geekhack Community > Keyboards

Matias Tactile Pro 2

<< < (2/8) > >>

fkeidjn:

--- Quote from: Bluemercury ---What's the difference between the model M buckling springs with this mechanical switches???
--- End quote ---

The model M is actually a membrane keyboard, but instead of the rubber domes, you have buckling springs.  This site has more information on how the buckling spring actually works.  As for the mechanical switch keyboard, each key has its own switch to function.

Bluemercury:

--- Quote from: fkeidjn ---
--- Quote from: Bluemercury ---What's the difference between the model M buckling springs with this mechanical switches???
--- End quote ---

The model M is actually a membrane keyboard, but instead of the rubber domes, you have buckling springs.  This site has more information on how the buckling spring actually works.  As for the mechanical switch keyboard, each key has its own switch to function.
--- End quote ---

Is the feeling identical between the two?

iMav:

--- Quote from: Bluemercury ---Is the feeling identical between the two?
--- End quote ---

They definitely feel different.  But I suspect if you are a big fan of the "feel" of the buckling spring keyboards, you'd like a high tactile mechanical keyswitch.  

I've always been a big Model M fan...and very much like the feel of the blue-stemmed Cherry switches.  I primarily swtich between a HHKB Pro, a Model M "mini", and a blue-stemmed SMK-88.  It is key layout that has me favoring the HHKB Pro right now.  The electrical capacitive keys on the HHKB Pro are certainly nice (and quite a bit quieter), but I have a feeling I'd really like a blue Cherry HHKB very much (or even a bucking spring one).

All are a marked improvement over the run-of-the-mill, mushy crap keyboards that seem so common these days.

Bluemercury:

--- Quote from: iMav ---
--- Quote from: Bluemercury ---Is the feeling identical between the two?
--- End quote ---

They definitely feel different.  But I suspect if you are a big fan of the "feel" of the buckling spring keyboards, you'd like a high tactile mechanical keyswitch.  

I've always been a big Model M fan...and very much like the feel of the blue-stemmed Cherry switches.  I primarily swtich between a HHKB Pro, a Model M "mini", and a blue-stemmed SMK-88.  It is key layout that has me favoring the HHKB Pro right now.  The electrical capacitive keys on the HHKB Pro are certainly nice (and quite a bit quieter), but I have a feeling I'd really like a blue Cherry HHKB very much (or even a bucking spring one).

All are a marked improvement over the run-of-the-mill, mushy crap keyboards that seem so common these days.
--- End quote ---

Where can i find one of these mechanical types? i wonder if there are european shops selling those...

xsphat:
The Cherry rep I recently talked to said that Cherry blue and brown stemmed keyboards (tactile) are still quite popular in Europe, so in theory you should have an easier time finding something than we in the US could.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version