Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - CANCELLED, we will come back  (Read 77254 times)

Offline Kavik

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 02:02:31 »
This may be a dumb question, but will the brass plate upgrade be the same color as in the color combo we pick or will it be brass color, effectively replacing the middle color? Doesn't bother me either way, but just curious.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 02:03:26 »
Seeing how I can't afford both this and Yuri, I'm probably gonna have to skip out on the Yuri... Unless... There's a chance of another run for this in the not so far future? (Long shot, I know, but I gotta ask)

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 02:57:44 »
This may be a dumb question, but will the brass plate upgrade be the same color as in the color combo we pick or will it be brass color, effectively replacing the middle color? Doesn't bother me either way, but just curious.

It's Probably just plain ol' Brass

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #153 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 03:14:29 »

Its going to be brass. Probably polished

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #154 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 03:58:03 »
Am I the only one who dislikes the bump on feet covering the screws at the bottom of the case?

I really don't think it's a good idea since you'd have to buy new bump on feet after changing the plate in the keyboard. (That's if you decide to buy a second plate/PCB to switch things around).

Not to mention, I think it would cause a bit of wobble as well. But we'll see I suppose. Looking forward to this beauty.
I'm hoping they're not stick on bumpons, but  rather with a knob you can push up into the screw holes...

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #155 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 09:41:59 »
what is the weight of the board with brass options......

really waiting for this answer too... I hoping it can beat the skog which is 4kg

Seeing how I can't afford both this and Yuri, I'm probably gonna have to skip out on the Yuri... Unless... There's a chance of another run for this in the not so far future? (Long shot, I know, but I gotta ask)

There's no plan for R2 yet. But I'll take the total number of Moon vs. total number of Yuri on market in to consideration. But ofc go for the one you like more!
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #156 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 09:43:31 »

Hey, our plan is not to match color on brass parts,brass is pretty enough itself  :p
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #157 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 10:02:12 »
I see you can order an extra PCB but I don't see an option to buy an extra switch plate. Am I misreading the order form?

Hi, under plate options you can choose to get: alu plate (default), extra alu plate, brass plate, extra brass plate

Am I the only one who dislikes the bump on feet covering the screws at the bottom of the case?

I really don't think it's a good idea since you'd have to buy new bump on feet after changing the plate in the keyboard. (That's if you decide to buy a second plate/PCB to switch things around).

Not to mention, I think it would cause a bit of wobble as well. But we'll see I suppose. Looking forward to this beauty.

We might be providing regular rubber feet if you find the inserted rubber feet is not something you like.

cool, submitted ;D Any chance before the gb ends they will come more clean shots of the colors?
And info on PCB + software, please don't overlook this I think it's very important to know since we barely hear anything on the PCB side of things.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes not much out? :), Would the kb design allow third party pcb`s?
For colors it would just be nice with some palette so we can match better :thumb:

ex. ( tried to match from some photos but the light is very warm and looks filtered ) this is from a spot measurements tool.

Titanium grey, Violet Purple, Starry Night Grey ( Mockup!)
(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Due to the unique design it's hard to allow 3rd party pcbs. However it can be achieved only you will have to use fixed cable.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #158 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 10:20:09 »
i told myself i wouldnt join more buys before i receive the the GBS im currently in. But this is looking nice !

Offline gaiden

« Reply #159 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 10:37:01 »
@zzyjayfree, hi do you have pictures of the PCB and download link on the keymapping software? I asked about it but it has yet to be answered.. thanks​. Really good price on the PCB BTW got me really curious.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 10:38:46 »
@zzyjayfree, hi do you have pictures of the PCB and download link on the keymapping software? I asked about it but it has yet to be answered.. thanks​. Really good price on the PCB BTW got me really curious.

We are still working on PCB at this moment. We'll update once we finish it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Dystopia

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 11:01:52 »
Well if I had to pick I would definitely be choosing this. Also, are there any estimates for shipping costs and would you be able to mark the package as a gift or declare it at a lower price? My country has tax on anything above US$290 and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #162 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 11:27:54 »

We are still working on PCB at this moment. We'll update once we finish it.

Thanks​ for the update 👍I must have misunderstood when you mentioned the GB in China was concluded thought everything was pretty much ready to go  😆

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 11:29:11 »
Well if I had to pick I would definitely be choosing this. Also, are there any estimates for shipping costs and would you be able to mark the package as a gift or declare it at a lower price? My country has tax on anything above US$290 and I'd like to avoid that if possible.

You will have to specify which country are you in  :p

Offline afrokobe

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 11:56:52 »
what is the weight of the board with brass options......

really waiting for this answer too... I hoping it can beat the skog which is 4kg

There's no plan for R2 yet. But I'll take the total number of Moon vs. total number of Yuri on market in to consideration. But ofc go for the one you like more!

so can we get an answer to this question?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 12:02:45 »
I'm waiting for numbers from EVE. Btw when you say beat, did you mean lighter of heavier?

Offline neralo

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 12:16:21 »
I'm waiting for numbers from EVE. Btw when you say beat, did you mean lighter of heavier?

I think he wants it heavier. Also, roughly how much will shipping to Singapore be? And also is it possible to declare a value lower than 250usd so I don't have to pay tax

HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline rioc

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 12:17:46 »

yeah, I meant heavier ;)

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #168 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 13:14:17 »
I'd be in for sure if full titanium or full black were options. That full silver prototype looks epic. I'd hate to put in an order and cancel/not pay if the color option isn't viable. If you can confirm you can do a full color option, I'll order.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #169 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 13:17:01 »
I'd be in for sure if full titanium or full black were options. That full silver prototype looks epic. I'd hate to put in an order and cancel/not pay if the color option isn't viable. If you can confirm you can do a full color option, I'll order.
We are in fact discussing about some solid colours. Pretty sure titanium would be one of them if we do.

Offline maximm

« Reply #170 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 13:38:02 »
Will hold off ordering my board until you have decided which colors to run.

Offline cirrus82

« Reply #171 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 13:44:56 »
We are in fact discussing about some solid colours. Pretty sure titanium would be one of them if we do.

Awesome, thank you. I'll wait for your confirmation.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #172 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 14:59:40 »

+1 for this, I do not want to place my order and cancel it later if the colors I want can't happen.

Here's my wishlist : All Silver, All Titanium gray

Just only this two, If you can confirm that all of them or one of them can happen I will place my order immediately.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #173 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 15:34:55 »

+1 for this, I do not want to place my order and cancel it later if the colors I want can't happen.

Here's my wishlist : All Silver, All Titanium gray

Just only this two, If you can confirm that all of them or one of them can happen I will place my order immediately.

you can still enter an order with your preferences. it will give the gb runner(s) an idea of the interest in the solid cases. and if the solid cases don't come about, don't pay the invoice that'll be issued at the end of the order period. there really isn't much at risk for you at this stage.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #174 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 16:29:00 »
Can we at least have more info on the pcb please? Despite how nice the case would be PCB still dictates the functionality of the board. Dropping more than $500 cash on an unknown pcb doesnt sound good at all for me. If anything none of us would want to see the ****show of Matrix board happens again with this groupbuy.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 28 May 2017, 18:09:06 »
What kind of color/finish is "light gray" from the first color combo?  Is it just plain glossy silver, or is it some kind of a matte finish light gray, perhaps not regular anodizing? 

Could you request some photos of sample color chips to show color and finish for each?
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline rioc

« Reply #176 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 00:52:42 »
What kind of color/finish is "light gray" from the first color combo?  Is it just plain glossy silver, or is it some kind of a matte finish light gray, perhaps not regular anodizing? 

Could you request some photos of sample color chips to show color and finish for each?

There are pics of the light gray in the albums from the prototype in the IC:

here: http://imgur.com/a/d9dTS

and here: http://imgur.com/a/SSFMC

but I also would like to know the answer to your question, since that's the colour I'm opting for as top-case

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 29 May 2017, 01:04:29 »
Can we at least have more info on the pcb please? Despite how nice the case would be PCB still dictates the functionality of the board. Dropping more than $500 cash on an unknown pcb doesnt sound good at all for me. If anything none of us would want to see the ****show of Matrix board happens again with this groupbuy.

From what ive been told:

Its their own custom pcb. Supports kle, runs tmk/qmk. Supports full iso. Stepped caps, Wkl, wk. IO interface.

Dont think other pcbs will fit.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:13:28 »
I'm torn between that carbon orange and requesting all silver..

Same. I was somewhat hoping to get a combo of gold, silver, and black to resemble the Apollo Lunar Module, but it would probably be less trouble to just get the carbon one and stick SA Carbon on it.

exactly what I'm going for, except all brass options instead of gold... then stick yuri on it

Rioc,

What color combo for top plate and bottom plate are you envisioning? I think silver top, ink black bottom, and brass stripe, plate, and weight would look great and go with the most keysets. I really wouldn't want to substitute silver for gray though. On the other hand, my M65-A will be Space Gray, so it would be more of the same, and I keep fantasizing about that carbon theme.... it's just not very lunar.

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 11:57:54 »
Has the PCB been produced yet? Luckily it sounds like it runs TMK/QMK.. But the housing prototype seems like it was rushed into production without a USB hole... How would you verify everything fits?

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 00:34:28 »
Has the PCB been produced yet? Luckily it sounds like it runs TMK/QMK.. But the housing prototype seems like it was rushed into production without a USB hole... How would you verify everything fits?

The groupbuy already happened in China I think and it works fine but idk really....

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 06:51:38 »

The groupbuy already happened in China I think and it works fine but idk really....
Yeah but I believe he at one point wrote the PCB was being designed. I'd like to hear word on this as well.

Offline bmilcs

• bryan | bmilcs
    • bmilcs world
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 09:11:24 »
Yah I'm also curious about the PCB. Will it be compatible with EasyAVR?

Can you swap colors or are we stuck with the predetermined layouts?

TGR.JANE.V2 #40/40 <3 // TOKYO60 #1 // KBD75  #1 #2 #3 #4 // ES87  #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
INCOMPLETE  Duck Orion v3, 2 pcb black on black (might sell, pm me)  | SOUTHPAW.65

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #183 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 09:21:57 »
Hmm yea so do I.

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 21:07:11 »
I would appreciate receiving an update now. :)

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 23:07:02 »
Hi guys, sorry got really busy at work this week. Anyways I do have some updates in terms of color options. EVE said he strongly encourage you guys to fill out the form anyways and leave your color preference. Use your imagination and feel free to pick from the 15 colors provided, you might find your exact preference in the invoice. (Make it all Titanium Grey?  :p)If for any reason EVE can't satisfy your preference, you can just ignore the invoice, we will not have any hard feelings.  (I can't be more obvious, can I?)
Also due to communication issue the Light Brown in option 2 is now correctly updated to Champagne Gold. And the Black Oak in option 3 should be dark grey.  I believe this should be good news to folks going after gold now.

I'm still trying to get more information about PCB.

Sorry if this GB is a little chaotic, this is our first time running a GB.

PS: To update your order simply go to order form and make changes, it will override.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 May 2017, 23:09:00 by zzyjayfree »

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 23:52:43 »
Hi guys, sorry got really busy at work this week. Anyways I do have some updates in terms of color options. EVE said he strongly encourage you guys to fill out the form anyways and leave your color preference. Use your imagination and feel free to pick from the 15 colors provided, you might find your exact preference in the invoice. (Make it all Titanium Grey?  :p)If for any reason EVE can't satisfy your preference, you can just ignore the invoice, we will not have any hard feelings.  (I can't be more obvious, can I?)
Also due to communication issue the Light Brown in option 2 is now correctly updated to Champagne Gold. And the Black Oak in option 3 should be dark grey.  I believe this should be good news to folks going after gold now.

PS: To update your order simply go to order form and make changes, it will override.

15 color comination... if that's true, we will have around 3.375 color combination to choose from.
this is good for customer's size, but are you sure that EVE (and you) can handle this? (please say yes!)

other than that.. I really would like too see the anodizing/color sample (without film), please ;D
really opting between Pumpkin Orange and Champagne gold for my plate color.
also, would like to see the difference between Night grey and Dark grey as well.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 00:26:14 »
Thanks for the updates!!  :-*

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 00:38:21 »
Oh man! Goldddddd!  :thumb:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #189 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 00:46:51 »
Thanks for the updates!!  :-*
Yes indeed, thank you for updating.

Offline neralo

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 02:36:16 »
Looking forward to paying for this, hoping I can get the colour combi I want.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question or of it's been answered before, but will this support a split backspace?
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 03:15:37 »
Looking forward to paying for this, hoping I can get the colour combi I want.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question or of it's been answered before, but will this support a split backspace?

No, i think someone has answered this earlier

Offline rioc

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 03:21:43 »
Hi, I just wanted to update my comment for color reference in my order, however it registered as new order.

Can you add the new Color Reference Comment to my old order, or delete my old order? (Or shall I just ignore the one invoice and pay the other when they come?)

Offline FactoryDefaults

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 15:27:14 »

Does that mean the brown of the plate in option 2 has changed color, or just changed name? Since i really like that combo.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 16:08:43 »

Does that mean the brown of the plate in option 2 has changed color, or just changed name? Since i really like that combo.

Curious about this too. I'm still not completely sure what the colors look like since the photos have dramatic lighting and shallow depth of field.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 16:56:00 »

Curious about this too. I'm still not completely sure what the colors look like since the photos have dramatic lighting and shallow depth of field.
Ya this. Wish there is a photo of just plates in those offered colors and shot without flash or dramatic lighting. People are already sold on the design let's see some color pallets. 😉

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 17:22:21 »
Is it possible to extend the deadline of payment, 2 weeks maybe not enough, spent too much from previous drop for keycaps, Duck LS, Yuri, Carbon, ect... I might need a little more time for my wallet to recover :(

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 18:23:35 »
Hi, I just wanted to update my comment for color reference in my order, however it registered as new order.

Can you add the new Color Reference Comment to my old order, or delete my old order? (Or shall I just ignore the one invoice and pay the other when they come?)

I'll hide your old one, looks like google form is case sensitive..

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 18:24:26 »

Color is still the same but it should be named as champagne gold instead of light brown, more accurate

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 01 June 2017, 18:28:39 »
Is it possible to extend the deadline of payment, 2 weeks maybe not enough, spent too much from previous drop for keycaps, Duck LS, Yuri, Carbon, ect... I might need a little more time for my wallet to recover :(

I know, Yuri plus carbon, good for T0mb3ry I guess! 4300+ kits sold in two days, not even counting taobao orders  :eek:

Anyways, you still have 3 weeks to fund yourself, if you still have hardship by then shoot me a msg.