Author Topic: My special find: Dell AT101 - 102  (Read 1358 times)

Offline ZidaneTribal

My special find: Dell AT101 - 102
« on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 16:19:22 »
So, I was down getting some stuff from my moms basement (because it is the only place I have to put anything) and I stumble across a moldy old cardboard box containing this.

Now I confess I had my eyes set on a few nice new models with all the gaming/writing bells and whistles. I know I will probably end up with many typos and much frustration over this thing. But frankly I don't care. Thus far it has felt really nice to type with and given me that satisfying 'click', not to mention the nice broad spacing. It could do with a bit of polish and care, but I think I made out well!

So you may now all proceed to tell me why I fail for liking this ol' peice of salvage.
Proudly Suffers from "Chronic Hero Syndrome"

Offline False_Dmitry_II

My special find: Dell AT101 - 102
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 16:26:18 »
I wouldn't say I like those dells, but I'd say not all of us here only own brand new boards.

None of my boards are newer than 1996 (depending on the vivanco, I have no idea when it was made) and its the outlier. Point is, plenty of people here use vintage stuff.

I'm typing this on my space invaders board. Considering it has an AT connector I'm betting it's late '80s
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Ben Franklin (11 Nov. 1755)