Author Topic: granite colorway in DCS profile?  (Read 51855 times)

Offline skuko

granite colorway in DCS profile?
« on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 02:45:14 »
could you guys agree with matt3o to produce it? i love the colorway (have the R1 granite), but over time, i came to realize i don't like the DSA profile. would be all over a DCS profile set though and i'm sure i wouldn't be alone.

:)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: granite colorway in DCS profile?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 04:37:08 »
Cherry profile would be more popular than DCS I imagine but worth a try. As far as I'm aware it's DSA for a reason.

Offline Happylomo

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 04:56:38 »
Yeah i would also support this! cherry / DCS profile!

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 07:56:50 »
I might be in for a GMK or JTK set. But definitely not DCS.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2016, 22:47:47 by UsualSuspectXXX »

Offline zslane

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 18:17:07 »
One of Granite's great benefits was that it was designed to take advantage of the layout flexibility an all-row-3 profile like DSA provides. By going to DCS there is no flat row to base the entire set upon. You are then left with the unenviable task of rearchitecting the set to fit a sculptured profile. I don't envy the poor soul who decides to try and take that task on (not because it is intrinsically hard, but because it'll take an act of god to reach consensus on the new kits).

Offline skuko

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 08:06:12 »
One of Granite's great benefits was that it was designed to take advantage of the layout flexibility an all-row-3 profile like DSA provides. By going to DCS there is no flat row to base the entire set upon. You are then left with the unenviable task of rearchitecting the set to fit a sculptured profile. I don't envy the poor soul who decides to try and take that task on (not because it is intrinsically hard, but because it'll take an act of god to reach consensus on the new kits).

eh, i fail to see the problem. just take the base kit and base text mods (with color RGBYO options) and apply to the colorway to a DCS profile. done.

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 26 January 2016, 21:51:55 »

eh, i fail to see the problem. just take the base kit and base text mods (with color RGBYO options) and apply to the colorway to a DCS profile. done.

The issue isn't colors on a different profile.  The issue is for people that want to use other layouts such as Colemak, Dvorak, Workman, etc.  This simply can't be done without EXCEPTIONALLY expensive kits due to low production numbers if you want to force purchasing kits with only 1 or 2 people wanting them.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich