Author Topic: Apple Extended Keyboard I (AEK - M0115) Questions  (Read 1209 times)

Offline rbleicher

Apple Extended Keyboard I (AEK - M0115) Questions
« on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 12:08:19 »
Hi everyone. I have a few AEKs. Just pulled them out of storage. Love them. But with the current mac operating system and the Griffin iMate (I have two of the latter); the caps lock keys don't work when connected to my iMac. Meanwhile if I connect the keyboards to my PC at work, the caps lock works. The shift keys work on the mac and PC.  So it's not the iMate or the keyboard since it works on a PC... must be a software issue on the mac not recognizing the caps lock being down? Any idea how to correct? (I'm on 10.15.3 Catalina).

Also, can anyone point me to how to remove and reinsert the space bar key on the AEK?

Thanks!

Rick

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Apple Extended Keyboard I (AEK - M0115) Questions
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 March 2020, 14:13:12 »
There is a new converter that is better and cheaper than the iMate, people were talking about it here a few months ago.

The space bar pulls straight up, but when it goes back down you will probably need to re-seat the wire into its clips with a small flat head screwdriver.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
Re: Apple Extended Keyboard I (AEK - M0115) Questions
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 07:18:30 »
You can buy a fully programmable ABD-USB converter from community member Hasu here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=14290.0
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards