Author Topic: [IC]Still this pure blue."Klein R2"  (Read 4071 times)

Offline CHAOSERA

• official website of chaosera
[IC]Still this pure blue."Klein R2"
« on: Sat, 18 February 2023, 05:02:36 »
296601-0
After a year, Klein Switch R2 is reopened after a modified mold. As a main smooth shaft, the shaft still continues to use P3 material.
296603-1
P3 material: P3 material is named internally by JWK, in fact, this material is a newly developed hybrid material, which is composed of a mixture of materials. Compared with the traditional POM, PA66, PC, etc., it has better smoothness, lower coefficient of dynamic and static friction. It also has more excellent self-lubricating properties, and its main component materials are known as "solid lubricant".
Because of its excellent self-lubrication, P3 has a lower coefficient of friction with other materials, such as POM, than with other materials.

Friction coefficient between P3 and PC material = 0.07
Friction coefficient of P3 and 7035 copper material = 0.09
Friction coefficient of P3 and PA66 = 0.06
The above is the coefficient of friction between P3 material and other materials, below I will list the coefficient of friction between POM and other materials.
friction coefficient between POM and other materials.
Friction coefficient of POM and PC material = 0.42
Friction coefficient of POM and 7035 copper material = 0.36
Friction coefficient of POM and PA66: 0.38

It can be found that the friction coefficient of P3 material can be 4-6 times better than that of POM, which is the main reason why Klein Switches is particularly smooth.
In response to the market feedback of Klein Switch R1, after opening the cover, the upper cover will have loose phenomenon, re-optimized the mold, the upper cover tighter, R2 has no need to add the switch pad, different from R1 and R2, the new version of the upper cover added our LOGO, Just like in following chart
296605-2

At the same time, is also received market feedback. r2 spring increased by 2mm. rebound becomes more powerful. Therefore, it is no need to change the spring.
296607-3
296609-4

The following information is related to the switches.
Price.
Retail price: $0.75/pc
Spot opening price: $0.6/pc
Sales unit: box (35pcs/box)

Material.
Top housing: PC + other materials
Bottom housing: PA12 + trace 2 micron PTFE + MoS2 + other materials
Stem: P3 (mixed materials, UPE as the main material, other materials include but not limited    to - POM, MoS2, PTFE, etc.)
travel.
Pre-travel: 2.0mmą0.3mm
Total travel: 3.7mmą0.3mm

Pressure.
Actuation: 48gą10g
Bottom out: 55gą10g

Spring.
Extended gold-plated spring

Metal contact leaves type.
Gold metal contact leaves

296611-5
296613-6
296615-7

Additional
As a JWK OEM high-end switch, it will be well lubricated. Especially because of the re-modified mold, the noise control will be better than before. But JWK factory lubrication as we all know, spring and leave sound is not guaranteed. If you are a user with high requirements for sound, we recommend re-lubricating these parts.
Finally, everyone is welcome to join the group to guide the work:

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 February 2023, 20:20:10 by CHAOSERA »

Offline hali

• hali.studio
Re: [IC]Still this pure blue-Klein R2
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 18 February 2023, 09:34:19 »
there really don't have to be ics for jwk recolours especially when other people are already selling them

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 18 February 2023, 13:20:09 »
I see another long pole linear and my eyes glaze over.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline CHAOSERA

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 18 February 2023, 20:25:40 »
there really don't have to be ics for jwk recolours especially when other people are already selling them
Thank you for your reply. Since the switch was sold last year, the evaluation of its smoothness has always been good.
This time we have re-modified the mold, and its stability is much better than before. There is no need for a switch pad at all.
With the addition of some minor adjustments, compared to the Klein R1, the smoothness has been further improved, so I want to share it with you.

Offline Oogtug84

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 February 2023, 17:47:30 »
Thanks for sharing was hoping be able to snag some of these. Do you know who may be a North American Vendor?

Offline CHAOSERA

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 20 February 2023, 20:17:07 »
divinikey is coming soon

Offline CHAOSERA

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 February 2023, 00:16:48 »
I see another long pole linear and my eyes glaze over.
Which long pole linear, compared with the general long pole, we will pay more attention to smoothness