Author Topic: Looking for CM USB VID  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
Looking for CM USB VID
« on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 00:57:12 »
I'm mucking around to convert that funky little CM Storm Mechanical Key Switch Tester into a 6% keyboard using a Teensy 2.0. To give credit where credit is due I thought I'll stick CM's VID into it (and use "BABE" as the PID ;D) but I'm having trouble finding it. They are not listed in the USB IF vendor list and my google-fu didn't result in anything. The one CM Storm QuickFire XT I have comes up with VID=0x0409/PID=0x0409. 0x0409 is NEC's VID, so I was wondering is anybody knows CM's VID (if they have one) or if you could read the VID of your CM keyboard -- you can use usbview.exe to do this (it's a Microsoft utility.) Thanks !
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: Looking for CM USB VID
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 17:22:56 »
pull the vid off of one of CM's mice. the supply chain dance with the keyboards is quite a bit more complicated.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
Re: Looking for CM USB VID
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 December 2013, 17:40:12 »
Hah -- the usbview.exe version I used at home screwed things up, it showed the language IDs in the idVendor/Product fields :/ Looking at it w/ a USB analyzer at work I'm coming up w/ VID=0x2516, PID=0x001A. Have to do some more investigation, but this seems a lot more reasonable.
Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !