Author Topic: Village Idiot looking for light aka trying to wire Model M terminal to LEDs  (Read 2068 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Hi Folks!

I am looking at the back of my M122, trying to find places that I can wire up to LEDs.

Does anybody know if there exist traces for LEDs on this controller? It's just a little project I might undertake.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
I would love to have a LED on my SSK for Num Lock, like the RF TKL boards have. It seems every time I turn on my computer, and need to type a password to unlock, it starts up with Num Lock on, and there is no visual representation letting me know this.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
I thought that the Teensy has a few connections for this, if you are using a Teensy.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline berserkfan

I thought that the Teensy has a few connections for this, if you are using a Teensy.

Actually, I do have a teensy adapter. But I was wondering whether something could be done on the board itself. Am in the mood to cut some holes in the casing, just because it's there for me to cut.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"

Actually, I do have a teensy adapter. But I was wondering whether something could be done on the board itself. Am in the mood to cut some holes in the casing, just because it's there for me to cut.

likely not: there's no output from the chip for LEDs. There's a chance that the non-soldered part on the left of photo#2 was for LEDs, but since you don't know what chip went there it won't help.

I recommend an internal teensy for LEDs and programmability.

Offline berserkfan

likely not: there's no output from the chip for LEDs. There's a chance that the non-soldered part on the left of photo#2 was for LEDs, but since you don't know what chip went there it won't help.

I recommend an internal teensy for LEDs and programmability.

So far the stuff I've seen from other people are for external teensy with pins, and LEDs stuck on the breadboard.

If you use an internal teensy, that means running wires from the teensy to a little LED-PCB (or whatever you call it) mounted at the cutout holes in the casing, right? That means I'll have to find a little LED-PCB (or whatever you call it)?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
a little LED-PCB (or whatever you call it) mounted at the cutout holes in the casing, right?

You can probably chop that piece out of a worthless rubber dome keyboard PCB before you toss it into the garbage.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"