Author Topic: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard - CANCELLED, we will come back  (Read 77329 times)

Offline kawasaki161

Re: [GB] the Moon - Custom Keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:45:54 »
Did we ever see where the USB cutout was placed? I remember in the very early stages that hadn't be decided and I haven't seen a picture with it shown.

Freaking beautiful board, though. Very, very tempting.

Last picture shows where it will be (the arrow) it's not there in the render though.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:53:19 »
can we see the spreadsheet? i want to confirm that my order is right... despite the color customization i still want to choose Ink black - Dark grey plate - Carbon orange tho.
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #52 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:54:33 »
If we submit an order for a custom color pairing but it isnt chosen, will there be any hard feelings if we dont pay the invoice?

If we submit an order for a custom color pairing but it isnt chosen, will there be any hard feelings if we dont pay the invoice?

I'd like to know this as well. I'd submit a form for colors I want (more neutral ones, to be honest), and try my luck at it and yet have the freedom to back out if my first choice isn't going to be fulfilled successfully.

Nah, it happens all the time
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline neralo

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:55:30 »
I just signed up. Unfortunately, as much as i love the shape of this board, the colours are also important to me, and the predetermined ones are simply too loud for my taste. I've indicated my preferred colour combination in the form though, and I hope you're able to do it. Many thanks for running this gb, and I hope everyone comes out happy. If not, round 2 perhaps with more neutral colour combinations sometime in the future? ;D
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline nugglets

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:00:32 »
Did we ever see where the USB cutout was placed? I remember in the very early stages that hadn't be decided and I haven't seen a picture with it shown.

Freaking beautiful board, though. Very, very tempting.

Last picture shows where it will be (the arrow) it's not there in the render though.

I thought that might be it, but wasn't sure.

Interesting that it's on the right side.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:08:00 »
After looking closer at that starry night grey I think I might need to reconsider my color request... tough decisions!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:26:01 »
Looks gorgeous!  :thumb:

Is international shipping available, and did the Chinese groupbuy already finish?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:29:42 »
Looks gorgeous!  :thumb:

Is international shipping available, and did the Chinese groupbuy already finish?

Int'l shipping is certainly available. Chinese GB has finished, production is almost done
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:31:06 »
Are there any estimates on shipping costs yet?

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:39:39 »
I'd like to suggest changing the end time of the GB from midnight to 11:59 PM. Midnight always causes problems. As is, my guess is most people will think they are ok to place an order on June 7th, but that isn't the case if the GB ends at midnight 6/7/17. And since this didn't go live as soon as was expected I would suggest 11:59 PM on 6/7/17 which gives people an extra day to get their order in.

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:45:22 »
I'm torn between that carbon orange and requesting all silver..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:50:16 »
Also, if we're taking submissions for color combos....can we get a side by side comparison of ink black vs. black oak?

If I end up joining I'd probably want all silver, or a mixture of black and silver so I'd like to see the difference between the two black options.

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:51:26 »

carbon orange is only going to look good with a carbon keyset. all silver will probably be good with anything you currently or ever will own.  That's how I'm thinking about it at least....

Offline Kavik

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:58:40 »

Same. I was somewhat hoping to get a combo of gold, silver, and black to resemble the Apollo Lunar Module, but it would probably be less trouble to just get the carbon one and stick SA Carbon on it.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:00:49 »

carbon orange is only going to look good with a carbon keyset. all silver will probably be good with anything you currently or ever will own.  That's how I'm thinking about it at least....

Yep I was going to put carbon keyset on it haha. You're probably right. Maybe request silver and if that doesn't work out go with the carbon.

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:03:04 »

Same. I was somewhat hoping to get a combo of gold, silver, and black to resemble the Apollo Lunar Module, but it would probably be less trouble to just get the carbon one and stick SA Carbon on it.

That would look nice. Even all black and gold accents.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:06:18 »
Requested all silver and joined the Yuri drop... I placed twi orders: 1. Preset orange and black combo 2. Custom colorway.  Will there be separate invoice for each, so I can cancel one of them? 

Offline IAmPyhrra

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:15:40 »
Requested all silver and joined the Yuri drop... I placed twi orders: 1. Preset orange and black combo 2. Custom colorway.  Will there be separate invoice for each, so I can cancel one of them?

I think when you submit your second order, use a different gmail account so your second order doesnt override the first order.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:19:34 »
Will we be able to get an all silver option?
I'm afraid to say that any of the predetermined options don't really work for me.

Offline Gajible

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:21:38 »
Quote from: StickyBlueJuice glink=topic=89768.msg2430791#msg2430791 date=1495822774
I'm afraid to say that any of the predetermined options don't really work for me.

He mentioned earlier that you could fill in your preferred colour and hope they get made. That's what I did!

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #70 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:32:28 »

Hi, after the test I found that if you use the same email, it will not override the previous entry, there will be two records. You can cancel one of the invoices you get.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:33:26 »

Why would you place 2 orders? Wouldnt it be easier to just put in the custom request in the colour reference section? You're making zzjayfree invoice you twice so just you can pick one?

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:35:33 »
Quote from: StickyBlueJuice glink=topic=89768.msg2430791#msg2430791 date=1495822774

He mentioned earlier that you could fill in your preferred colour and hope they get made. That's what I did!
Yeah I read that right after I posted, like a dumbass. :D My bad.
Will be joining this on the 1st. So excited!

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #73 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:38:31 »
It's been addressed on Reddit, but will Geekhack ever address the fact that adding paypal fees extra is against its Terms of Service? You can add handling fees separately but at least list them out. 
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #74 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:51:34 »
When you wish to order a silver because the silver one from render is so nice but there's no any silver in the options is so brutal.

Anyway I will put the Silver in my color reference and hope it happens.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #75 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 13:57:54 »
It's been addressed on Reddit, but will Geekhack ever address the fact that adding paypal fees extra is against its Terms of Service? You can add handling fees separately but at least list them out.

PP fee will be listed separately as handling fee.

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:07:21 »
Thank you so much for entering this GB. For those who entered without a forum name, please re-submit the form so I can get that information. Otherwise your name will be showing when I the spreadsheet goes public.
This is my first time opening up a GB and dealing with Google form.. So sorry about the errors and the spamming.

In terms of color, I have provided note area for your color references, but still you will need to choose one from the five options in case we couldn’t accommodate your request.

Re-submit will override your previous entry now
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:46:08 by zzyjayfree »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:11:00 »
Predermined options kills this for me.

If I request it in all black or all silver, what are the odds of that getting done?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Aperture_Sci

• ZZ96 / 65g Zealios / GMK Sky Dolch
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:17:14 »
looks good, pricey though

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:28:26 »
looks good, pricey though

price is reasonable to me, the case isnt exactly the easier to machine. not all straight edges. the weight design, the stripes.. etc. not cheap.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:31:42 »

Why would you place 2 orders? Wouldnt it be easier to just put in the custom request in the colour reference section? You're making zzjayfree invoice you twice so just you can pick one?

Yeah, I placed the first order before the preferred colorway option.  Sorry zzjayfree  :-[

Thank you so much for entering this GB. For those who entered without a forum name, please re-submit the form so I can get that information. Otherwise your name will be showing when I the spreadsheet goes public.
This is my first time opening up a GB and dealing with Google form.. So sorry about the errors and the spamming.

So another submission?? haha

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #81 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:46:44 »

Yeah, I placed the first order before the preferred colorway option.  Sorry zzjayfree  :-[

So another submission?? haha

Ye, I changed setting so re-submit will override your previous entry now

Offline FioraCorp

• AKA ABC
    • My insta
« Reply #82 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:51:34 »
Seeing Winkey as an option in addition to winkeyless was unexpected and very welcome!

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #83 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:52:24 »

In terms of color, I have provided note area for your color references, but still you will need to choose one from the five options in case we couldn’t accommodate your request.

Re-submit will override your previous entry now

Did that, also made WKL this time, so please disregard my first two orders. The one with my Forum name and WinKeyLess is the final order. (sorry for the mess)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:54:03 »
Could EVE assemble, using prototype parts, a board that is silver top, grey plate, and black bottom? This is a choice I'm debating over the Black Top/Orange Bottom option, and it would help to see it visualized in a picture or render.

Offline rioc

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:56:33 »
oh and @zzyjayfree, I am impressed with the colour combos, especially the Military green, but I just really had the Yuri Keyset in mind with this board, that's why the colour wishes ;)

Just wanted to mention the really great work that was done here! :)

Offline iNViSiBiLiTi

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 14:57:29 »

Thanks for the clarification!   Is shipping included?
60%: Prophet, GSKT-00 x2, Poly GSKT-00-Z, Weaven, Sangeo60, Unikorn R2.1, Ciel60

TKL: TGR Jane V2, Jane V2 CE, KFE, Noxary 280 S, Acrylic Unicorn, Igris V1, LZ-GHv2

Bulgogi Board (VA104M), Belle En Rose

Offline rioc

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 15:00:54 »

exactly what I'm going for, except all brass options instead of gold... then stick yuri on it

Offline Doluded

• road to black star
« Reply #88 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 15:12:12 »
I just want an all black one

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 15:21:00 »
Changed, all Starry Night, yeeeeee

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 15:33:33 »

Thanks for the clarification!   Is shipping included?

i think not bby

Offline rioc

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 15:38:15 »
oh, will order confirmation sheet be up soon? Just wanna be sure I did it right and the correct order made it in :P

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:37:11 »
oh, will order confirmation sheet be up soon? Just wanna be sure I did it right and the correct order made it in :P

I sent you a PM for your entry

Offline JDragon

« Reply #93 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:39:33 »
For custom color requests, can we only choose from the already defined colors? Or can we request anything we want? I really want the gold from the initial IC, fell in love with that black/gold color combo but I see gold didn't make it in. :(

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:51:32 »
For custom color requests, can we only choose from the already defined colors? Or can we request anything we want? I really want the gold from the initial IC, fell in love with that black/gold color combo but I see gold didn't make it in. :(

You can put colors that are not offered. We will review and discuss what colors we can accommodate

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #95 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:53:44 »

I think that was a render of the brass tho.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:54:34 »
Glad to see the custom colors being considered as I'd love some blue

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:58:46 »

Starry Night looks like a dark blue-grey. I'd love a closer shot of it, actually.

Offline Tally810

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 16:59:58 »

Starry Night looks like a dark blue-grey. I'd love a closer shot of it, actually.
Yea I was looking at that and it's pretty nice.  I'm also curious what the board weighs.

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #99 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 17:05:22 »

You can put colors that are not offered. We will review and discuss what colors we can accommodate

Blue top, gold bottom like in the 3D model would be very cool... Can I edit my color way lol  :-\