adding a R1 1u Backspace key to the 40% kit. This key is needed for ortho boards with a number row, such as Preonic.

• Also in 40%, you can change R3 1u Ctrl to something more generic, such as Hack or Meta. Explanations here and here.

• Actually, changing R3 1u Ctrl to Code would be the best option, but you're already using Code as the OS key legend. If you'd be willing to change OS keys to use System or Super instead, that'd be even better. I explain why here (§3).

• Lastly and least importantly, I think you can drop the numpad 00 key from base as that key is only useful for standalone numpads, which aren't that common, and this set doesn't have full top row support for them anyway.

1. Done, I don't know why I didn't do this from the start? I guess I wasn't paying attention
2. Asked the 40% Discord, they agreed, Removed them from the Spacebar kit, As for the 3u Spacebars, besides you no one has asked for them so I'll keep it out for now!
3. Added
4. Done, I didn't know there was a System mold, I don't like Super so I used Code, I like System better though!
5. Done
6. Dropped, always good to remove unneeded keys!

Thank you so much for the Feedback :D

Offline Bregoli

Happy to announce that I have found all my vendors! :D

Kono.store has agreed to become my US Vendor! I'm happy to have them aboard!

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

Happy to announce that I have found all my vendors! :D

Kono.store has agreed to become my US Vendor! I'm happy to have them aboard!

Good for you. Now it's going to be a pain for me to get this via KBDFans. Since they only accept PayPal as payment.  :-[

Offline Bregoli

I'm very happy to announce that I will be working with Keebstuff on a limited number of high quality custom cables!
He puts amazing and careful work into each cable and they end up looking fantastic!

The cables will be coiled with the coiled side being Purple and the non coiled side will be white. They will come in both LEMO and SF10 Connectors for you to choose!
I will get some pictures end of this week or early next week so meanwhile, enjoy this cable he made for GMK Masterpiece!
You can see more work on his Instagram

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
I took a quick look at the Norde kit, and there are a few things that can be improved upon:

- R1 '? is not used in any of the usual layouts for "Norde" or "NorDeUK" kits (instead, it's used in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian layouts). It can be taken out with no issue.

- English (UK) is partially supported, as the kit already contains R1 `¬| (which should be corrected to `¬¦), R1 2", R1 , R1 4$€ and R3 '@ ; all is missing are the R3 #~ and R4 \| keys. This kit might as well be called "NordeUK", for that matter.

- The keys ◌́◌̀, ◌́◌̀| and \◌̀◌́ all show the acute accent as a low mark. This might just be a render artifact, but do ensure that remains only as so.
- Same goes for the positioning of the £ sign in 3#£.

- Since R4 <> is in the base kit already, it can chopped off the Norde kit.
- Consider adding the numpad comma keys.

GLWIC!

Offline Bregoli

I took a quick look at the Norde kit, and there are a few things that can be improved upon:

- R1 '? is not used in any of the usual layouts for "Norde" or "NorDeUK" kits (instead, it's used in Spanish, Portuguese and Italian layouts). It can be taken out with no issue.

- English (UK) is partially supported, as the kit already contains R1 `¬| (which should be corrected to `¬¦), R1 2", R1 , R1 4$€ and R3 '@ ; all is missing are the R3 #~ and R4 \| keys. This kit might as well be called "NordeUK", for that matter.

- The keys ◌́◌̀, ◌́◌̀| and \◌̀◌́ all show the acute accent as a low mark. This might just be a render artifact, but do ensure that remains only as so.
- Same goes for the positioning of the £ sign in 3#£.

- Since R4 <> is in the base kit already, it can chopped off the Norde kit.
- Consider adding the numpad comma keys.

GLWIC!

Thank you for your suggestions, I have hopefully made the renders more clear and aligned the legends a bit better! I also added and removed the keys you suggested! :D If I missed anything let me know!

Offline Chatbot

This sets gonna look siiick with an indigo gamecube.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
Really nice, subtle colorway. The mountains remind me of a trip I took to Interlaken; slept in the shadow of Jüngfrau <3

More

Offline d0wngrade

This is a really great set. I love the colors. I've been looking for more of a muted purple for a while

Offline willyG

Can we get a white and Red Cross for Switzerland's flag as a novelty? I would MELT! beautiful set and I'm buying either way

Offline chowder266

Re: [IC] GMK Alpine
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 16:17:50 »
Rama mountain. If Fuji gets one the Alps should too

This is one of the best sets I've seen in the last year.

I agree :)

Offline Bregoli

Can we get a white and Red Cross for Switzerland's flag as a novelty? I would MELT! beautiful set and I'm buying either way

Probably not sadly as it wouldn't fit the colors at all and even if I did it with the colors I chose, it'd easily be mistaken as a first aid symbol and not really the swiss flag! :( I've already thought of doing something like that. :P

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.

Probably not sadly as it wouldn't fit the colors at all and even if I did it with the colors I chose, it'd easily be mistaken as a first aid symbol and not really the swiss flag! :( I've already thought of doing something like that. :P

Or a request for help... oh, it's a perfect icon for the Windows key, then.  :D

Offline orim23

I just remember my dads bank note collection. Lots of old swiss bank note were rather blueish/violet.
Check out the banknote series on the SNB Website: https://www.snb.ch/en/iabout/cash/history/id/cash_history_overview

I think the 4th Banknoteseries 1000 banknote doesnt look bad with the violet/blueish swiss flag.

Or the 3rd Banknoteseries 100 banknote, has even a drawing of the Jungfrau on it, if we want to stick to the theme.

I mean the swiss flag doesnt need to be the modern one and red. can be violet/blueish like a "shield". After all those alps are OLD. Why not use an older style swiss flag.

Offline Bregoli

I just remember my dads bank note collection. Lots of old swiss bank note were rather blueish/violet.
Check out the banknote series on the SNB Website: https://www.snb.ch/en/iabout/cash/history/id/cash_history_overview

I think the 4th Banknoteseries 1000 banknote doesnt look bad with the violet/blueish swiss flag.
Show Image

Or the 3rd Banknoteseries 100 banknote, has even a drawing of the Jungfrau on it, if we want to stick to the theme.
Show Image

I mean the swiss flag doesnt need to be the modern one and red. can be violet/blueish like a "shield". After all those alps are OLD. Why not use an older style swiss flag.

In my opinion (and from the few ways I've tried), putting a Swiss flag on a key cap would looks out of place, odd, and doesn't 100% fit the key cap theme as its supposed to be about the alps and mountains, not about Switzerland itself (If that were the case I would've made it a red and white set)

I am however going to try to incorporate the Swiss flag or something more Swiss in the Desk mats so keep a lookout for those when they're done :D
I hope you understand what I'm trying to say!
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2020, 08:22:53 by Bregoli »

Offline orim23

Show Image

Show Image

In my opinion (and from the few ways I've tried), putting a Swiss flag on a key cap would looks out of place, odd, and doesn't 100% fit the key cap theme as its supposed to be about the alps and mountains, not about Switzerland itself (If that were the case I would've made it a red and white set)

I am however going to try to incorporate the Swiss flag or something more Swiss in the Desk mats so keep a lookout for those when they're done :D
I hope you understand what I'm trying to say!

Agree. A swiss flag doesnt fit the theme. I was just trying to find a way how it may fit... :-) Also bored at work.
Still going to get the set.

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 22:52:16 »

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 03:40:41 »
Artkey?

Already in basekit!

He was hiding. :)

Yeah, I probably should've put it somewhere more obvious :p
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2020, 04:23:20 by Bregoli »

Offline Bregoli

Just got some pictures of the Cable prototype! I really like how they turned out!

More work on his Instagram and on his website!
https://www.keebstuff.com/en
https://www.instagram.com/keebstuff/

Offline Bregoli

Re: [IC] GMK Alpine | Inspired by the Swiss Alps | GB date ANNOUNCED (12/08)
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 14 August 2020, 09:42:36 »
GB DATE ANNOUNCED:
GB December 1st - January 12th

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #85 on: Tue, 08 September 2020, 14:49:23 »
In case someone wants to stay more up to date with this set or ask any questions I made a discord server :D

https://discord.gg/B7j64Eg

Offline The.Ryan.Gamer

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 09 September 2020, 03:11:08 »
Man, it's just sad. Imagine having to pass because the Asia Vendor is KBDFans :(

First. No Credit Card Payment, 2nd i cannot forget the fake switches controversy.

I love this set, but unfortunately i have to pass  :(

Good Luck on the GB :thumb:

Offline worldtour

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 08:17:15 »
Probably the best looking keyset for 2020. I'm hype

Offline MIXO Cables

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 22:50:04 »
lavender pastel theme keycaps, loved it....

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 10:08:21 »
Probably the best looking keyset for 2020. I'm hype

Thanks!

Offline A3DRA

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 25 September 2020, 18:06:23 »
excited for this! would love to see a rama cap too :)))

Offline scie

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 28 September 2020, 07:42:35 »
I really like this set and especially the colour, but I am not sure about having the symbol and text on enter, backspace, tap, capslock and shift. Personally I am more of a just the symbol guy and not both. Text and symbol looks a bit much for me, especially on tap. It is too much going on, on that key.

Offline Bregoli

Re: [IC] GMK Alpine | DESKMATS! Vote for your favorite!
« Reply #92 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 12:37:26 »
Added Deskmats, Vote for your favorite deskmats, 4 will make the Cut!
https://forms.gle/6HTnpUHxsRdqrDYU6

Offline FaKe_VirTual

• * Maker
    • Virtual Designworks
« Reply #93 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 12:55:26 »

Was a pleasure working with you!

All the best for you IC and GB in December!

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 30 September 2020, 12:55:58 »

Was a pleasure working with you!

All the best for you IC and GB in December!

Thank you so much! :D

Offline boneandbee

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 10:40:45 »
The colours on this set + the novelties + the inspiration is really lovely. Makes me want to go to the mountains!

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #96 on: Fri, 02 October 2020, 16:16:39 »
If I said I would buy this before, I changed my mind. I dont like it anymore. Thanks for creating the set though ^_^
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline keebieweeb

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 02:49:42 »
the colourway here is to die for!! got my money locked and loaded

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 03 October 2020, 17:08:12 »
How is color matching going? I am a bit new but it seems GMK does a bit odd with pastels and wondered if you had chip samples to share?

Either way I love this set! It's really good I love uniform color sets/compat great work!
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline Bregoli

« Reply #99 on: Mon, 05 October 2020, 14:47:08 »
Deskmat winners announced!

It's a mix of what the community chose, as well as what I wanted to do. I hope I could please the most of you :D