Author Topic: Blocked by Cherry G80-2551 Ebay seller  (Read 3069 times)

Offline derzemel

Blocked by Cherry G80-2551 Ebay seller
« on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 11:08:13 »
There is a Cherry G80-2551 (one of the most attractive keyboards ever made) on ebay and I wanted to place a bid on it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cherry-PC-Tastatur-G80-2551-24-Funktionstasten-weitere-NEUWERTIG-/121620721782?bvflow=0&sellerid=gorilla-mit-kette&rd=1

I sent a mail to the seller asking him if he ships to Romania (initially it was not clearly specified on the item's page). He said that he does not deliver outside Germany.

Ok, no problem I have a German friend that can proxy for me and he gave me his Berlin address, which I then set as my Primary Shipping Address. I then placed a bid on the keyboard (****, I would have paid 50Euro for it).

The next day, the seller canceled my bid with this comment: Käufer mit Lieferadresse ausserhalb Deutschland (Buyer with a delivery address outside Germany).

WHAT!!!!! ... MY PRIMARY ADDRESS IS IN GERMANY, BERLIN, IN THE SAME CITY AS THE SELLER!!!!!!!

I then sent 2 messages to the seller (2 days apart, last one on Monday) telling him in German and in English that my primary shipping address is in Berlin, Germany (I even provided the address) and I asked him if I can bid again. He replied yesterday with one word "sorry"

Ok, I assumed it would be ok to bid and about 5 hours ago, when I wanted to do it again, I received and message that "the seller is not accepting bids or offers from you at this time."

WHAT!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I tried to find out the reason, sent a message again to the seller (but with the way he has been answering, I do not see any chance of receiving anything before the bid ends), searched information on the net, nothing...

I finally decided to call Ebay support to as them what I should do. They did not have any solution either to "unblock" me before the bid ends also they dod not see any reason entered on why the selled has blocked me (which seems to be against the rules)... so I decided to report the seller.

Anyway, if any of you, Germans around here get it, enjoy it and love it and cherish it... I'm just going to crawl into a corner now and cry myself to sleep.

P.S.: sorry if this irritated any of you, I just felt the need to vent.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 April 2015, 11:12:15 by derzemel »

Offline Ludovician

Re: Blocked by Cherry G80-2551 Ebay seller
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 11:11:00 »
Is your friend able to bid on your behalf using his own account?

It sucks that the seller has been so unflexible with you.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline derzemel

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 11:14:53 »
Is your friend able to bid on your behalf using his own account?

It sucks that the seller has been so unflexible with you.

I called my friend and he will get home after the bid ends.
Anyway, I have given up on trying to get it... I'll just keep searching and hoping that another one will show up someday

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 11:18:59 »
Sounds like you need a german member, post in off topic and hope someone replies.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline derzemel

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 12:23:19 »
Sounds like you need a german member, post in off topic and hope someone replies.

It crossed my mind, but i would not want someone who does not know me personally to use his/hers money for me.

Anyway, my main issue is that I have been blocked without any clear reason

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 13:48:00 »
Unfortunately for you, eBay sellers can block anyone, at any time, for any reason.

Offline derzemel

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 13:56:10 »
Unfortunately for you, eBay sellers can block anyone, at any time, for any reason.

Yes, I learned that too

Offline Data

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 14:29:45 »
If the guy is that quick to be an ******* and block you then you didn't want to do business with him anyway.  He would probably find some way to screw you in the end.  Add him to a list of sellers to avoid and consider that you dodged a bullet this time.

Offline jamdox

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:18:19 »
I would have paid 50Euro for it

Well, the winning bid was EUR85, so it doesn't matter either way.
AEKII
Ducky Shine II w/ Clears
NMB RT8256CW+

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:36:25 »
Well I would block you too if you sent a message asking if you shipped to Romania and then later told me you had a German address.

If you put yourself in the seller's shoes and think about its not that unreasonable. He probably just thought you were trying to pull a weird fast one on him
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:38:40 by Novus »

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 21:41:17 »
Well I would block you too if you sent a message asking if you shipped to Romania and then later told me you had a German address.

If you put yourself in the seller's shoes and think about its not that unreasonable. He probably just thought you were trying to pull a weird fast one on him

Yeah this was also brought up in the DT thread about it.

Offline derzemel

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 23:31:04 »

I agree now. Thank you for taking the time to reply!

After opening this thread here and on DT I have learned a lot about ebay and how it works.

So in the end I still got something out of this :)

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 16:23:08 »
Plenty of people from Turkey, former Yugoslavia and other countries have worked in Germany (Gastarbeiters), and sometimes stayed. There was the Habsburg monarchy as well, and the nations mixed; Poles often work in Austria even nowadays.

The extra address is the last thing that would be big deal for me, but I actually know at least something about modern European history.

Lack of feedback on the other hand…

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 10:40:50 »
Although I have a US proxy, I also get blocked a lot by US sellers. Some are ok with unblocking once you tell them that you have a US address, some refuse to answer you.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 15:02:51 »
Plenty of people from Turkey, former Yugoslavia and other countries have worked in Germany (Gastarbeiters), and sometimes stayed. There was the Habsburg monarchy as well, and the nations mixed; Poles often work in Austria even nowadays.

The extra address is the last thing that would be big deal for me, but I actually know at least something about modern European history.

Lack of feedback on the other hand…

Ok good story ...
Are you always this argumentative or just stupid?