Author Topic: [GB] Vintage Keyboard Mega Lot  (Read 21382 times)

Offline doodersbrother

Re: [GB] Vintage Keyboard Mega Lot
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 15:25:51 »
I still don't even know if my order has been accepted...

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 16:05:33 »
You seem to have a lot of time to do all these. What about your earlier commitments?
I have a lot on my plate, so if anyone wants their keyboards sometime in 2015 there's gotta be some teamwork here.

I am also still waiting on an invoice.

I will pay for a shipping label in a little bit.

I still haven't got my invoice though.

i dont know who wants what, or what it costs so i cant send invoices. I expect payment will be made to evan directly but that's up to whoever's handling the payment logistics
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2015, 16:08:03 by dorkvader »

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 16:12:31 »
I expect payment will be made to evan directly but that's up to whoever's handling the payment logistics

Wait, you picked up a bunch of keyboards from evan and he hasn't been paid yet?  :-\

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 17:01:40 »
No invoice yet... Whats going on here?

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 19 June 2015, 21:22:13 »
You seem to have a lot of time to do all these. What about your earlier commitments?
I have a lot on my plate, so if anyone wants their keyboards sometime in 2015 there's gotta be some teamwork here.

Best not to take on new commitments until the old ones are settled. It's the death of all group buys. We're having a big problem with a Tai Hao group buy because GhostofHarry got overloaded when he took on new commitments at school without having finished the group buy.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 20 June 2015, 15:58:17 »
I can help with orders here to some extent. dorkvader can you please contact me off thread and let me know exactly what you have? We can work up prices and get some invoices sent. As long as you can physically pack and ship these I can handle some of the rest. I have some experience with selling hundreds of keyboards.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 01:01:59 »
I expect payment will be made to evan directly but that's up to whoever's handling the payment logistics

Wait, you picked up a bunch of keyboards from evan and he hasn't been paid yet?  :-\
He's been a real pal.
No invoice yet... Whats going on here?
Still figuring out how to get kbs out of my garage and into your hands in the easiest way possible

I can help with orders here to some extent. dorkvader can you please contact me off thread and let me know exactly what you have? We can work up prices and get some invoices sent. As long as you can physically pack and ship these I can handle some of the rest. I have some experience with selling hundreds of keyboards.
thanks very much for the offer. Let's get this GB on the road!

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 02:14:24 »
EDIT: Never mind, actually read the post correctly to get my information. :P
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2015, 02:18:05 by Air tree »

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 21 June 2015, 23:05:14 »

Best not to take on new commitments until the old ones are settled. It's the death of all group buys. We're having a big problem with a Tai Hao group buy because GhostofHarry got overloaded when he took on new commitments at school without having finished the group buy.

Time is running out. In less than 24 hours I post.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 June 2015, 00:47:08 by berserkfan »
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 13:54:36 »
Post where? Sorry, I don't follow. I was maybe going to help sending invoices but still need to touch base with dorkvader.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 13:56:12 »
Post where? Sorry, I don't follow. I was maybe going to help sending invoices but still need to touch base with dorkvader.

Pretty sure this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread and is an issue between berserkfan and dorkvader.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 22 June 2015, 14:16:21 »

Pretty sure this has absolutely nothing to do with this thread and is an issue between berserkfan and dorkvader.

Yup, and he's decided to spam all of dv's posts.

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #62 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 09:21:26 »
dorkvader and I chatted last night. I'll probably help with this keyboard group buy by helping to sort and organize, do some data entry, send invoices and collect funds. dorkvader is working on taking inventory and getting photos of each keyboard. Please be patient while we work through this, and please know that we won't cancel any orders or deny any previous requests without communicating that widely.

When sales begin, you'll know. ;)

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #63 on: Tue, 23 June 2015, 21:24:31 »
Huge thanks to XMIT for all his help. A lot goes into the planning and execution of this, and he has been a fount of information.

Current stage is to number and photograph all KBs. We still need to decide what to charge for each KB, what sort of boxes we'll be using, etc etc. This is where XMITs knowledge really comes in handy.

I will update everyone with the progress of photography when there is progress.

Offline getf

• In Rod We Trust
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 08:38:44 »
Been about a month - any update?

Offline vindaon

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 23 July 2015, 17:17:44 »
Sorry, kind of want to pull out... I was signed up for M0110, AEKII if anyone was interested.

Offline Karura

• Professional Canadian
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • SKidata life.
« Reply #66 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 02:03:50 »
Is this still happening?

"Remember boys, raccoon cold... don't worry, raccoon will find cave." -Sent

Offline t8c

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 04:03:02 »
Sorry, kind of want to pull out... I was signed up for M0110, AEKII if anyone was interested.

Me too. great initiative but something has come up.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:00:15 »
My enthusiasm for a new project is slowly diminishing...   :-[

I honestly forgot about this..

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 08:33:16 »
I still want that AEKII, I dreamed a dream....

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 12:13:00 »
Hi - dorkvader sent me some photos of the non-Apple keyboards at some point. That's all the news I have.

There is not much I can do for sales sitting here in Texas apart from maybe offering pointers to dorkvader on how to manage inventory. If you still want a keyboard and want to check status, I advise sending dorkvader a PM.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 22:20:29 »
My enthusiasm for a new project is slowly diminishing...   :-[

I honestly forgot about this..
Yeah, I really want to get this huge box of KBs out of the basement. When I picked them up, I honestly though I'd just be warehousing them for a short while. I thought most of the work, organization and labor would be from other people, because I surely don't have the time.

anyway, none of that surfaced except for the exceptionally good advice and resources that XMIT gave me. That guy is awesome.

Right now I have labelled and photographed everything that is *not* an apple KB. If people want to start sorting out who gets what, and they send me prepaid shipping labels, I'll provide pictures and box dimensions and weights. Right now I only have large flat rate boxes, but will be purchasing more shipping materials soon.

Confounding this is the fact that xonar still hasn't come by to pick up his stuff. I don't know if he even paid evan for it. If he did then I need to keep it aside for him. If not, then I'll happily list all the stuff together.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 09:33:52 »
Did this every go anywhere?

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 09:38:00 »
Did this every go anywhere?
Nope, no one got an invoice and it has pretty much stagnated, dorkvader hasn't even been on since the 14th of this month. I doubt this will move until dork or who ever just gets tired of all the keyboards in the way and finally does something.

I was really exited to start a fun restoration project and now my enthusiasm has sorta gone away for the time being.  :(

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 09:40:32 »
The worst part here is that I doubt evan ever got paid!  :confused:

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 23 September 2015, 10:51:57 »
I'll try to check in the next time I visit Boston but that won't be until almost a year from now. (That may still be before Round 5a ships.)

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 24 September 2015, 06:42:32 »
Ya bummer on this, I'd love to have another AEKII. 

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 01 January 2016, 09:12:06 »
Sad to hear this terrific opportunity has become a tremendous amount of work.

I don't know how much help I can be, but when I owned an auto parts distribution company, I was shipping almost 15 parts a day and my partner and I could pack them, prep the labels and be at UPS within 30 minutes.  Don't know how to do this over distance though.

If the parts are packed and the boxes weighed and dimensioned, then it's just a matter of getting labels, invoices sent out and receiving payments prior to shipment.  There's some accounting involved as well as physically coordinating the shipments, but just charging for shipping on the invoice and generating the labels in-house would probably be easier than coordinating labels coming in from the buyers imo.

How many parts/boxes are there and how much work can be done to pack them?  If it's not easy, then outsourcing to someone like the UPS store after negotiating a solid discount due to the volume might be a great option.

Just throwing ideas out there.  I really hate to see such wonderful retro equipment not to go those that can cherish them.  There's enough good stuff being thrown away.

Offline XMIT

• formerly jsoltren
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 12 February 2017, 09:31:37 »
Kind of late now, but, I wonder what ever happened to all these keyboards.