Author Topic: [IC] Venice Rialto-Tented ergo,new layout keyboard from Createkeebs  (Read 10197 times)

Offline made in China

Hello, everyone 
This is Createkeebs.  Today we are here to introduce our new work --Venice Rialto-Tented ergo, which is inspired by the Rialto bridge in Venice.

Introduction: 
Venice Rialto was actually drew at the time of the Thera 75 v1 ic from 2021 August. However,it delays a long time due to the difficulty of processing and other issues. But now, We bring it to you, we will not compromise for the quantity and difficulty, the design of the inner and so on. Just for the best keyboard for you!
(The following real item photos and renders are only based on the proto V1.0, proto v2.0 is processing now)

Let’s start with the layout firstly.
Tented ergo---sounds a bit complicated but it's not that hard to understand.
Simply speaking, the word “Tented” refers to the left and right sides of the keyboard like a tent, which is tilt down from the middle to the two sides, so as to achieve the purpose of more in line with the natural and comfortable placement of hands when typing.

About the top case:

It is inspired by the Rialto Bridge in Venice, the case of the Rialto is like to this bridge, with the overall ergonomic design of high in the middle and low on both sides. At the same time, in order to reduce the front height and be independent from the wrist rest, we have another slope ergo design on the front. So that the hands can naturally lean on the slope on both sides when typing. Of course, we add knobs and badge on the left side, to keep the case’s two sides as symmetrical as possible.

About the bottom case:

In order to ensure the space of the inner space is consistent, we also make a bottom case slope design which is parallel to the top case, to make the typing feel and sound as consistent as possible.

About the knob & badge:

We engraved the Gondola pattern on the front badge, the characteristic gondola on the Venice River, featuring the raised prow and stern ends.

About the weight:

On the back we used an arched pvd mirror stainless steel with brass weight. “Venice” is carved on bridge arch and Rialto Bridge is carved on the brass weight. At the same time, the brass weight will be transparent electrophoresed to avoid oxidation.

About the Color
Navy top case--Like the dark blue of the Venetian River
Champagne golden top case—Like the sun shine on the Rialto bridge.
Purple top case--like the pale purple of the sunset in the sky.
The bottom case-- Silver.

About the PCB:

1.6mm black core PCB, which is to ensure the fullness of the sound and strength of gasket mount pcb, and it is also more friendly to plateless options, so as not to cause the inner excessive soft to collapse. Separate flexcuts between rows can provide a certain deformation though.
Besides, we give up the Leaf-spring design, instead we decide to choose the traditional gasket way, to achieve the effect of soft and steadiness.

About the plate

Pc and Alu material plate will be optional. And we will add more options in future.

Specification:

Keyboard Kit color: Navy, Champagne Gold, Purple
Size:410mm*130mm*(19-30mm).
Grade:6.5°
The horizontal grade:3°(Ergonomic design)
Case:6063 Alu
Weight: Stainless steel & brass
Badge: Silk screen printing badge
Knob:6063 Alu
PCB:1.6mm black core Soldered or Hotswap
Mounting: PCB Gasket Mount (Plateless supported)
Plate material: 1.5mm pc/alu plate

When GB?
Estimate time: middle Februaly,2023
Raffle Limited: 200pcs in total
Price: from $500
Delivery time:4-6 month after GB ends
This is Venice Railto-Tented Ergo proto V1, and proto v2 is processing in which we have changed some design. See you next time!!!
IC form:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc5XmIdr0bF2vbx6KQTY6Tv0ey_GHXOcNFfaVmPvGA1aHzo-A/viewform
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2023, 01:47:51 by made in China »

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [IC] Venice Rialto-Tented ergo,new layout keyboard from Createkeebs
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 04 November 2022, 11:07:08 »
interesting.

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 15:09:54 »
interesting.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline Bl4ck

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 15:15:19 »
interesting.

Offline Rafa_n

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 15:19:30 »
interesting.

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 16:08:09 »
Replace the picture of Venice with an anime girl or kpop idol so you can actually make some money bro

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 16:22:14 »
Replace the picture of Venice with an anime girl or kpop idol so you can actually make some money bro
if the picture had been a kpop idol this would have blown up to high heavens in 20 minutes time I reckon
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 21:22:43 »
this is fantastic but yeah you're really limiting yourself by not catering to degenerates

Offline Arithmetics

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 06 November 2022, 22:00:04 »
cool board but the venice athestic is just not good

Offline arr1

• Ń supporter
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 15:43:24 »
I don´t really like the Venice image in the left side of the kb. Anyways, nice work. It is really cool

Offline Damage

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 08 November 2022, 22:02:25 »
Love the layout, tenting, knob, and general aesthetic. Not entirely sure what to make of the badge on top.

But one sticking point for me is the cursive “Venice” lettering on the underside of the board. It looks oddly sloppy, not pleasant like well-written cursive letters. Is there any chance the lettering could be corrected or improved?

Also, are there any plans for a wrist rest? If so, of what materials?

Offline acksonJ

• Formerly chuuskb
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 00:57:19 »
Really interesting board, awesome colorways that look pretty good tented, and really neat what you’ve done with the PCB.

It’s just too blocky for me on the front and feels too busy with how big the knob and Rialto Bridge badge are. The bottom weight feels like it can’t decide if it wants to be a mirror or sandblasted. I feel like either have full brass weight with the bridge going all the way across, or slope that part of the weight so it’s like an arc going over water.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 05:19:51 »
Good to see another tented keyboard, even though the tenting is quite slight.

Let me suggest that you raise the knob a bit so that the user could choose between sliding along the side or turning it with their fingers.

But one sticking point for me is the cursive “Venice” lettering on the underside of the board. It looks oddly sloppy, not pleasant like well-written cursive letters. Is there any chance the lettering could be corrected or improved?
To be honest, I think it looks like someone scratched it by hand with a nail.

Edit: Nice improvement!
« Last Edit: Tue, 07 February 2023, 08:04:38 by Findecanor »

Offline udller

« Reply #13 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 06:32:28 »
i think the knob placement is in a good spot. but it should be raised i think so you dont have to use it along the edge of the board.

Offline less_blank

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 11 November 2022, 14:11:43 »
Funky board, while the aesthetics are not for me I could see others being into it. That “Venice” engraving just looks sloppy though, think I would go with a different font.

Offline made in China

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 13 November 2022, 21:43:00 »
Love the layout, tenting, knob, and general aesthetic. Not entirely sure what to make of the badge on top.

we will do update for the badge,and also with the "Venice"letter type

Offline bananabreadchef

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 19 November 2022, 01:09:35 »
I'm going to be honest, I really like what you have done with the shape of this board, especially with how the front lip is tapered. I just really can't get past the engravings on the back and on the knob. Also not a fan of the badge either. Without the badge and engravings this is a really nice board, with them, not so much.

Offline Damage

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 17:16:29 »

we will do update for the badge,and also with the "Venice"letter type

Great. Looking forward to it!

Offline robotictomato

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 20 November 2022, 19:31:33 »
I have to agree with what others have said here - I really like the overall design of the board, but the added aesthetic elements really make it unattractive.

I love the layout, tenting, front lip, and colors. I am a big fan of the Arisu-style layouts, and the Rialto has some good improvements to the original.

The badge in the lower left corner looks out of place - it doesn't fit with the overall feel of the board. The knob is okay, but too large and the engraving is unnecessary. The engraving on the knob should be optional or removed. Other folks have already pointed out that the "Venice" lettering on the back looks odd - I would suggest to remove it entirely.

I'm looking forward to seeing what changes you make to the board in future revisions - I think it has the potential to be a great board!

Offline made in China

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 30 January 2023, 23:27:48 »

The proto 2.0 finished now.Let’s straight to the point and talk about what updates we did the for proto 2.0 of Venice Rialto.
1.Add the words "Rialto" carved by CNC in the position of type-c outlet, and the appearance of the top arch is no longer monotonous.

2. The word "Venice" on the weight changes the previous handwritten Venice into a neat font, which looks more comfortable and more in line with the overall literary style of the keyboard.

3. Badge design changes. three colors respectively correspond to three different badge, diversified styles, the overall tone is more harmonious.

« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2023, 01:45:19 by made in China »

Offline Damage

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 23:10:55 »
The design changes for the new prototype look great. Thanks for listening!

Do you plan to offer a matching custom wrist rest? Seems important for a tented board like this one.

If so, can you share more details? Thanks.

Offline westish

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 21 February 2023, 21:10:56 »
I would do anything for this board