Author Topic: US Vendor other than PMK?  (Read 2696 times)

Offline deadcell1453

US Vendor other than PMK?
« on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 11:10:02 »
As the title suggests I'm looking for a US base keycap maker other than pimpmykeyboard.com.  The reason for this is the thickness of their keycaps, which come in around 1mm.  If such a company doesn't exist, where can I find quality and thick PBT keycaps, preferably in cherry or dsa profile.

Offline mustardgreens

Re: US Vendor other than PMK?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 11:29:15 »
https://kbdfans.com/collections/enjoypbt-keycaps

Also, the stock keycaps from Leopold keyboards are thick PBT and very nice.

Offline deadcell1453

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 13:30:31 »
I looked into kbdfans, but I'm not sure how shipping will work with the current health issues in China.

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 15:40:17 »
The kbdfans store appears to be operating normally. You could try purchasing secondhand within your country if it's a serious issue for you.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 14:55:55 »
SP is the only US based manufacturer of PBT caps that will sell to us at MOQs we can actually meet.

GMK is based in Germany, but is only ABS.

Your best bet is mech market right now, if you're not looking to run a GB.

If you're looking to run a GB, you'll just have to be patient.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline grizzly_teddy

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 21:17:51 »
If it must be PBT, I have some SA PBT blanks laying around from grab bags. If you are ok with blanks, ohkeycaps.com (that's me FYI) has SA and DSA keycaps (ABS). GMK blanks will also be available soon. These are all blanks though, and ABS.
> The way GH looks now, to a regular person, it screams, "Oh dang, this is one of **those** sites for really devoted and weird people".