Author Topic: Seattle Meet Up Summer 2017  (Read 26062 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Seattle Meet Up Summer 2017
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:45:23 »

Can you just keep your salt out of here? People are trying to discuss the Seattle meet up. Complain somewhere else about reddit.

Who's doing what ?

Tp4 only here for the Femalez. ...

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:52:17 »
And again salt, edgy and **** like that ..... **** you and good bye ... I won't be missed

P.S: there is no Seatle thread just a bunch of posts with links to something else. There is no community left here
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:52:59 »
And again salt, edgy and **** like that ..... **** you and good bye ... I won't be missed

P.S: there is no Seatle thread just a bunch of posts with links to something else. There is no community left here

Don't say that DT..   Tp4 still here for u..

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 11:53:15 »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:03:32 »

The megathread is actually on reddit lol. It's https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6p1wsy/seattle_meetup_photo_megathread/

Despite jetpacktuxedo's best efforts, it's not as visible as everyone's individual albums. It's actually one of the things I really dislike about reddit and why I prefer GeekHack. Nonetheless, I'm more involved with the keyboard scene here in Seattle primarily due to reddit and the sense of community it has provided. We now have our own slack channel, but a lot of those members were derived from reddit. The first two Seattle meetups were run by my coworker and he was very much involved in GeekHack.

But I guess times change. I do agree with you that it seems people have left GeekHack and "sold out to reddit". From Google Analytics I see that about half my views come from reddit and I actually get very few views from GeekHack. I think people are part of reddit because it reaches a larger audience.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:13:56 »

But I guess times change. I do agree with you that it seems people have left GeekHack and "sold out to reddit". From Google Analytics I see that about half my views come from reddit and I actually get very few views from GeekHack. I think people are part of reddit because it reaches a larger audience.

I keep telling you that ya need them h0t females in ur videos.. hahahahahaha

why is the majority of anyone on the internet..

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 12:38:17 »
I hate reddit's UI, but there is where the Seattle folks are.  It is time we have regional sub forums on Geekhack. 

Merlin, link me to your Slack channel please.

Offline litster

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:03:52 »
Also, a twitch.tv stream on the meetup part https://www.twitch.tv/videos/161438807

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:09:37 »
I must apologize for the quality of the talks stream. We had several tech difficulties such as someone stepping on our converter box and our computer not working as intended. We had intended to use a much better camera, but ended up using our backup....which was a webcam.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 13:33:24 »

**** off then, you're right about the part of not being missed all I'v ever seen you been is a whiny baby and a salt lord as well

Go on off you pop
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:21:16 »
//Head-scratch.

Why is everyone so angry all of a sudden..

Did someone sleep with someone then not sleep with someone else and now everyone is actually mad about not having been slept with ?

hahahahahahaahha

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:28:01 »
Has anyone else noticed ?  Gekhakrs are actually pretty skinny for the most part..

Looks way more trim than the average mall -crew.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:32:32 »
Who's this with the 1050 Ti.

Tp4 thinking about getting one for hevc//h265

174098-0

Offline litster

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:32:47 »
Whoa, what's up with DanielT?  conversations like this only happens on forums.  Didn't see anything like this during the meetup, which of course, was in person.  DanielT, don't let me see you in person, or I may have to shake your hand and exchange pleasentry.

There was time when GH went belly up, DT was generous enough to open us a subforum for GH people to hang out until GH was revived.  We come together for what we love.  As much as how I don't like to use Reddit, you have to give it to the /r/MK folks for building it out to such a large community.  After all, there wouldn't be /r/MK if GH didn't ban certain someone. 

Now, how do I down vote DanielT's posts on GH?

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:41:01 »

I don't know what you define as hot girls, but my last couple videos had hot grills =)

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:46:38 »
Whoa, what's up with DanielT?  conversations like this only happens on forums.  Didn't see anything like this during the meetup, which of course, was in person.  DanielT, don't let me see you in person, or I may have to shake your hand and exchange pleasentry.

There was time when GH went belly up, DT was generous enough to open us a subforum for GH people to hang out until GH was revived.  We come together for what we love.  As much as how I don't like to use Reddit, you have to give it to the /r/MK folks for building it out to such a large community.  After all, there wouldn't be /r/MK if GH didn't ban certain someone. 

Now, how do I down vote DanielT's posts on GH?

Wow what happened while I was recovering from after party damages?

I remember when we went to DT too, lit. They were so nice to us.

If you haven't received an invite yet, pm me your email so you can get into the Seattle community slack! We do small group stuff frequently :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 14:49:11 »

I don't know what you define as hot girls, but my last couple videos had hot grills =)

hrrrm...

okokok

reference point, kim hee sun,   + or  -  2.0  ,  would still be very good for the videos..

Offline hapakey

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 15:31:07 »
We come together for what we love.  As much as how I don't like to use Reddit, you have to give it to the /r/MK folks for building it out to such a large community.  After all, there wouldn't be /r/MK if GH didn't ban certain someone. 

You mean Ripster?

Offline pixzee

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:03:08 »
i don't post much (ever) on geekhack but i just wanted to say i had a great time at this event! thank you to everyone who came out and made made it so enjoyable  ;D

Offline MaNiFeX

• Wu Tang Killa Keebs
    • MaNiFeX.net
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:08:06 »
Came up from Portland and had a great time.   :thumb:  I expected 75-150 people.  Something like 400 showed?!

Great space, cool people.  Met up with Merlin, RoosterC0gburn vin.  Got to meet jchan, boop, RAMA, Evan from Van keyboards, Phil from technomancy, guys from Massdrop, dudes who were in my group buy!!!  It was ****in' sweet. 

The only thing missing was beer!  Thanks all!  Really didn't expect such a huge show.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:35:25 »
It's crazy how much the Seattle meet's grown in just 2 years. First meet there were like only 20 people, if that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:35:30 »
We come together for what we love.  As much as how I don't like to use Reddit, you have to give it to the /r/MK folks for building it out to such a large community.  After all, there wouldn't be /r/MK if GH didn't ban certain someone. 

You mean Ripster?
(Attachment Link)

Drama Hack,  we're back ,  2017. wh00t wh00t.

Offline yuppie

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 17:59:43 »

You mean Ripster?
(Attachment Link)

Drama Hack,  we're back ,  2017. wh00t wh00t.

haha! All that aside, meetup was quite comfy. Made new friends and met old friends IRL. Gave me a lot more faith in the commune and made me want to get more involved! Looking forward to the next.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 18:09:06 »

haha! All that aside, meetup was quite comfy. Made new friends and met old friends IRL. Gave me a lot more faith in the commune and made me want to get more involved! Looking forward to the next.

How many female digitz u snagged ?

Offline yuppie

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 18:13:08 »

Like 17 ... hundred.  :cool:
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 18:45:02 »

OMG....

Let tp4 borrow 1x  por favor..

tp4 give back after female reject tp4.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 24 July 2017, 23:17:28 »
I'm so happy to see how GH sold out to reddit.... I guess we can close GH and call it a day if people resume to link to that **** forum instead of telling the stories in the place where all started.

So instead of enjoying the fact that people came together from all sorts of places to enjoy keyboards (which is what we're all here for in the first place), you're going to complain that the picture link is from reddit.

Great sense of community you have there.
said the Klan master.....

Daniel...  What is going on?  I remember you as a member very concerned with community, friendliness, and integrity.  Now when people are sharing experiences across "community lines" (not a fan of divided communities to begin with, but it is what it is), you crap all over them?  Seriously?  This is disappointing...  :|  The Seattle crew is incredibly active on reddit, so let's embrace that.  We are all one big keyboard family, and the most important thing is that we have a solid group of people supporting each other, regardless of their URL.  I mean, come on...

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 26 July 2017, 22:21:15 »
Came up from Portland and had a great time.   :thumb:  I expected 75-150 people.  Something like 400 showed?!

Great space, cool people.  Met up with Merlin, RoosterC0gburn vin.  Got to meet jchan, boop, RAMA, Evan from Van keyboards, Phil from technomancy, guys from Massdrop, dudes who were in my group buy!!!  It was ****in' sweet. 

The only thing missing was beer!  Thanks all!  Really didn't expect such a huge show.

There was actually a super.. huge.. after-party that was mucho crazy and my couch/rug were punished for it ROFL.

Yuppie even came to my house and HUNG OUT WITH ME. I'm so lucky.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 11:05:51 »

Yuppie even came to my house and HUNG OUT WITH ME. I'm so lucky.

Why... ahh.....  why were u compelled to put those terms in caps..

HUNG    OUT     WITH      ME......

/Gets out lost notebook
/What does it all mean ??