Author Topic: Spider Man No Way Home  (Read 3667 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
Spider Man No Way Home
« on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 12:38:00 »
I know most of you are in your older age (20-70) here, but who has snagged tickets for them and their families here?

Are you excited for the movie? I sure am! On December 22nd, i will do matrix, followed by kingsmen. It's going to be an awesome christmas break and i am very excited :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Spider Man No Way Home
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 14:01:27 »
Such youthful optimism.

hurrrrrrggghh...  Mah_ Back.....   it went out just from giving compliments on the internet.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 02 December 2021, 18:02:54 »

most of you are in your older age (20-70)

I am not yet 70 and I think that I am the oldest one here. Anyone heard from Terrapin recently?
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 17:18:59 »
Just watched Carnage last night. I don't really like the direction they took Venom in that one, I enjoyed the 1st film way more.

But the post credits scene made absolutely zero sense to me. Why did he appear in some hotel room in the tropics? Why was Spider Man on tv with no mask? Why did he instantly focus on that weirdly with zero prompting or explanation? I'm glad Spider Man and Venom worked out their licensing differences, but that scene made no sense to me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 03 December 2021, 19:13:34 »
Just watched Carnage last night. I don't really like the direction they took Venom in that one, I enjoyed the 1st film way more.

But the post credits scene made absolutely zero sense to me. Why did he appear in some hotel room in the tropics? Why was Spider Man on tv with no mask? Why did he instantly focus on that weirdly with zero prompting or explanation? I'm glad Spider Man and Venom worked out their licensing differences, but that scene made no sense to me.

LTBCarnage was kind of messy/inconsequential. They didn't deepen the lore, the movie felt like they were merely using comedy to cover up for the <pointless> cgi violence.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 09:51:50 »
I know most of you are in your older age (20-70)
20 is old now?!

I'm well into my 30s and may well find myself in the cinema to watch any of the movies you mentioned (not with my non existent family I might add :P) but planning in advance is not my thing.
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 16:59:47 »
I know most of you are in your older age (20-70)
20 is old now?!

I'm well into my 30s and may well find myself in the cinema to watch any of the movies you mentioned (not with my non existent family I might add :P) but planning in advance is not my thing.

Gekha Geriatrics Crew // Represent

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 06:27:02 »
20 is old compared to a pre-teen I guess.  lmao

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 14:25:17 »
Old is always 10 years older than you currently are, until you reach somewhere in your 40s and ask yourself, "Wait, am I the old one now??"

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 07:22:36 »
Old is always 10 years older than you currently are, until you reach somewhere in your 40s and ask yourself, "Wait, am I the old one now??"
I always looked at it as "old" had to be more than half way dead and young me learned people should live to 70, so the bar is set at 40.  As approach it I don't think time is a good measure and instead question whether "old" is defined by lifestyle and life choices, attitude, or physical and mental decline and by any of these metrics I'm not there yet.  It's likely I'll never hit the threshold of the first two and when the last starts to affect me seriously I'll be planning my exit.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 20:35:01 »
I always looked at it as "old" had to be more than half way dead and young me learned people should live to 70, so the bar is set at 40.  As approach it I don't think time is a good measure and instead question whether "old" is defined by lifestyle and life choices, attitude, or physical and mental decline and by any of these metrics I'm not there yet.  It's likely I'll never hit the threshold of the first two and when the last starts to affect me seriously I'll be planning my exit.

Old is when you can no longer date a college girl and not come off as a creep  :))

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 20:37:32 »
The old rule of thumb used to be "half your age + 3"
"It turns out that for a decade, whenever Trump wanted to get a loan, or make a deal, he would inflate the value of his real estate. For instance, suggesting that his 11,000-square foot penthouse was a 30,000-square foot penthouse.
And the attorney general of New York knew that Trump's property values were inflated because when it came time to pay taxes, Trump undervalued the very same properties.
It was all part of a very sophisticated real estate practice known as “lying.”
- Jon Stewart 2024-03-28

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 11 December 2021, 20:39:45 »
The old rule of thumb used to be "half your age + 3"

I dunno, 33 and 60 seems gross.

I always had the rule 13 years. You date someone over/under 13 years from your age you just won't have anything to talk about. It gets worse and worse the bigger that gap gets, a 60 year old would look at a 33 year old like they were an alien. A ****able alien.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 December 2021, 03:47:50 »
Old is when you can no longer date a college girl and not come off as a creep  :))
College here finishes at 18, pretty sure it's older (21?) for you though so not so bad.  Acceptable at 30 here?  Maybe just, if she's one of the oldest in her year.

At this point it's not a creepy old guy looking too young it's the lady's interest that's strange.  Though probably the interest is in the inheritance rather than the guy...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 16 December 2021, 08:21:32 »
College here finishes at 18, pretty sure it's older (21?) for you though so not so bad.  Acceptable at 30 here?  Maybe just, if she's one of the oldest in her year.

At this point it's not a creepy old guy looking too young it's the lady's interest that's strange.  Though probably the interest is in the inheritance rather than the guy...

Going to see spooderman no way home will let you know how it goes

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 04:45:00 »
Going to see spooderman no way home will let you know how it goes
Enjoy!  I'm home sick hoping it's not covid so no movies for me :(
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 08:40:54 »
Theatre had no kids and i had fun watching the movie best marvel movie of the year 9/10