Author Topic: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE  (Read 180621 times)

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
Re: EliteKeyboards IS READYING A CLACK SALE
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:11:16 »
Ok well:

1. That wasn't directed at you, but:
2. Why do you feel like you have to be his champion?  Not only is your reason flimsy at best, you were completely misconstruing something someone else was saying just to keep arguing(I'll quote if I need to).  Or do you get angry at everyone that doesn't like the practices of things you think are very reputable?  This is not a comment either way as I actually think this whole conversation is superficially motivated, but seriously you have no ivory tower or white horse to feel the need to look down from upon.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #201 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:20:33 »
 :))

What's wrong with defending a retailer? There's nothing wrong with defending a retailer. People are saying hurtful things, and I'm trying to defend some person from those hurtful things.

But, you're right. I think I did go overboard there, a little. LOL!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:26:10 »
I didn't claim any wrong-doing. 

But anyways, friendship song time.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #203 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:31:40 »
No, you did... Let's be honest. You said, I was speaking as if I was looking down an ivory tower. In other words, you thought I was being holier than thou.

But, in all honesty, some of the things that were said here were kind of ridiculous. Seriously. There are people threatening to boycott EK, just because they're not getting their clacks soon enough. That is a little crazy, IMO. But, I'll let it rest. You're right. I'm just gonna let it go.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #204 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:39:32 »

People are up in arms, calling EK "Mr. Burns", and threatening boycott just because they can't get their clacks soon enough. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.

you're getting a bit excited there chief, I don't think anyone is calling for a boycott. A couple of ppl have said they will spend their money elsewhere. A boycott is political, most of us just have a short attention span and limited income. Personally I spent my disposable bit of income for that week on yum cha and enjoyed it very much. It hasn't stopped me checking the site, just not as regularly. And it does look to me like dangling a carrot to increase interest in the site and the other few items he sells. This idea of making it fair is pointless, fair by what standards? Everyone gets one? There aren't enough. The product doesn't need advertising, we do it for him, and it will sell out immediately regardless of any other factors, timezone/price whatever

edit: you said much the same in your post above and I agree, he has no obligation to anyone, except IMO to just bloody get on with it.

people moan about the high price of these in the resale market well for me now that is more about convenience than anything else, it's a lot easier than buying it from a shop.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:44:44 by mehkat1974 »
HHKB Type-S / KBC Poker with reds

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:44:05 »
People are up in arms, calling EK "Mr. Burns", and threatening boycott just because they can't get their clacks soon enough. I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous.
If you are referring to me I have every right to boycott a company if I don't agree with their business practices, just the same that if a company wants to risk losing customers with fuzzy release dates and insinuating that someone with a pre-sale question isn't a customer, they can do so.

I kinda like EK sometimes. I was even offered some kind of job on reddit via PM after giving some constructive criticism. Companies don't just magically get better, it takes place from people saying what they do and don't like. If a lot of people voice their opinion they may change their method to keep customers happy.

If apple kept the iPhone 6 in a "coming soon" state for ages without a definitive release date people might elect to buy an Android phone. After waiting over a week for uncertainty and "Soon..." I decided to buy a Coolermaster keyboard and a bunch of keys from feng instead of a leopold and three clacks. Sure if I have some money left in the budget I may try and pick up the Oktoberfest CC, but I'm no longer interested in a 3 cap purchase like I was previously because I don't like being told I'm not a customer, AND I don't approve of the current method of announcement and tease.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline singaporean123

• I like keycaps and I cannot lie
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:56:32 »
I guess from EK's POV they're giving everyone ample time to get ready, get their money together, get some decisions made and buy more than just the clacks from their site.

They may be able to sell something like 5 or 10 keyboards given that people have a week to think about what ELSE they want other than the CC.

If they were going to release the CC the moment they were ready for sale, most people would be OMGZ CC ADD TO CART CHECK OUT BUY PAY WAIT FOR MAIL.

Maybe this week long grace may give some people time to think about that HHKB/leopold/realforce that they've always wanted.

Then again.. if something's going to be in stock but not ready for sale for more than a week it will be nice if we get a rough gauge on when they'll be ready for order.

tl;dr : If you want CC at affordable prices you've got to wait:)

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:57:21 »
This idea of making it fair is pointless, fair by what standards? Everyone gets one? There aren't enough. The product doesn't need advertising, we do it for him, and it will sell out immediately regardless of any other factors, timezone/price whatever

people moan about the high price of these in the resale market well for me now that is more about convenience than anything else, it's a lot easier than buying it from a shop.

Wait a sec... so you prefer, that EK doesn't have a fair system, so you have a better chance at getting your hands on one. And if not, then you're going to do your business elsewhere. In other words, if EK doesn't do what you want, you're going to stop business with them.

I'm sorry, but that just reeks of entitlement to me. This is a personal shop. The boss can do whatever he wants. He's selling these clacks as a business - he's not doing this as a personal favor to anyone. I mean... if you feel like you want to do business elsewhere, just because you don't get what you want, then... by all means.

If you are referring to me I have every right to boycott a company if I don't agree with their business practices, just the same that if a company wants to risk losing customers with fuzzy release dates and insinuating that someone with a pre-sale question isn't a customer, they can do so.

I kinda like EK sometimes. I was even offered some kind of job on reddit via PM after giving some constructive criticism. Companies don't just magically get better, it takes place from people saying what they do and don't like. If a lot of people voice their opinion they may change their method to keep customers happy.

If apple kept the iPhone 6 in a "coming soon" state for ages without a definitive release date people might elect to buy an Android phone. After waiting over a week for uncertainty and "Soon..." I decided to buy a Coolermaster keyboard and a bunch of keys from feng instead of a leopold and three clacks. Sure if I have some money left in the budget I may try and pick up the Oktoberfest CC, but I'm no longer interested in a 3 cap purchase like I was previously because I don't like being told I'm not a customer, AND I don't approve of the current method of announcement and tease.

Like I said... I can't argue with whatever you guys decide to do. I'm just here expressing my opinion. It's a little ridiculous to have such a sense of entitlement towards a business. No one owes you anything. EK isn't doing anything illegal, isn't doing anything morally reprehensible. I'm just here saying, some of the things said here are a little unfair towards the company.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:02:01 »
edit @ singaporean

I bet real money that doesn't happen I have tried to do that myself but their archaic shopping cart system (maybe this is what they have been upgrading/testing) means that you miss out on stuff as you're adding items.

OMGZ CC ADD TO CART CHECK OUT BUY PAY WAIT FOR MAIL

that's exactly how a clack sale goes, I don't think they can change it, unless they give priority to ppl buying other stuff, like buy a HHKB, guaranteed a couple of caps, but somehow I don't think a lot of ppl would see that as fair

fuzzbunny I'm saying it's already fair. I don't have a sense of entitlement, I have missed out at every one of these sales because it happened at a time when I wasn't around, I didn't go around moaning about how I should have got one, I shrugged my shoulders and went back to reddit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:08:11 by mehkat1974 »

Offline MMB

• I no longer use this account. Please email me.
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:06:38 »
So many angry people over a CC sale.....

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:08:06 »
Ripster had a really good meme for this...

But I cant find it :(

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:13:23 »
There are reasons why companies don't sell and advertise like this and elect to give solid release dates only when they can honor them. EK is getting back negativity because of what they put out there. If they had given an exact date, or simply announced when people could buy with an email notification then none of these threads would have started, and people wouldn't have gotten upset. They are the cause, and our responses are the effect ie: causality

I don't see any entitlement in anything I've said wishing they would have thought out their announcement and sale methods and phraseology on their web page.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #212 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:13:51 »
yes please someone post up a meme, brilliant

edit^^ I agree with this, I'm not angry, I don't have sense of entitlement for anything. I would like to buy something from a shop that has been advertising a product for well over a week and refusing to sell it.

If I miss out I will not care. I don't understand how the sales aren't fair in the first place, I would love it if someone could explain why the system of selling something until there's none left isn't fair, who is feeling left out?
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:18:41 by mehkat1974 »

Offline dirge

« Reply #213 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:15:46 »
A clack sale you say? It arouses the mighty tiger behind my fly.

Simpsons episode "Homer loves Flanders " watch the scene where he camps out for tickets.

They seem to be adding into cart now for me ;p
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:16:40 »
Not a meme but probably applicable:

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:21:50 »
LOL. You're mad that I called you self-entitled. LOL!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:25:05 »
You are literally like 4.762 hitlers  ;)

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:26:04 »
Lol found it

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:35:56 »
You are literally like 4.762 hitlers  ;)

I'm not entirely certain that is exact enough.  For surety's sake, always go to the hundred-thousandth digit.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 01:56:46 »
Im just posting pics, nothing personal :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 02:41:03 »
The more people that decide to take their business elsewhere, the more clacks there are for the rest of us :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 02:48:31 »
The more people that decide to take their business elsewhere, the more clacks there are for the rest of us :)
LOL. Only reason why I'd decide not to get the clack is due to me realising that $30 for a single key is a lot if only me in my dark dungeon can see it. But I feel guilt about everything I buy anything, so trying to talk myself out of buying it isn't a bad thing  :))
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline MMB

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 02:48:49 »

Offline dirge

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 02:49:29 »
Hope they limit to 1 per person.
Thinking about things isn't the same as doing things. Otherwise everybody would be in jail.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 03:13:01 »
^ 1 of each type per person, you mean.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 03:30:43 »

you're wrong. Please explain why you think the way the sell them isn't fair... Let me guess, you haven't got any?

Offline Batmann

« Reply #226 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 03:35:13 »
I was like "Mehhh..." until I red this page
Those MEME/pics/gif  put me in a good mood!
Clack War is good after all

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 03:46:43 »

you're wrong. Please explain why you think the way the sell them isn't fair... Let me guess, you haven't got any?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I've been saying all along, that the way EK has things set up, right now, as it is, IS fair.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 03:59:43 by fuzzybaffy »

Offline dirge

« Reply #228 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 03:52:24 »
^ 1 of each type per person, you mean.

nope just 1, not one of each.  People shouldn't be that greedy.  If its 1 each many people will get what they want.

One of each normally means people buy all they can in the hope to trade for something else later on.

More than one clack on a keyboard looks ****ing stupid anyway.

Offline MMB

« Reply #229 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 04:00:56 »

OH NO HE DIDN'T....!!!

Offline dirge

« Reply #230 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 04:10:54 »
Clack sales remind me of this Simpsons scene:

Homer can't resist the big game, so he camps out in front of the ticket
booth.  And his strategy pays off -- he's second in the huge line.

Homer: Heh heh heh, I did it!  Second in line, and all I had to do was
       miss eight days of work.
  Man: With the money you would have made working, you could have bought
       tickets from a scalper.
Homer: In theory, yes.  Jerk.

The wicket opens for selling tickets.  The first man in line steps up.

Man: Give me, er, 30,000 tickets.
Woman: That'll be $950,000 please.
  Man: Look, the thing about that is, I only got $10 on me.  Can I pay
       you the rest later?
Woman: Sure.

The man walks off with a big stack of tickets, and the woman puts a
"Sold Out" sign in the window.  Homer sighs and slumps against the
wicket.

Offline mehkat1974

« Reply #231 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 04:53:26 »

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I've been saying all along, that the way EK has things set up, right now, as it is, IS fair.

Then we are saying the same thing! I never once said I don't think it's fair... apparently this whole wait a week thing is because EK want to make things fair, well I don't understand what the problem is in the first place. Like I said, if I don't get one I move on, it doesn't bother me. Some ppl are lucky with the timing, I never have been. All I am saying is ffs get on with it

could not agree more
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 November 2012, 04:55:09 by mehkat1974 »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #232 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 07:46:06 »
I wish people would use avatars, as without them I have to read people's names and then remember them.. like whats that all about?

Offline thegunner100

• (╯'□')╯︵</3 ノ( '-'ノ)
    • The Emotional Skyscraper
« Reply #233 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 08:28:20 »
I wish people would use avatars, as without them I have to read people's names and then remember them.. like whats that all about?

Agreed, I usually recognize people by avatars first. It's faster than reading.
Input Devices:CM QF Rapidx2 ~ REALFORCE 87uw 45/55g ~ Logitech G5v2 ~ Wacom Bamboo CTH-460

Audio Setup: look me up on head-fi
Check out my blog on touhou/doujin music, audiophile gear, and doujin games!

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #234 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 08:38:54 »
Hahaha, so people like me often piss people off :p

Dont worry, am working on finding a suitable avatar :)

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #235 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 08:40:54 »

Oh wait, that's the wrong avatar... carry on.
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline dirge

« Reply #236 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 08:41:25 »
My avatar's invisible to stupid people.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #237 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 08:53:10 »
LOLOL CLiB!

Was thinking along those lines as well :p

Great minds think alike HAHAHA!

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 09:29:51 »
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline BlindRAGE606

• Prince of All Saiyans
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 10:22:10 »
Well, that escalated quickly.

Downhill thread is going downhill.

DUCKY TKL MX BLACK | HHKB PRO 2 | BEAST PH&LACEWOOD

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #240 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 10:28:13 »
nice pic flynn ^.^
-wd

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 12:34:42 »

isn't that the only direction a clack thread can go?

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 12:51:47 »

isn't that the only direction a clack thread can go?

Amen to that.  Can't believe how much whining.

Offline dirge

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 12:55:15 »
Amen to that.  Can't believe how much whining.

This is just the warmup whine, then comes the too late you just missed out whiners, then the constant drone of the you just bought them to make money etc etc.... repeat every other month until the Chinese copy them and mass produce them in horrible colour combinations.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #244 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 12:57:09 »
Even if I don't get some I can enjoy the *****ing that will follow :D

Offline dirge

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 12:59:10 »

I want to mow your grass and send it to click clack to make a skull cap out of it for you.  Then when you go to take a photo you'll not be able to see it!

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #246 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 13:00:14 »

I want to mow your grass and send it to click clack to make a skull cap out of it for you.  Then when you go to take a photo you'll not be able to see it!

That sounds seedy!

Offline dirge

« Reply #247 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 13:01:33 »
I'm out there now covered in green paint looking through your window...

...put some ****ing pants on!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #248 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 13:17:12 »
I'm all kinds of confused

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #249 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 13:20:21 »
nice pic flynn ^.^

Thanks! Glad to see you still around here these days too