Author Topic: What video games are you currently playing?  (Read 228138 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: What video games are you currently playing?
« Reply #1150 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 02:56:21 »
The Cuphead DLC is incredible. Hand-drawn animation, and a ton of love went into the boss designs and mechanics.
So good, and only $8! This is how DLC should be(I don't mind it took 2 years to make)

I think I will have to try this one soon.
I hesitated and left it for a long time, never liked this kind of scary animation when I was a kid.
Prefered smoother lines, like in donald duck  :))
9100 | 3070 | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
HHKB Pro Hybrid | Realforce 87U | Kbdfans Tiger 80 TKL | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks Frosty Flake | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: 7bit's R5 Symbiosis, Filco, SA Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL MT3: Godspeed, 9009 Topre: Kbdfans Hi Pro C64

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Heavyrock1212

• New to the hobby, and am obsessed currently
« Reply #1152 on: Fri, 08 July 2022, 00:56:22 »
Trackmania 2020 is probably my current favorite game, so much fun trying to improve your times on essentially infinite tracks made by the community. That being said Tarkov just wiped so I'm in that games clutches currently.
its better to cum in the sink then to sink in the cum

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • She/they/it
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1153 on: Tue, 19 July 2022, 20:27:34 »
I finished lego batman 3

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1154 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 10:45:25 »
wish Codemasters would make an Initial D game.. that'd be AWESOME..

Offline StickyBlueJuice

• Tactile pls
« Reply #1155 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 11:13:35 »
Started SWTOR with some friends playing through the story atm.
Other than that playing Days Gone.

Offline andymoor5

« Reply #1156 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 13:21:45 »
I like mining games where I can earn free bitcoins.  I like earn and play games. and it's the easiest way to get extra coins. When I need some extra coins, I just build virtual mining center and earn online. As for me it' a great way to get into crypto without any risks and having fun playing arcade games.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 July 2022, 05:55:09 by andymoor5 »

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1157 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 18:42:29 »
I beat Dusk recently! Great little game. Been playing MGS3 on the weekends. Besides that, you know I've been playing plenty of Fallout: New Vegas :D
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1158 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 02:50:42 »
I beat Dusk recently! Great little game. Been playing MGS3 on the weekends. Besides that, you know I've been playing plenty of Fallout: New Vegas :D
Show Image

Back in the days I started playing Fallout 1 and then 2, but never finished it.
I would like to play them again. Wondering which one I should play, 1 or 2?
9100 | 3070 | 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
HHKB Pro Hybrid | Realforce 87U | Kbdfans Tiger 80 TKL | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks Frosty Flake | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: 7bit's R5 Symbiosis, Filco, SA Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL MT3: Godspeed, 9009 Topre: Kbdfans Hi Pro C64

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #1159 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 14:27:22 »
Show Image

2, most definitely 2. Maybe look into some builds for the game just so you don't get stuck up crap creek without a paddle.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1160 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 14:21:53 »
anyone playing OSRS? There should be a Geekhack clan! Anyways if anybody plays, hit me up, my username is SlurmSoda420
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline smarmar

• My other car is a Model M
« Reply #1161 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 17:19:51 »
anyone playing OSRS? There should be a Geekhack clan! Anyways if anybody plays, hit me up, my username is SlurmSoda420
I lack the time and energy these days for MMOs. Back in the day I played Ultima Online but once my friends stopped playing...what was the point anymore.

Off-topic question: Why do you call yourself lazerpointer? Just curious because I work in the laser light industry.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal [Browns] | Hi-Tek RT-101 [NMB AT/XT] | Tandy Enhanced [Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi [AT]

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #1162 on: Sun, 31 July 2022, 18:36:28 »
I lack the time and energy these days for MMOs. Back in the day I played Ultima Online but once my friends stopped playing...what was the point anymore.

Off-topic question: Why do you call yourself lazerpointer? Just curious because I work in the laser light industry.

I have recently started a job which gives me much more time off, so I'm getting back into it. I just keep coming back to the game, I don't know why.

Regarding my username, it's nothing cool or anything like that. I'm a fan of Xmen (Cyclops) and I think lasers are cool in general. The profile pic is probably something you're familiar with, it's a laser eye damage warning which I inverted the colors of.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline phinix

« Reply #1163 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 02:58:13 »
Show Image

2, most definitely 2. Maybe look into some builds for the game just so you don't get stuck up crap creek without a paddle.

Cool. You say second one was better in everything? I mean graphics and story etc?
I was thinking of 2nd.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1164 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 16:01:21 »
Show Image

Cool. You say second one was better in everything? I mean graphics and story etc?
I was thinking of 2nd.

2 for sure. Huge amount of side story stuff in that game, endless dialogue, decent writing and ideas in FO2 as well that still hold up and are still being used by modern devs narrative-wise. If you liked Planescape Torment or Disco Elysium, you'll dig Fallout 2.

Be sure to install the Restoration Project mod, it makes everything much better and modernized. Fixes a ton of stuff, adds in a lot of cut/unfinished content.
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2022, 16:04:50 by noisyturtle »

Offline phinix

« Reply #1165 on: Tue, 02 August 2022, 02:53:30 »
Show Image

I was thinking of 2nd.

2 for sure. Huge amount of side story stuff in that game, endless dialogue, decent writing and ideas in FO2 as well that still hold up and are still being used by modern devs narrative-wise. If you liked Planescape Torment or Disco Elysium, you'll dig Fallout 2.

Be sure to install the Restoration Project mod, it makes everything much better and modernized. Fixes a ton of stuff, adds in a lot of cut/unfinished content.

Well, back in 90s I couldn't finish PLanescape Torment because of the amount of dialogs:) I want to play Disco so bad, but I'm worried that I will drown in unknown english words...
So yeah, I will then try 2nd, but already worried if its too much text for me. I like good story but not like in PLanescape when you spent hours on reading, instead of having fun. But will definitely try it. ANd need to get that mod as you said, thanks :thumb:

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1166 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 02:04:44 »
Playing RDR2 story mode...
Not sure if it's epic or just okay with pretty visuals and a decent story.

One thing I will say is I am tired of the game dictating what weapons to use at times and when you can run just to build drama. Or worse, get off the horse and find the game left your weapons on the horse when you got off while chasing an animal. I had them when I stepped off, reach for a shotgun and only finding a pistol to fend off 7 wolves. Gee, thanks.

It's Maddening.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1167 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 03:24:22 »
Playing RDR2 story mode...
Not sure if it's epic or just okay with pretty visuals and a decent story.

One thing I will say is I am tired of the game dictating what weapons to use at times and when you can run just to build drama. Or worse, get off the horse and find the game left your weapons on the horse when you got off while chasing an animal. I had them when I stepped off, reach for a shotgun and only finding a pistol to fend off 7 wolves. Gee, thanks.

It's Maddening.

No, its not epic.
Witcher 3 is epic.
RDR2 is ok game, I played for first hour and uninstalled it. Good graphics, but it did not pull me in. It was too boring at the beginning, at least for me.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1168 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 04:10:17 »
It does get better.
Took a bit and the intro was far too long (sort of like GTA), then it kind of slow burns.

I've read you're supposed to just sit back and enjoy the slower pace, unfortunately the pacing is horrible. You no sooner get into a slow casual pace only for it to do something stupid. It's stupid slow when it needs to be faster and fast when it doesn't need to be. And then a cougar jumps out of a bush and you die. There's almost nothing to this game except the primary mission, nothing on the side enhances the main story and nothing on the side tells much of anything. For such an open world, it's extremely desolate, predictable and linear.

I look forward to the end but I can't ever see playing it again.

The Witcher looks good but supernatural stuff just turns me off immediately.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide.

Offline phinix

« Reply #1169 on: Wed, 10 August 2022, 04:54:10 »
It does get better.
Took a bit and the intro was far too long (sort of like GTA), then it kind of slow burns.

I've read you're supposed to just sit back and enjoy the slower pace, unfortunately the pacing is horrible. You no sooner get into a slow casual pace only for it to do something stupid. It's stupid slow when it needs to be faster and fast when it doesn't need to be. And then a cougar jumps out of a bush and you die. There's almost nothing to this game except the primary mission, nothing on the side enhances the main story and nothing on the side tells much of anything. For such an open world, it's extremely desolate, predictable and linear.

I look forward to the end but I can't ever see playing it again.

The Witcher looks good but supernatural stuff just turns me off immediately.

This is why its so crap. Nothing more, you should be able to run in random sub-missions, some extra action etc
This is why Witcher is the best game ever - it has hundreds of small tasks, missions, lots of things is happenning around, you never ride through point to point without something extra happaning on the road.

I'm waiting for Enhanced version for PC, should here soon. Then I will play it whole thing again :-*