geekhack Community > Keyboards

WHY is the HHKB superior?

<< < (3/41) > >>

sth:
im not determined im just right GOD DANG GET IT HAVE IT OWN IT LOVE IT FRIIIICK

Sagii:

--- Quote from: epzy on Tue, 20 May 2014, 06:22:19 ---You know where the backspace is on most keyboards, right? On the HHKB there's two 1u keys where the backspace normally is.

--- End quote ---

Ahhhhh... NOW I see it.. god damn confusing

Oobly:
Well, it's a very well thought out layout and many people who try it love it. Also, they say the Topre switches grow on you and after a while you really like them....

Not me, though. I prefer the layout and switches on my KBT Pure. The disadvantages of the HHKB Pro 2 are that if you don't like the layout or the switch feel you are stuck. With a board like a Poker 2 you can simply reprogram the layout and change / modify the switches as you see fit to get them to feel how you like. Also, you can add / change LED's to get the backlighting how you want. Not to mention the aftermarket case and especially keycap options. you can even program the HHKB layout on it if you like (except for the Fn next to the shift key).

HHKB Pro 2 uses Topre switches and they are not MX keycap compatible and there are VERY few keycap options available. Also, the space bars are made from ABS even though the rest of the caps are PBT.

MX switches are prefered for gaming, too. Especially for FPS games.

So, I would but a Poker 2 if I needed a new 60%, but that's personal preference.

I shudder to to think what the HHKB Pro 2 would cost in Norway.....  :eek: You'd probably be able to sell it there quite easily afterwards, though, if you decide you don't like it, so....

Sagii:

--- Quote from: Oobly on Tue, 20 May 2014, 06:47:28 ---Well, it's a very well thought out layout and many people who try it love it. Also, they say the Topre switches grow on you and after a while you really like them....

Not me, though. I prefer the layout and switches on my KBT Pure. The disadvantages of the HHKB Pro 2 are that if you don't like the layout or the switch feel you are stuck. With a board like a Poker 2 you can simply reprogram the layout and change / modify the switches as you see fit to get them to feel how you like. Also, you can add / change LED's to get the backlighting how you want. Not to mention the aftermarket case and especially keycap options. you can even program the HHKB layout on it if you like (except for the Fn next to the shift key).

HHKB Pro 2 uses Topre switches and they are not MX keycap compatible and there are VERY few keycap options available. Also, the space bars are made from ABS even though the rest of the caps are PBT.

So, I would but a Poker 2 if I needed a new 60%, but that's personal preference.

I shudder to to think what the HHKB Pro 2 would cost in Norway.....  :eek: You'd probably be able to sell it there quite easily afterwards, though, if you decide you don't like it, so....

--- End quote ---

There's no way of getting a hold of an HHKB in Norway unless you order internationally (AFAIK). So I'd have to buy from EK or something like that ^^' would end up at about just under 300$ :)

atlas3686:

--- Quote from: Sagii on Tue, 20 May 2014, 06:49:35 ---
--- Quote from: Oobly on Tue, 20 May 2014, 06:47:28 ---Well, it's a very well thought out layout and many people who try it love it. Also, they say the Topre switches grow on you and after a while you really like them....

--- End quote ---

There's no way of getting a hold of an HHKB in Norway unless you order internationally (AFAIK). So I'd have to buy from EK or something like that ^^' would end up at about just under 300$ :)

--- End quote ---

My advice would be to keep an eye out for one 2nd hand or buy with a proxy from Japan.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version